Travel Blogs from Barbados
... thin (yep, me!) and way, way more... ahem, globally aware than I thought possible. And again, I did meet some great people and had a great time. Suffice to say, I didn't meet them in the queues at the hamburger and fries counter, the all-night buffet or at the casino pokies!
So, first day in Barbados I set out with some preconceived ideas of what the Caribbean had to offer, but was quite disappointed, at least between the beaches. ...
Oh boy... Too much rum punch last night! We spent a quiet day on the beach. Glenn and i went for a walk down the boardwalk, Joan and Dave walked up to the Hilton. We all went up to Carlisle bay to watch the sunset then had dinner at Brown Sugar. Best meal yet! Seafood all around and great desserts. A nice walk home and early to bed tonight. We are going fishing at 7:30 in the ...
... plants and flowers. We stopped at St John's church which was very old and had plaques and memorials dating back to the earliest settlement. It has a lovely position high on a hill top looking over the ocean. The graveyard has the best views and is in a beautiful and peaceful setting. We also went to a rum shop at the top of a hill where there were some nice grounds and views right up the east coast of ...
... off the heat. Downstairs the guy at the pool bar has cranked up a reggae mix tape. It reminds me of my first trip to Bali except I’m drinking Mount Gay instead of Bundy and the view’s better. But the sensation is the same – of being a stranger in a strange land but somehow feeling I belong here, at least for this particular moment. I’ve never figured out why, but some places feel like home even if you’ve never been there before. Barbados is one of those places.
... remember, in order to hail the bus, you must do so by extending your hand -- not just standing at the required bus stop.
Bajan rum shopHow about shopping?
Varita: The main shopping area is in Bridgetown. You can also take advantage of duty-free shopping at the Pelican Village which is ...
Other places to stay in Barbados
Needham's Point, Saint Michael | 5 star hotelfrom $207
- Excellent hotel and wonderful staff
- First Class Resort
- Fantastic Hotel
Hastings, Hastings | 3 star hotelfrom $277
- Wonderfully ROMANTIC and GREAT Service
- Worst Service Ever Pathetic
- Splendid at the Savannah
PO Box 429, Paynes Bay | 4 star hotelfrom $237
- Not very luxurious...
- Sadly disappointed
- Don't come here if you want good service
Rockley at Accra Beach, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $145
The Garrison Historic Area, Hastings | 2 star hotelfrom $104
Porters | 4 star hotelfrom $273
- Nice Hotel
- Our day at the colony club
- Just loved it
Maxwell Main Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $80
- Not bad for what you get
- The worst hotel I've ever stayed in
- Recently Returned from Barbados
Rockley Beach 1, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- A Dump
- Beautiful, Friendly and Romantic....
- Would recommend!
Maxwell Coast Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $337
- Amemorable two weeks
- November paradise
- We've found paradise at the seabreeze
2nd Street, Holetown | 3 star hotelfrom $282
- OK hotel in a great position
- Best holiday ever, Have been TWICE
- Incredible staff
St. Lawrence, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $83
St James Beach, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $464
- Faultless - 11th September 2004
- The best hotel in Barbados
St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $102
- Good accomodations for the price, but........
- The Best Place I ever stayed.
St. James Beach Holetown Barbados, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Discovery Bay is A-OK
- Great place to stay
- Great Value
Palm Avenue , Sunset Crest | 3 star hotelfrom $103
Paynes Bay, St. James | Hotelfrom $280
- Friendly nicely presented
- Dinning in a sauna!!!!!!
- Poor mans hotel
Maynards, Saint Peter | 3 star hotelfrom $137
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Eigentlich nicht so toll
- Understated luxury for those in the know
- Shame about the Cruise Ships
Oldbury, Saint Philip | Hotelfrom $105
St. Lawrence Gap, St Lawrence Gap | 3 star hotelfrom $93
- Fantasic views, ideal location
- Had a great time at the Ocean South Gap
- Awesome view!
Holetown, St. James | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Great place
- The best holiday we have ever had
Mullins Bay, Barbados | 2 star hotelfrom $50
Holetown, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $109
- Beautiful setting...
- Fantastic little hotel / "villa" complex
- Perfect for families and couples looking for relaxation!
Sunset Crest, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $99
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $281
- Stay at The House . . . Refinance yours!
- Great Concept, Staff, Just Needs a little Polish
- An Upgrade, but needs more attention
Long Bay, Saint Philip | 3 star hotelfrom $69