Mike'S Place Hotel
Travel Blogs from Bangkok
... on the top floor with great views and lounge access with complimentary cocktails and canapes in the evening, Very nice! The swimming / infinity pool was amazing also.
We had a few jobs to do on Wednesday and we managed to get the ball rolling on our visas for Myanmar pretty easily. The embassy was only 100m down the street from the hotel! A bit of luck rather than planning that so we strolled down, filled out a few forms and left ...
... Land") is Bangkok's main airport, having replaced the more accurately titled (if not slightly less jazzy) "Don Muang", which translates to "the upland where the town is located". Surprisingly, these fun airport facts are not the first thing on my mind when- thanks to a combination of heat and air pressure- I develop a massive nosebleed upon stepping off the plane. No - the logical conclusion that my jet lagged brain jumps to is "Oh dear god- they're going to think I'm a coke addict and ...
View from the Skybar that a scene in Hangover 2 was filmed.
We have had a busy few days in the Thai Capital, living it up. We've been to Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn), which was ridiculously steep! (Pictures to follow) Wat Pho (Temple of the Reclining Buddha) Wat Traimit (Temple of the ...
... the thing). Leaving Wat Pho I wandered to the river, trying to decide whether to venture accross to another temple called Qat Arun. But the river bank gave me such a nice view of it that I decided not to bother. Instead, I ended up visiting an exhibit on Thai silk, which was rather informative, and nice and cool (bless the museum aircon!). After that, I started making my way back to the hostel, choosing a walking route through the heart of Chinatown, where it was ...
... top of a very steep hill so just getting to the beach and back was certainly enough exercise. On our last night we both get food poisoning from a dodgy resort restaurant, and Jake was up all night hugging the toilet squatting on the damp concrete floor. The next day, slightly recovered, we decide to leave for Krabi where we can both get some proper sleep in a clean a/c room. I think it was this point when we decided to become 'flash packers' no ...
Other places to stay in Bangkok
1, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Relaxing base
- Oasis in the Bangkok
- Alright for the price
คลองสาน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $115
- Truely Haven !!!!
- Nice hotel but lousy service
- Loved the Hilton
89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, New Road, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Very Nice
- Very romantic
- The best hotel we ever stayed in
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $135
- Perfect balance between business and pleasure
- Good Value & Nice Pool
- No problems
สวนหลวง, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $113
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $46
- Good value for money
- Not Very Good
- MUSTY SMOKE
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $79
188 Silom Rd, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Very nice hotel
- Only get what you pay for
- Good, not great
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- Response to oct 13 review
- State of the art excellence
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $167
- Spa Cottages - True City Relaxation
- Disappointed check-in service and dirty bathroom
- Excellent for business travellers too
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $41
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $145
- Total Package
- Everything you'd expect - and a little more!
- Fantastic Service and Good Value
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $68
- Very average club floor
- Great Hotel
- A Well-Known Entity
วัฒนา, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $116
- Great location
- Superb Hotel, Great Service, Great Location
- Good service, decent location, heavenly bed
บางรัก, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- I love Holiday Inn Bangkok
- Unhelpful staff
- Excellent - would go back anytime!!!!
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $97
- Old Hotel
- A Very Good Hotel
- Great position
บางรัก, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $338
- First class!
- Best Service, unbeatable location
- Best in the world
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Tower Suites well worth the extra cash
- An Excellent Choice - No complaints.
- Great location, views
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $85
ราชเทวี, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- For Pratunam lover
- Tired hotel
- Best Hotel in Bangkok - AMARI WATERGATE
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $96
- Good hotel
- Great 5* Service
- Good location and efficient service
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $97
- Excellent value for money!!!!!
- Modern, friendly and brand new!
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- The umbrella @ Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- Best Hotel we have stayed in -ever
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $167
- Great Location, Great Deal
- 5 star hotel all the way.
87 Wireless Rd, All Seasons Place, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $137
- World Class Hotel
- The Conrad...one of Bangkok's best!
- Fantastic Hotel
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $85