TripAdvisor Reviews Livoti Hotel Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... details of sculpture in the Vatican but as probably know, it ends in quite possibly the greatest piece of artwork ever painted, the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. It is beyond any imaginable description I can come up with typing this on a train but I have to admit, standing directly in the center of the room looking at the most famous portion of the worlds most famous painting, God's finger touching Adam's finger, I found ...
... stuff in local italian churches. More of real feel of community while the basilicas did not offer in Rome. With the aid of Maryellen's map we traversed the entire village in 40 minutes and a nice place for lunch. Then we headed back to Roma, thru the grape vine laden countryside. Frascati is known for 3 things: their local wine wine, scientific research in the neutron particle accelerator in Italy, and the European space agency. But what Maryellen found ...
... a perfumed smell of coffee upon entering it.
For Coffee lovers like Ricco and myself, the place is an ideal spot for an aromatic coffee and to watch locals, priests, carabinieri and tourists walk on by. And with a renewed sense of energy with a shot of caffeine in our system we stepped out onto the cobbled streets in direction of our next destination.
We sat down at a place called Osteria dell’Alloro on Rione Trevi, where we were enticed ...
... because it is all artwork from the floors to the ceiling and everything in between. The tour was three hours and once it was done, we headed out and it started pouring. I have never been in rain like that. It just poured. It got to the point where it didn't matter if we got wetter because our feet were so wet they could not really get any worse! We had our jackets luckily and I covered my bag which had my camera, iPad and bits in ...
... by on the way but by the time I was back, it had closed up (is 3:30 PM the magic closing time?!). It’s funny when that happens because there is very little signage to even tell that the store was ever there! I’ll be back in that area tomorrow (Sunday) morning to go to the big Porta Portese flea market—it’s supposed to have more than 1000 (yes, that’s one thousand) stands!!
I stopped for a lemone gelato on my back to the apartment—so ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82