Travel Blogs from Rome
... have class on Friday, most of the students wanted to visit a bar that is often frequented by University of Dallas students: Santi e Pecatori (Saints and Sinners). It is a bar that is up the road a couple of miles in the town of Albano. We went pretty late in the evening, and it just so happened to be karaoke night. Luckily for us, many Italians were there singing American songs!! A few students tried singing and we had a good time. I came back earlier than most students because I ...
... org/wiki/Piazza_Ve nezia). It was awesome! it's indescribable! we were able to go to the top terrace and had an excellent panoramic view of Rome.
Next stop was the Roman Forum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_%28 Roman%29). we spent some time walking around there and then went to Circus Maximus - again an Ethan request. It is an ancient chariot race track.
The next stop was ...
The great stadium of Ancient Rome, known as the Colosseum, or (more officially) the Flavian Amphitheater, was marvelous! It was huge; 187 ft. high and about 1/3 of a mile around. There were many pieces of art in the area between the walls. The Colosseum itself was a bit of a ruin (a large amount of the south wall had been taken off for other purposes, the floor of the arena has rotted away, and there ...
... and mum got her usual, lemon sorbet. I cannot even describe the amazingness of this gelato. The guidebook did not lie. I hadn't tried any other Roman icecream but could already tell this had to be the best. It was a basic sweet vanilla base, creamier than anything I'd ever tried (and all natural ingredients) with chunks of meringue and bitter dark chocolate. It was such a perfect combo of flavors and textures. This flavor alone makes ...
Florence the city of art. Three museums in one day! First we arrived in the heart of city's historic center with our group. We did a brief walking tour of the major landmarks, St. Marks cathedral & baptistery and the area. Our guide gave us some excellent suggestions as to what to do with the rest of day. We went to the cathedral of the Holy Cross, where several important figures are buried. Michelangelo , Galileo , and Dante being just a few. Each ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Livoti Hotel Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82