TripAdvisor Reviews Livoti Hotel Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... one of over 50 significant ones in Rome. To our disappointment we found it completely closed off due to repair works (started in Jan 13 for a scheduled 20 months and now projected to be finished in Oct 2015...so that makes it 34 months of Italian time?) so no tossing pennys in over your shoulder to be sure to return to Rome. The city is also missing out on an estimated daily income of over 3000 euros.
Next stop was the Pantheon, originally a Roman temple ...
... no idea about what we saw without the guide. Even what seems like normal old buildings have important history attached. You would just be wondering what everything was without a tour. After we finish at the colosseum we are starving as all we had for lunch was gelato, two each actually. Grant figures out with the map how to get to Piazza Navona, a well known Italian eating area. The specialty chocolate icrecream balls with gooey chocolate inside. The Piazza ( square) ...
... we went inside the colosseum. There they held legendary battles between man and beast, and sometimes between man and man. There we got to sit where the king sat while he was watching the games. The real name for the Colosseum is the Flavian Amphitheater. It was nicknamed the Colosseum because of the colossal statue of Nero outside.
So now that I remembered to blog tonight....... Here's what we did today. First we went to the Vatican. That was amazing. I just can't even describe how it was because it was so amazing. When I get home I'll post some of the pics. We also went to St. Peter's basilica. That too was amazing. ...
... little cafe, Cafe Bottega....With a cream coloured facade, round metal tables with flower pots on the tables, I sit and enjoy an omellete with vegetables and cappucino freddo (iced coffee)...delicious....
Then it's time to head to Rome Termini and catch my train to Naples....after swapping seats on the train so a newly married American couple could sit together, I read and the hour long journey passes quickly.
Arriving in Naples I see my name on a ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82