Travel Blogs from Barbados
... were like two other cars on the road). I sat next to a really nice local lady who gave me a little guided tour on the way but unfortunately her strong Bajan accent combined with the slurring of an older person I understood absolutely nothing of what she said... But it was all worth it once we got there because the beach and the cliffs were really dramatic. The waves are massive as there is practically nothing but water between the island and Africa so swimming and surfing is only ...
... just pick up items visible on the beach. Professional Mudlarkers with a license can dig 3' down. Any significant find is to be reported to the Museum of London for photographs and evaluation by a curator.
Mudmen is a BBC television show from
across "The Pond".
Ever wonder why Yankee Doodle called it Macaroni? Take a look :)
... br> God, it's a formal night and I don't fancy anything on the menu ... Crispy frogs legs? Poor little buggers! Tastes like chikin... So eat chicken and let poor little Froggie Pistorius alone.
So do I go or do I stay?
... br> Our trip to the Turtles was all it was cracked up to be and I think you will see from the photos we had a wonderful afternoon, with rum punches on the way back.
Our trip is going well and we are getting used to it all now. The weather is wonderful and we have a day at sea followed by a day at Curacao on Saturday.
All our love
Mum and Dad
Grandma and Grandad
Jill and Ivor
X X X X X ...
... told me that to be truly happy in life you had to first understand where you really wanted to be geographically. I’m not sure why he shared this with me, but when I asked he said he’d been here for 20 years. I assume he'd found his geographical sweet spot as he did indeed seem very content.
Our next stop was St John’s Parish Church, a lovely neo-Gothic building overlooking the Atlantic. The current structure was completed in 1836 to replace ...
Other places to stay in Barbados
Needham's Point, Saint Michael | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Excellent hotel and wonderful staff
- First Class Resort
- Fantastic Hotel
Hastings, Hastings | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Wonderfully ROMANTIC and GREAT Service
- Worst Service Ever Pathetic
- Splendid at the Savannah
PO Box 429, Paynes Bay | 4 star hotelfrom $237
- Not very luxurious...
- Sadly disappointed
- Don't come here if you want good service
Rockley at Accra Beach, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $122
The Garrison Historic Area, Hastings | 2 star hotelfrom $82
Porters | 4 star hotelfrom $257
- Nice Hotel
- Our day at the colony club
- Just loved it
Maxwell Main Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Not bad for what you get
- The worst hotel I've ever stayed in
- Recently Returned from Barbados
Rockley Beach 1, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $108
- A Dump
- Beautiful, Friendly and Romantic....
- Would recommend!
Maxwell Coast Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $335
- Amemorable two weeks
- November paradise
- We've found paradise at the seabreeze
2nd Street, Holetown | 3 star hotelfrom $300
- OK hotel in a great position
- Best holiday ever, Have been TWICE
- Incredible staff
St. Lawrence, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $87
St James Beach, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $458
- Faultless - 11th September 2004
- The best hotel in Barbados
St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- Good accomodations for the price, but........
- The Best Place I ever stayed.
St. James Beach Holetown Barbados, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $228
- Discovery Bay is A-OK
- Great place to stay
- Great Value
Palm Avenue , Sunset Crest | 3 star hotelfrom $80
Paynes Bay, St. James | Hotelfrom $280
- Friendly nicely presented
- Dinning in a sauna!!!!!!
- Poor mans hotel
Maynards, Saint Peter | 3 star hotelfrom $134
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- Eigentlich nicht so toll
- Understated luxury for those in the know
- Shame about the Cruise Ships
Oldbury, Saint Philip | Hotelfrom $111
St. Lawrence Gap, St Lawrence Gap | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Fantasic views, ideal location
- Had a great time at the Ocean South Gap
- Awesome view!
Holetown, St. James | 5 star hotelfrom $476
- Great place
- The best holiday we have ever had
Mullins Bay, Barbados | 2 star hotelfrom $123
Holetown, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- Beautiful setting...
- Fantastic little hotel / "villa" complex
- Perfect for families and couples looking for relaxation!
Sunset Crest, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $290
- Stay at The House . . . Refinance yours!
- Great Concept, Staff, Just Needs a little Polish
- An Upgrade, but needs more attention
Long Bay, Saint Philip | 3 star hotelfrom $69