Travel Blogs from Barbados
... and her four kittens were hiding in the bushes so Matt and I had "seconds" of chicken… After lunch we drove along the coast past Speightstown and Holetown – the ritzier part of the island before getting back to Bridgetown. We were the second last drop-off and were absolutely buggered! We tried a local restaurant serving Bashian food called “Sweet Potatoes”. Most local dishes either include fish or chicken and they do a great curry chicken.
... 8217;s admonishments to not chase the turtles, a couple of inexperienced people try to follow the turtles. At one point I feel like I’m in the swim portion of a triathlon. I have people swimming over me or hitting me as they try to figure out how to get comfortable. I finally get out of the water and watch Don and Allen checking out the turtles. Don gets back on board next. He hates cold water as much as I, so he was just as happy to get ...
... lark to be pretty tiring, especially when it's a new island every day. Today is Barbados. Once again the blasted alarm clock woke me from my slumbers, this time at 6.40. We were just approaching Bridgetown as I finished dressing and opened the curtains.
Today was another perfect day in paradise.We started off with a walk down to Rockley Beach . The surf was up and we had a great time playing in the waves. Back home for a bit of lunch then on to some snorkling.I have got a get a book so i know what i'm looking at! ...
... to be just picking people at random and pointing them toward an empty cab.
The ride to Bougainvillea Beach Resort only took about 15 minutes and cost a fixed $17US. I read that it was customary to tip 10% so I gave the guy a 20 and told him to keep the change. I was welcomed with a rum punch which I drank while waiting to check in then grabbed a refill for the walk around to the room. It's hotter here than Miami – high 20's I'd guess - and quite humid. ...
Other places to stay in Barbados
Needham's Point, Saint Michael | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Excellent hotel and wonderful staff
- First Class Resort
- Fantastic Hotel
Hastings, Hastings | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Wonderfully ROMANTIC and GREAT Service
- Worst Service Ever Pathetic
- Splendid at the Savannah
PO Box 429, Paynes Bay | 4 star hotelfrom $237
- Not very luxurious...
- Sadly disappointed
- Don't come here if you want good service
Rockley at Accra Beach, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $122
The Garrison Historic Area, Hastings | 2 star hotelfrom $82
Porters | 4 star hotelfrom $257
- Nice Hotel
- Our day at the colony club
- Just loved it
Maxwell Main Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Not bad for what you get
- The worst hotel I've ever stayed in
- Recently Returned from Barbados
Rockley Beach 1, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $108
- A Dump
- Beautiful, Friendly and Romantic....
- Would recommend!
Maxwell Coast Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $335
- Amemorable two weeks
- November paradise
- We've found paradise at the seabreeze
2nd Street, Holetown | 3 star hotelfrom $300
- OK hotel in a great position
- Best holiday ever, Have been TWICE
- Incredible staff
St. Lawrence, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $87
St James Beach, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $458
- Faultless - 11th September 2004
- The best hotel in Barbados
St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- Good accomodations for the price, but........
- The Best Place I ever stayed.
St. James Beach Holetown Barbados, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $228
- Discovery Bay is A-OK
- Great place to stay
- Great Value
Palm Avenue , Sunset Crest | 3 star hotelfrom $80
Paynes Bay, St. James | Hotelfrom $280
- Friendly nicely presented
- Dinning in a sauna!!!!!!
- Poor mans hotel
Maynards, Saint Peter | 3 star hotelfrom $134
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- Eigentlich nicht so toll
- Understated luxury for those in the know
- Shame about the Cruise Ships
Oldbury, Saint Philip | Hotelfrom $111
St. Lawrence Gap, St Lawrence Gap | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Fantasic views, ideal location
- Had a great time at the Ocean South Gap
- Awesome view!
Holetown, St. James | 5 star hotelfrom $476
- Great place
- The best holiday we have ever had
Mullins Bay, Barbados | 2 star hotelfrom $123
Holetown, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- Beautiful setting...
- Fantastic little hotel / "villa" complex
- Perfect for families and couples looking for relaxation!
Sunset Crest, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $290
- Stay at The House . . . Refinance yours!
- Great Concept, Staff, Just Needs a little Polish
- An Upgrade, but needs more attention
Long Bay, Saint Philip | 3 star hotelfrom $69