Travel Blogs from Barbados
... UK! We headed towards Oistins before heading inland through some sugar plantations. Sugar used to be the main income of Barbados but it’s shifted to tourism now. We drove through the parish of Christ Church and St. George where we stopped at the Gun Hill Signal Station for a view of the island and lion carved in 1868. We drove past some old plantations and learnt that the rows of palm trees were planted to guide slaves to their plantations. Check out the photo of ...
... night. As luck would have it, Avril another World Voyager from the QM2 walks by and we have a reunion with her. So, Geoff and Barbara, and Malcolm and Jenny, we are able to send regards to her on your behalf. Of course, she does the same to us. After dinner we take in the violinist in the theatre and then spend the gigantic sum of $5.00 at the casino. Despite the occasional win, Don and I manage to lose all our chips in the end. We watch ...
... a fortune!
It was an early start for my trip today, so I headed out as soon as we were custom cleared. It was a Jeep tour and Harrison Cave. I met up with Angela and Brian from our trivia quiz team who were on the same trip. Our driver and guide was ...
I got up early bursting with energy, reserved our beach chairs in our favorite spot , and swam laps in the ocean! After that Not much else all day! I did some reading, a little painting, and got my time in the sun. The waves were really big today. there was a surfer catching them right by our beach and lots more firther down in the usual place. We walked down the boardwalk to catch ...
... 2 minutes down the road from the hotel and bought ½ bottle of Mount Gay rum and some coke. The total came to just under $20 so I gave the lady behind the counter 20US and was walking out when she called me back – the prices were in Bajan dollars so I came away with $20.25 change in local currency. She also explained the difference between the different types of rum they sold – Mount Gay is smooth, Cockspur is hot and the white rum is very hot.
Caught a ...
Other places to stay in Barbados
Needham's Point, Saint Michael | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Excellent hotel and wonderful staff
- First Class Resort
- Fantastic Hotel
Hastings, Hastings | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Wonderfully ROMANTIC and GREAT Service
- Worst Service Ever Pathetic
- Splendid at the Savannah
PO Box 429, Paynes Bay | 4 star hotelfrom $237
- Not very luxurious...
- Sadly disappointed
- Don't come here if you want good service
Rockley at Accra Beach, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $122
The Garrison Historic Area, Hastings | 2 star hotelfrom $82
Porters | 4 star hotelfrom $257
- Nice Hotel
- Our day at the colony club
- Just loved it
Maxwell Main Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Not bad for what you get
- The worst hotel I've ever stayed in
- Recently Returned from Barbados
Rockley Beach 1, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $108
- A Dump
- Beautiful, Friendly and Romantic....
- Would recommend!
Maxwell Coast Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $335
- Amemorable two weeks
- November paradise
- We've found paradise at the seabreeze
2nd Street, Holetown | 3 star hotelfrom $300
- OK hotel in a great position
- Best holiday ever, Have been TWICE
- Incredible staff
St. Lawrence, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $87
St James Beach, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $458
- Faultless - 11th September 2004
- The best hotel in Barbados
St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- Good accomodations for the price, but........
- The Best Place I ever stayed.
St. James Beach Holetown Barbados, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $228
- Discovery Bay is A-OK
- Great place to stay
- Great Value
Palm Avenue , Sunset Crest | 3 star hotelfrom $80
Paynes Bay, St. James | Hotelfrom $280
- Friendly nicely presented
- Dinning in a sauna!!!!!!
- Poor mans hotel
Maynards, Saint Peter | 3 star hotelfrom $134
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- Eigentlich nicht so toll
- Understated luxury for those in the know
- Shame about the Cruise Ships
Oldbury, Saint Philip | Hotelfrom $111
St. Lawrence Gap, St Lawrence Gap | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Fantasic views, ideal location
- Had a great time at the Ocean South Gap
- Awesome view!
Holetown, St. James | 5 star hotelfrom $476
- Great place
- The best holiday we have ever had
Mullins Bay, Barbados | 2 star hotelfrom $123
Holetown, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- Beautiful setting...
- Fantastic little hotel / "villa" complex
- Perfect for families and couples looking for relaxation!
Sunset Crest, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $290
- Stay at The House . . . Refinance yours!
- Great Concept, Staff, Just Needs a little Polish
- An Upgrade, but needs more attention
Long Bay, Saint Philip | 3 star hotelfrom $69