Check rates and availability for this hotel
Find the best prices for Milsoms Hotel from our 2 partners. Show all partners
Travel Blogs from Henley-on-Thames
... of the ladder. Unfortunately the weather hasn't been great for a lot of the month but it hasn’t stopped us getting amongst London. Might just dot point what we have been up too:
- Matt Corby gig – Picked up tickets for 5 quid and went into central London for an incredible gig. Amazing singer
- Umbilical Brothers – Another cheap night out tickets only 7 quid. Shell had the ...
... there in the evenings too .Most of the time the weather was fine and even sunny but VERY cold between 3 and 6 degrees and my ears and face felt frozen!
We visited various small towns and places of interest - Wendy and Chris lived in this area some years ago so were good tour guides. We had a ride on a local restored railway line which we had expected would be pulled by a steam engine but was diesel ...
... one golf ball about every 2 weeks. Once the weather got really cold, we stopped finding golf balls even though we could still see the golfers moving through the course and "aiming" towards the house. As we are not golfers, as previously stated, we don't understand the passion or desire or interest that drives golfers to go out and walk around on a cold or wet day. But we have come up with a theory, the Bad ...
... he took it.
· Off he trotted to work on a Monday (an hour away) to work at a retail company. Didnt enjoy it and at lunch time had a call from Pitch to say he had gotten the job there
· Was put in a very awkward position of starting a job in the morning and quitting that night. There were some very unhappy people.
· Shell had applied for a job through ...
... they should be 48 hours only. We had another chat about BCF with someone, then had to travel on up the further 11 locks of the Hanwell flight, in the company of Phil and Carol on Winter Lily. We moored eventually at Bulls Bridge Tesco at 5.10pm, with all night cars and lorries just a few feet from the boat. We kept Hugo in again. This was a long day.
Thu 28th April
After a brief stocking up visit to Tesco, we left other ...