Travel Blogs from Bangkok
... s still a French fry on my shoulder and in Asia the Chinese are the Americans of the east... My trip to china is gonna be interesting next year....
• roads and driving; love it here!! Seems crazy but there's method in the madness and I fit in to that method (or madness) well... Cambodian and Laos roads look the most challenging but can't wait to buy that motorbike in 7 weeks time... First stop Halong Bay Vietnam... Google that bad boy!!
... we also had to take our shoes of a number of times to go inside the buildings and see the buddhas. After we had taken enough pictures We left and made our way round the back of the palace where we found Wat pho temple which holds the biggest collection of Buddhas. This is also where the biggest recline Buddha 46m long and 15m high. - it is made out of brick sculptured out of plaster and finished in gold leaf. To access this room Vikki and Kate had to wear a sexy lime ...
... downstairs and get his Pad Thai fix! My first authentic Pad Thai - a little bit of chilli, some sugar and some tiny shrimp and I was good to go - it was pretty great. We then decided to spend the rest of the afternoon lounging by the pool as it was getting on a bit - so headed up to the roof for some R&R and got chatting to an English guy. A little later we made our way out for dinner - Thai curry yum yum - and then parked up at a vintage VW camper van/bar for ...
... we found an info booth and they were like oh ignore them, where are they??? Ha ha hope they got told off the buggers! We then took a ferry to china town and went to the station, on the way there was a coffin just chillin in the street, no body though thank god, loads of shops selling gold which were packed full of people and a shop selling inflatable pool toys (life sized dolphins) hmm no sure there is a huge market for this in Bangkok but hey ho. That night Laura ...
... the train station - where a lovely tourist information guy explained how the train we were getting to Cambodia would work. It was hilarious because when he first approached us I didn't see him, but Charlotte did - however he just ignored her until he got my attention! Seems like this is a country where men prefer talking to men, not women! We found a hotel very near the station, cost around £8 each per ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Meechai Mansion Bangkok
Other places to stay in Bangkok
1, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Relaxing base
- Oasis in the Bangkok
- Alright for the price
คลองสาน, Bangkok | 4 star hotel
- Truely Haven !!!!
- Nice hotel but lousy service
- Loved the Hilton
89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, New Road, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $185
- Very Nice
- Very romantic
- The best hotel we ever stayed in
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $250
- Perfect balance between business and pleasure
- Good Value & Nice Pool
- No problems
สวนหลวง, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $89
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $34
- Good value for money
- Not Very Good
- MUSTY SMOKE
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $60
188 Silom Rd, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $94
- Very nice hotel
- Only get what you pay for
- Good, not great
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- Response to oct 13 review
- State of the art excellence
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $207
- Spa Cottages - True City Relaxation
- Disappointed check-in service and dirty bathroom
- Excellent for business travellers too
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $44
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $217
- Total Package
- Everything you'd expect - and a little more!
- Fantastic Service and Good Value
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Very average club floor
- Great Hotel
- A Well-Known Entity
บางรัก, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- I love Holiday Inn Bangkok
- Unhelpful staff
- Excellent - would go back anytime!!!!
วัฒนา, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $147
- Great location
- Superb Hotel, Great Service, Great Location
- Good service, decent location, heavenly bed
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $130
- Old Hotel
- A Very Good Hotel
- Great position
บางรัก, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $249
- First class!
- Best Service, unbeatable location
- Best in the world
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $109
- Tower Suites well worth the extra cash
- An Excellent Choice - No complaints.
- Great location, views
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $109
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotel$133 average
- Excellent value for money!!!!!
- Modern, friendly and brand new!
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Good hotel
- Great 5* Service
- Good location and efficient service
ราชเทวี, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $99
- For Pratunam lover
- Tired hotel
- Best Hotel in Bangkok - AMARI WATERGATE
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 5 star hotel$190 average
- Great Location, Great Deal
- 5 star hotel all the way.
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- The umbrella @ Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- Best Hotel we have stayed in -ever
87 Wireless Rd, All Seasons Place, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $190
- World Class Hotel
- The Conrad...one of Bangkok's best!
- Fantastic Hotel
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $3,100
- Great value.
- A bit of a disappointment
- A decent hotel, but far from transit options