Travel Blogs from Rome
... day as there were barriers everywhere and security staff and carabinieri were still floating around. My feet were about to explode by now so we thought we were taking the shortest route to the top of the steps for the Vatican, but we were completely on the wrong track. Found a lovely priest who asked if he could speak in English to us, then directed us to 'just around the corner'. Should have known what that meant by now! Headed out and beyond, bypassed the ...
... dinner she was quizzed about various item on the table at any given time by the family and waitress. For example, breadsticks, glasses, food, etc.
Our lunch was at Ristorante All'Oro. It was supposed to be 6 courses, but ended up being 8. It was 4 and a half hours long. Each course was simply wonderful. We enjoyed spending the quality time on Christmas Day with ...
... In bed by 11. And the day in Rome by Louis: In the meantime, the rest of us were up nice and late after a good sleep in and some fruity cereal (only the very finest Special K of course). Then, we began on our walk to go and see the Pantheon, which is a huge dome roofed church in south-western Rome. It's also where the tomb of Raphael, the great Italian artist (and red ninja turtle) is located. After our long walk over there and ...
So our flight was smooth and we got to hotel as scheduled... We were a little tired yet excited as our cousin from Italy, Riccardo, joined us for a walk down to the strip. We found a little cafe and I ordered my FIRST espresso... Rimy and Daniel had their first cannoli while Stephine had a fruit drink. The atmosphere was very relaxing and after a while we ...
... while accelerating past the offending slower driver. If you go on the incorrect side of the road and do not hit anything then it was a good move. Watching the roman drivers was very interesting, rarely did we see cars with dents. Crowds, in the piazza's, sitting in the cafes. People are everywhere but everything moves easily and we rarely had to que for anything. Fashion, Lisa enjoyed the fashion and the shopping (not the paying part tho). Tips: This is for the blokes ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Livoti Hotel Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82