Travel Blogs from Barbados
... I later found out that two of the older ladies had been coming to Barbados for about 4-6 weeks each for 25 years! Matt and I had to have a giggle at a guy who sported a set of matching wrist sweatbands each day to mop his brow.
Later Matt decided he wanted to try paddle boarding and found it to be much harder than he thought. I had a go too and managed to stand up; though looking at the photos I’m a lot more bent over than I realised, ha, ha! In the ...
... the sun as I was. Allen is one of the last to board. Once we’re all on board, Marlo raises the anchor and the boat heads to Paradise Beach---a semi-private beach on the other side of the harbor. Here we enjoy rum punch and sun. We have an hour to sit in the sun or swim in the lovely aqua water. The three of us just enjoy the warmth of the sun, despite being loaded down with sunscreen. We load up on the boat and head back to the dock. The ...
... The problem with being on a large ship such as Eclipse is that not all ports can accommodate you. It would be nice to tie up each time at a pretty harbour with shops and cafes littered around. Instead , like today, you end up docked in the container port which ...
... went to Oisten's for the famous Friday Fish Fry! It's a combination party, fair and feast. Arts and crafts, a gorgeous sunset and the bigget lobster EVER! We walked that off then Joan and I did some more painting. We joined the guys on the balcony for a few ...
After St Thomas we spent a day at sea (that was pretty much spent drinking in the jacuzzi and relaxing on the deck) sailing to Barbados, one of the West Indies.
Again, we got off the ship and decided to play it by ear. But when we were walking out of the cruise terminal, we saw a sign saying Atlantis Submarine - we had to do it! Luckily the tour happened to be leaving in 10 minutes so we quickly made up our minds, paid and got on the tour bus.
Other places to stay in Barbados
Needham's Point, Saint Michael | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Excellent hotel and wonderful staff
- First Class Resort
- Fantastic Hotel
Hastings, Hastings | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Wonderfully ROMANTIC and GREAT Service
- Worst Service Ever Pathetic
- Splendid at the Savannah
PO Box 429, Paynes Bay | 4 star hotelfrom $237
- Not very luxurious...
- Sadly disappointed
- Don't come here if you want good service
Rockley at Accra Beach, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $122
\N, Hastings | 2 star hotelfrom $82
Porters | 4 star hotelfrom $257
- Nice Hotel
- Our day at the colony club
- Just loved it
Maxwell Main Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Not bad for what you get
- The worst hotel I've ever stayed in
- Recently Returned from Barbados
Rockley Beach 1, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $108
- A Dump
- Beautiful, Friendly and Romantic....
- Would recommend!
Maxwell Coast Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $335
- Amemorable two weeks
- November paradise
- We've found paradise at the seabreeze
2nd Street, Holetown | 3 star hotelfrom $300
- OK hotel in a great position
- Best holiday ever, Have been TWICE
- Incredible staff
\N, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $87
St James Beach, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $458
- Faultless - 11th September 2004
- The best hotel in Barbados
\N, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- Good accomodations for the price, but........
- The Best Place I ever stayed.
St. James Beach, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $228
- Discovery Bay is A-OK
- Great place to stay
- Great Value
Palm Avenue, Sunset Crest | 3 star hotelfrom $80
Paynes Bay, St. James | Hotelfrom $280
- Friendly nicely presented
- Dinning in a sauna!!!!!!
- Poor mans hotel
Maynards, Saint Peter | 3 star hotelfrom $134
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- Eigentlich nicht so toll
- Understated luxury for those in the know
- Shame about the Cruise Ships
Oldbury, Saint Philip | Hotelfrom $111
St. Lawrence Gap, St Lawrence Gap | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Fantasic views, ideal location
- Had a great time at the Ocean South Gap
- Awesome view!
Holetown, St. James | 5 star hotelfrom $476
- Great place
- The best holiday we have ever had
Mullins Bay, Barbados | 2 star hotelfrom $123
Holetown, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- Beautiful setting...
- Fantastic little hotel / "villa" complex
- Perfect for families and couples looking for relaxation!
Sunset Crest, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $290
- Stay at The House . . . Refinance yours!
- Great Concept, Staff, Just Needs a little Polish
- An Upgrade, but needs more attention
Long Bay, Saint Philip | 3 star hotelfrom $69