Mario's Hotel & Restaurant
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Mario's Hotel & Restaurant San Juan
Travel Blogs from San Juan
... It is the largest fort in the Caribbean. It took over 150 years to build and was built to protect from pirates and other intruders. It was quite a majestic establishment. I was really sad we only had about 6 1/2 hours in Puerto Rico, and if I ever have the chance, I would love to visit again for a week or more. It's so amazing! I really wanted to try the ...
We started off day two with a morning stroll up the street to this great restaurant called Pinky's. This place is very laid back and has some great food and service. Try the Pinky's sandwich, the ingredients seem too simple, but they put some sort of sauce on it that makes it just delightful. Following breakfast, we made our way to Old San Juan to check out El Morro for a while before heading to Ponce. ...
... to the sea through the stone, making me want to have a comfortable place to site and just look through the openings to the water and the city of Old San Juan.
The fort includes a lighthouse (built in the late 1800’s) and the original tracks for the cannon mounts that were stationed on the various levels. There are 5 levels in total, each one built in succession on top of the lower levels to provide protection based on how far away an enemy ship ...
... never win a dollar more than we won on that first pull. Not enough better.
There is a live Latin band playing in the hotel bar. We stroll out there and order a quesadilla, which turns out to be so big we have a hard time finishing it between the two (three?) of us. We listen to the music and watch people dance Salsa until the band takes a break and painful songs from the eighties attack us from invisible speakers above our heads.
While most of the guests now ...
... but this time we had Pernil (roast pork) with rice and pigeon peas and ˝ a pastelles – awesome pastelles. Pastelles (filled with seafood) are their rendition of a tamale and they are really only available during the holidays. Les had chicken noodle soup with tostones –we went halfsies yum!
Bellies full, we set off to explore the two historic forts – beautiful ...
Other places to stay in San Juan
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 4 star hotelfrom $153
- Enjoyed by stay
- The Wyndham Condado Plaza Hotel
- Christmas 2002
Downtown/City center, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $125
- May 2003 Trip
- Wyndham Old San Juan a total disappointment
- Just a place to sleep
Downtown/City center, San Juan | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Loved Our Stay!
- Why stay anywhere else?
- Puerto Rico the forgotten Jewel
Luyang District, San Juan | 4 star hotelfrom $32
- Great Hotel
- Can't really not complain at all about the hotel...
- Was worth the money. Would stay again...
Downtown/City center, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $151
- I agree, avoid this place.
- The ideal getaway hotel
- Pleasant Surprise
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $132
- Would Not Stay Again
- Nice Get Away!
- Good Value Near Old San Juan
1 Mariano Ramirez Bages, San Juan | 2 star hotelfrom $94
- Terrible Experience
- Not all that
- Low price, but you get what you pay for
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $140
- You can find better deal!
- Reasonable Rates, Excellent Service
- It's not the ritz, but it's not expensive either
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 4 star hotelfrom $150
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 2 star hotelfrom $84
- Rooms really really damp
- Look no further!
- Recent Stay in January, 2004 at the San Juan Beach Hotel
Airport, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $124
- Convenient, Quiet, and Near Beaches
- Perfect place to overnight when flying next AM
- Long on amenities for a short stay
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $108
Calle Clemenceau 6, San Juan | 1 star hotelfrom $57
- Good value; recent renovation.
- 2 star...
- Comfort Inn...great place and location
100 Cristo St, San Juan | 4 star hotelfrom $75
- Beautiful, thoughtful, but noisy
- Charming Old world feel in great location, some service slips
Calle San Jose 202, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $34
606 Ponce de Leon Avenue, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $285
- Not for me
- Hotel Miramar just ok
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $103
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 2 star hotelfrom $131
- Diamond Dud
- Don't believe "Expedia's" hype!
- Worse hotel ever !!!!!!
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 2 star hotelfrom $85
- Hard to find but.....
- Great help, aging facility
- Very clean and comfortable
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Stay @ The Wind Chimes
- Romantic oasis in the Condado!
- What a great place
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $115
- Great Choice!!!! Will not be dissapointed!!!!
- BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE
- Me encantó el Acacia
Downtown/City center, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $106
- Comfortable stay
- Don't bother to stay here!
- Location is only asset.
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 2 star hotelfrom $118
- A little strip of Paradise...
- Beach Lover Paradise
- Relaxing, Beautiful, Pleasant
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 2 star hotelfrom $82
- A Wonderful Time At Atlantic!
- EGAD! Marriott up street is what I would do.
- It's a nice place to stay
Downtown/City center, San Juan | 2 star hotelfrom $88
- Just got to love it
- Party Time
- Wonderfull for business trips