Travel Blogs from Bangkok
... rental of long trousers and shirts to wear in.
The palace was beautiful sight, with stunning building and golden statues to take in. The number of tourists in there was a bit heavy but we managed to get into to see every sight we wanted so it wasn’t so bad. The heavy sun made the day feel hard and after a few hours of walking around, we retreated back to our air conditioned room.
... Bangkok is BUSY. It takes ages to drive anywhere, so we will stick to foot or train or boat.
A bonus arrising from the current political situation is that there is a 10pm curfew, so at least the roads will be quiet overnight.
Wednesday 28th May
Last day in SE Asia!
We haven't been very adventurous, just sticking to the area around our hotel, reading in its AC and having dinner in the local Indian ...
... tried to steal her attention. Another great day and a fantastic birthday. Day 2 - complete. ...not quite! Having made the most of such a busy day one was drifting into dreamland when alas, the doorbell started ringing at 11.30pm. Strange, I thought, but proceeded to the door in a pair of my best Calvin Kleins. Opening the door enough to squeeze my glance outside, a lady was thrusting what looked like, and was soon confirmed to be, a chocolate cake with the iced inscription ...
... minister will be decided. They were handing out free food, drink and I've cream! Needless to say we both accepted their generous givings. The most exciting stop of the day was at a place called Hua Lamphong. We strolled across the canal but due to the soaring heat we sat and took a break by a bridge. Feeling defeated and very drained, Miss Rich excitedly brought to my attention a camouflaged creature lurking no more than 10 ...
... on the 64th floor of the Lebua hotel in Central Bangkok. What a view. We started with an Asahi before the boys moved on to the cocktails. I plumped for the sixteen year old Glenfiddich single malt, neat. After a couple more drinks and a few cliche photos we were getting peckish. The next item on our itinerary was 'The Flying Chicken Restaurant' for dinner. Unfortunately as we gave the address to the porter at the ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Meechai Mansion Bangkok
Other places to stay in Bangkok
1, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Relaxing base
- Oasis in the Bangkok
- Alright for the price
คลองสาน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $115
- Truely Haven !!!!
- Nice hotel but lousy service
- Loved the Hilton
89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, New Road, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Very Nice
- Very romantic
- The best hotel we ever stayed in
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $135
- Perfect balance between business and pleasure
- Good Value & Nice Pool
- No problems
สวนหลวง, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $113
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $46
- Good value for money
- Not Very Good
- MUSTY SMOKE
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $79
188 Silom Rd, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Very nice hotel
- Only get what you pay for
- Good, not great
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- Response to oct 13 review
- State of the art excellence
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $167
- Spa Cottages - True City Relaxation
- Disappointed check-in service and dirty bathroom
- Excellent for business travellers too
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $41
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $145
- Total Package
- Everything you'd expect - and a little more!
- Fantastic Service and Good Value
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $68
- Very average club floor
- Great Hotel
- A Well-Known Entity
วัฒนา, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $116
- Great location
- Superb Hotel, Great Service, Great Location
- Good service, decent location, heavenly bed
บางรัก, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- I love Holiday Inn Bangkok
- Unhelpful staff
- Excellent - would go back anytime!!!!
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $97
- Old Hotel
- A Very Good Hotel
- Great position
บางรัก, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $338
- First class!
- Best Service, unbeatable location
- Best in the world
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Tower Suites well worth the extra cash
- An Excellent Choice - No complaints.
- Great location, views
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $85
ราชเทวี, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- For Pratunam lover
- Tired hotel
- Best Hotel in Bangkok - AMARI WATERGATE
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $96
- Good hotel
- Great 5* Service
- Good location and efficient service
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $97
- Excellent value for money!!!!!
- Modern, friendly and brand new!
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- The umbrella @ Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- Best Hotel we have stayed in -ever
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $167
- Great Location, Great Deal
- 5 star hotel all the way.
87 Wireless Rd, All Seasons Place, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $137
- World Class Hotel
- The Conrad...one of Bangkok's best!
- Fantastic Hotel
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $85