Manuela a San Pietro
TripAdvisor Reviews Manuela a San Pietro Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... cocktails. It got cloudy, it was great!! Then we walked to the Circo Massimo (Circus Maximus), an ancient chariot racing stadium and the place of the first ever Olympic Games. It's a big patch or dirt and weeds.. Still interesting but I had assumed it had been maintained! One end was under construction, how unusual, it was sectioned off from the dirt part but still had some brick work left. We walked back to our hotel and an elderly Italian lady ...
... ate some pasta and visited the Colosseum. I was pretty much losing my **** walking around that thing. It's immense. I'm in Rome for another five nights so I've plenty of time to write about the city, but here's a few initial impressions.
First up, this place is ancient. Some streets look like a typical European city, then suddenly you'll walk around a corner and there'll be monolithic ruins staring you in the face. There seems to be something to look ...
... mainly Michelangelo, Raphael and Raphael's pupils. Most artworks show ancient Rome, the pope or Christ.
Gallery of Maps
A large hall of maps of Italy. The left side shows the West regions and the right the East.
It's a bronze ball in a ...
... in case there's a story. A woman with one of the crews, who Ang picked to be the TV journo., asked us if we'd seen other more interesting things - we weren't sure if she was trying to get rid of us. Our hotel was only a couple of hundred metres away up Corso - the main shopping street - and we could see that we had stopped short by literally metres of seeing the government buildings on our walk down Corso yesterday. We returned to our room to rest our feet, freshen ...
... Vatican would have such a large collection on ancient Egyptian artifacts. One of the major attractions, the Rafael rooms, was a series of rooms that featured frescos by Rafael. One of the most famous frescoes was the Athens’ School of Thought. This is the image with Plato and Aristotle in the middle of a large group of people discussing some philosophical matter. I was really pleased to be able to see this particular fresco because my high school has a large replica of the ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82