Travel Blogs from Barbados
3 hrs, 2 kms From here I take a country road north to what appears to be a mass development, with several streets of identical, mid-sized houses. This is different from how development usually goes here, people buy lots and build houses at their own leisure. Once again, I have to ask the question. How much more can Barbados grow? At least most towns have a nice park. Nearby I find I nice shady one and decide to just chill for a bit a work on my ...
... s not something you even bat an eye at. It's just as perfectly normal as any other marriage... After the airport, the scenery changes a bit. There is some actual farmland... the houses are a bit smaller and simpler and some of the side roads are dirt. I wouldn't say "poor"--just maybe a bit more basic. I reach what I guess I'll define as a town, where there's a nice shady park, and do my Parkbench ...
... the waves climbing across the entire beach, and played a game of "keep the back pack from being washed away".
2) Barbados- We have yet to find a more friendly island than Barbados! Barbados is a coral island (most islands in the Caribbean are volcanic), which has created powdery soft sandy beaches (it reminded us of icing sugar! Ha ha). We took a short tour to a couple of different beaches on the island, were constantly waved at by locals ...
We have now been in Barbados for a couples of days, the birthplace of rum... I should probably fact check that but regardless, it's ridiculously cheap here. Before coming here I expected Barbados to be just another Americanized resort like Hawaii or Bahamas but that image faded immediately when we exited the airport. Although it's one of the most developed islands in the region, it's still very poor, and it actually reminds me a lot of ...
... play on a beach for an hour. Joanne managed to open up the works on her underwater camera while still underwater and totally fried it---somehow blaming me in the process. Well, I gave in and let her buy a new Olympus camera being the nice guy that I ...
Other places to stay in Barbados
Needham's Point, Saint Michael | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Excellent hotel and wonderful staff
- First Class Resort
- Fantastic Hotel
Hastings, Hastings | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Wonderfully ROMANTIC and GREAT Service
- Worst Service Ever Pathetic
- Splendid at the Savannah
PO Box 429, Paynes Bay | 4 star hotelfrom $237
- Not very luxurious...
- Sadly disappointed
- Don't come here if you want good service
Rockley at Accra Beach, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $122
The Garrison Historic Area, Hastings | 2 star hotelfrom $82
Porters, St. James, Porters | 4 star hotelfrom $257
- Nice Hotel
- Our day at the colony club
- Just loved it
Maxwell Main Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Not bad for what you get
- The worst hotel I've ever stayed in
- Recently Returned from Barbados
Rockley Beach 1, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $108
- A Dump
- Beautiful, Friendly and Romantic....
- Would recommend!
Maxwell Coast Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $335
- Amemorable two weeks
- November paradise
- We've found paradise at the seabreeze
2nd Street, Holetown | 3 star hotelfrom $300
- OK hotel in a great position
- Best holiday ever, Have been TWICE
- Incredible staff
\N, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $87
Porters, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $458
- Faultless - 11th September 2004
- The best hotel in Barbados
\N, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- Good accomodations for the price, but........
- The Best Place I ever stayed.
St. James Beach, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $228
- Discovery Bay is A-OK
- Great place to stay
- Great Value
Palm Avenue, Sunset Crest | 3 star hotelfrom $80
Paynes Bay, St. James | Hotelfrom $280
- Friendly nicely presented
- Dinning in a sauna!!!!!!
- Poor mans hotel
Maynards, Saint Peter | 3 star hotelfrom $134
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- Eigentlich nicht so toll
- Understated luxury for those in the know
- Shame about the Cruise Ships
Oldbury, Saint Philip | Hotelfrom $111
St. Lawrence Gap, St Lawrence Gap | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Fantasic views, ideal location
- Had a great time at the Ocean South Gap
- Awesome view!
Holetown, St. James | 5 star hotelfrom $476
- Great place
- The best holiday we have ever had
Mullins Bay, Barbados | 2 star hotelfrom $123
Holetown, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Beautiful setting...
- Fantastic little hotel / "villa" complex
- Perfect for families and couples looking for relaxation!
Sunset Crest, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $290
- Stay at The House . . . Refinance yours!
- Great Concept, Staff, Just Needs a little Polish
- An Upgrade, but needs more attention
Long Bay, Saint Philip | 3 star hotelfrom $69