Melia Roma Aurelia Antica Hotel
Check rates and availability for this hotel
Find the best prices for Melia Roma Aurelia Antica Hotel from our 11 partners. Show all partners
Travel Blogs from Rome
Roma - Colliseum, Vatican, HIstory all around, Ruins, Trevi Fountain... Very beautiful place... And hot as hell in July...
Talk about a baptism of fire. After a seamless morning catching our flight and a beautiful view over the Swiss Alps (my favourite all time flight), the day stopped getting easy from there.
The instructions to our hotel were specific up to a certain point and then got a little vague. We were instructed to get the train from …
-Stayed at the Melia Roma Aurelia Antica Hotel -Went to the Trevi Fountain -Had dinner at Papa Rex [00165 Roma, Via Aurelia, 87]
First conference on sensor networking, saw lots of sights and met cool people.
... we found a Mithraic temple, and I'll quote from our bible Lonely Planet here: "...Mithras, a young, handsome god, was ordered to slay a wild bull by the Sun. As the bull died, it gave its life, as its blood flow caused wheat and other plants to grow. Mithraic temples are always deep and dark, but the cults fascination with dark, dank places doesnt reflect a sinister undercurrent. Rather, its cave temples represented the cosmos, because it was created from the earth. ...
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Swimming pool
- Room service
- Fitness/Health center
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Business Services
Historical Traveler Reviews Melia Roma Aurelia Antica Hotel Rome
Great Hotel! Loved it!
Stayed at hotel the 22nd through to the 25th of June, 2004.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Clean rooms
- Spacious rooms
- Well stocked Mini bar
- Great Balcony rooms overlooking the huge pool
- Free shuttle to Barbarini Station (30 minutes on Shuttle bus and then only 2 stops down on the orange from Barbarini to the Colloseum) and the Vatican
- Restaurant food above average
- King beds available
- Porter to carry bags
- Concierge desk can book city tours, day trips, etc...
- Early check-in
- High priced room service/restaurant/minibar. Suggest taking shuttle bus into town and eating in Rome.
- Limited Shuttle service. Adequate. Map out where you want to go from the two stations the shuttle will drop you off.
- Shuttle will not pick you up or drop off at airport. I suggest requesting a taxi to hotel. Should pay no more than 30 Euro for two people and bags. Negotiate ahead of time.
- Hotel is out of the way. Close to nothing.
We stayed at the Melia in March of 2004. We were extremely pleased with the hotel. The staff was very courteous. Our rooms were nice, clean, and spacious. The shuttle bus that takes you into town daily was very helpful since the hotel is a bit away from the main attractions in rome. If we are lucky enough to return to rome soon, we will definetely stay at the melia once again!!
The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Getting to the hotel was a little tricky (we drove) since it was located on the outskirts of Rome. We were glad that there was a shuttle bus that drops & picks you up near the Vatican or central Rome (short walk to the Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Spagna, etc.) because driving in Rome is something else! Would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone visiting Rome.
It was ok.
I stayed in late April this year. The first room we were given was very hot. They seem to have a problem with their air conditioning because the second room was cooler, but still to hot. The location was very inconvenient for seeing Rome. There is a free bus, but the times are not the most convenient. The food was not that great.