Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Room service
- Swimming pool
- Business Services
Photos of Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino
TravelPod Member ReviewsCairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino
It is a Marriott so its got all the amenities and layout comfort of a Marriott anywhere. The lobby area and outside restaurant area were great and have a magnificent atmosphere. Pretty central to Cairo attractions. Would make a great business hotel but for the budget traveler I'm sure you could do better. I was staying on points and it was a great way to break into Africa.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.
Historical Traveler Reviews Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino
Loved this place !!!
My husband & I just returned from a 13 day tour of Egypt. We spent a total of 5 nights at the Cairo Marriott & Casino. We absolutely loved the hotel !! They are currently in the process of renovating the exterior, and plan to start interior renovations as soon as the outside is done. We found our rooms to be spacious and clean, and not too shabby as some have said. The staff at the hotel are friendly, helpful and cheerful. Our room attendants came by at least three times a day to see if there was anything we may need. We ate at three of the restaurants in the hotel and they were all excellent, with prompt, courteous and efficient service. We would go back in an instant
Value for money but rooms desperately need renovation
Our family of two adults + two kids stayed at the Marriott Cairo for 6 nights including New Years eve.
- Excellent location
- Hotel property is very nice, particularly the palace portions, the lawns, etc.
- Plenty of restaurants for a variety of foods
- Staff was friendly
- Good facilities (guest services, transport, shopping, bank, ATMs, gym, pool, etc.)
- The Escape Dining Package (which was available at that time) was good value for money. The breakfast buffet at Omar's Cafe was good, with a lot of variety
- Our rooms on the ground floor had a nice view of the lawns, with easy
access to the lawns.
- Rooms were the biggest disappointment. They were old and shabby, and in desperate need of renovation. We even found a cockroach in our room.
- No tea or coffee in the rooms.
- The staff at the reception during check-in did not have our Escape Dining package details. They seemed unaware of the package. Even after informing them of the package details during check in, when we received our bills at check-out, we found that we had been charged for dinner meals, and it required a manager to intervene and reverse the charges
- Breakfast rules were not clear. We were charged for our daughter's breakfast (she is 5 years old), since we were told that the Escape Dining package was only for two adults. However, our friends on the same package were not charged for their kids breakfast, even though they had a 6 year old. I had to talk to the manager to get the charges reversed. To the hotel's credit, they accepted all our refund requests!
- Outdoor swimming pool so can not be used in the winter months.
- We learnt from taxi drivers that those taxi operators/drivers who pay 20% of their fare to the bellboys and doorman staff get to stand near the entrance of the hotel and target customers directly before the customers reach the main road!
We spent a week at the Marriott Cairo. Although as other people have said the rooms were dated they are planning to refurbish and the room was adequate. We did not try all the resturants but recommend the steak house, lovely food and wonderful service. we had a guide the whole week we were in Cairo, saw everything we wanted to and learnt so much. Definately recommend a guide. We are from New Zealand but currently living in Qatar so were able to get two comparisons
I went with my family of 4 and we easily fitted into 1 of their spacious twin bedded rooms, overlooking the garden. It was truly a palace, with plush gardens and a fabulous outside cafe/ bar. The service, though sometimes slow, was always charming, the pool was heated and huge, my children were made to feel welcome every where, and it was only a short taxi ride into the centre of Cairo. I thoroughly recommend this hotel, especially for families.
We just stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, as previoulsy stated the rooms are a bit dated, but found them spotless and spacious.
We just loved the staff there, we found most to be wonderful, friendly and smiling -especially Waleed who works inthe pool bar. My son quickly made friends with one of the conciereges and looked forward everyday to seeing him and sharing a smile! Lovely looking hotel, good position for walking, taxiis or tours, and the garden around the pool area was fantastic and relaxing.
would absolutley stay there again!
Never a five star hotel
We arrived late in the night!! Hustle bustle at the check in. Takes nearly an hour to get us in our room. Oh, what a dissapointment. Everything looks like a rundown hotel from the seventies. The room was in the third floor of the so called Gezira-Tower. Quite noisy at night even with closed windows. Next morning - Breakfast- so so! In the evening we tried the Italian Restaurant. Food mediocre- Service friendly but slow. If you can avoid the Marriott, do so! Try one of the two Four Seasons Hotels in Cairo for real Luxury.
Needs an remodel
We were really disappointed with our recent stay at the Marriott Cairo. The place was fully booked, and since we arrived late they said they may not be able to check us in. After an hour we were finally given keys to a room. The rooms are really outdated, rundown, and i even questioned how clean our room was.
Good by Egypitian Standard
As an American this hotel lived up to a typical 4 star hotel. Compared to the rest of the hotels in Cairo it does definitely stand out. The rooms looked as if they were done in the 80's but they do have FREE high speed internet which is always a big advantage especially when situated in Egypt. Anything that you need you can bug the guest relations who will always assist you in whatever needs (i.e. Pyramid Tours, Restaurant Information, etc.) But be careful of the typical Egyptian hustle when you literally step outside the hotel because the limo/taxi drivers are always happy to double and triple your fare. Always talk to a hotel representative and ask them how much a fare should cost so you don't get tricked.
Spacious ,comfortable rooms which perhaps need to be updated.The hotel is a mixture of old and new , elegant and 'kitsch' ,but it has a charm of its own.
I perfectly agree that the food is good and reliable.The hotel is clean.
Old summer palace of King Farouk
This has to be one of the highlights of anybodies trip to Cairo. The Marriott is located with towers built on either side of an old palace. The towers., though some of the rooms are dated are spacious and most offer views either over the gardens or the river nile while runs alongside the grounds. The restaurants in the hotel are reliable., the ice for your drinks is filtered and in the 10 days I stayed there in september of this year I did not have a problem with the food or hygene. Cairo is very safe., though it does take a little getting used to seeing the police carrying guns., it is a pleasure to walk aroudn the city and feel as safe as you do. I would recommend the hotel highly., for the money it has to be one of the best value for money holidays I have speant....well since my last trip to Egypt anyway!!
TripAdvisor Reviews Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino
Travel Blogs from Cairo
... across the road and the American couple were completely disappointed when we were told we were getting some local food. It was in a perfume shop where they sold all the bases to the big brands overseas like Joop etc. The food was great, but the American's just couldn't understand why we couldn't have just had Pizza. That night we had an overnight train trip to get us all the way down to Aswan. Half of us were in the normal train and the ...Cairo, Egypt laine