Lealea Apartment Hotel and Condo
Travel Blogs from Honolulu
... We set out just before 10 and arrived just after 1! Despite our sore feet, 12 km in thongs, it was worth the visit. The palace was originally built in 1882. The home of royalty and many influential visitors, including Thomas Edison who personally assisted the king with his electric lighting. Ironically, when the government moved into the palace in 1969, it was left a shambles with many of the original artefacts being lost or stolen. Some have since even been ...
Mostly just trying to get my head around the fact that this is the kind of life I'm going to be living for a while... It's a little daunting to be honest. It's expensive here, and I'm not really sure how much longer my money is going to last me. I think I need to stay in places where I can relax more often. There's the website with the homes that need looking after that I might just have to utilise as much as possible. Then I just need to work out some kind of ...
... that was his real name! - called the gingerbread house, which was owned by Shirley Temple Black. Other notable people who had owned homes in the same area were Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle) and of course Tom Selleck.
We then headed out past the most southern tip of O'ahu, Diamond Head. Then we stopped at the Halona Blowhole, which was packed with Japanese tourists (actually, they are just generally EVERYWHERE!). The surf wasn't in ...
... looking her new "family" on this bus was and encouraged us to turn to the person next to us and say "Heeeyyy good-looking!" Especially awkward when the person I was sitting next to was a middle-aged American man. Everything on that bus was "Everybody say 'Oh Yeah!'", or "Alohaaaa!" Having to cheer and repeat things like this sort of made me feel like I was on a loony bus bound for a mental institution. I fell asleep during that bus ride, I hope Cousin Flow wasn't offended ...
... top. What I could see through the heavy mist was beautiful but the elements quickly drove all of us back to the shelter of the bus.
Finally we stopped at Halona Blowhole, a scenic overlook east of Honolulu. This blowhole is a quirk in the volcanic rock that propels incoming surf to rush through a narrow lava tube and exit up like a whale’s blowhole. On high tide days, the water sometimes shoots 30 feet into the air. Just magnificent! ...
Other places to stay in Honolulu
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $177
- The best place we've ever stayed
- We'll definately return to the Pacific Beach Hotel
- Clean with a great location.
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Great place
- My favourite Hotel in Hawaii
- Gone downhill
Waikiki, Honolulu | 4 star hotelfrom $230
- Nice stay
- Classy value
- Second visit
Waikiki, Honolulu | 4 star hotelfrom $242
- Very pleased
- Great Staff
- Outrigger Reef Nirvana
Waikiki, Honolulu | 4 star hotelfrom $260
- Gets better every time we stay here
- Loved the location
- Great hotel!!
Hickham, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $151
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Beautiful hotel!
- STAY AWAY! There are NO amenities
- Stay away from the Royal Garden Waikiki
Hickham, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $161
- Good Location
- Good airport hotel
- A Hard Bed to Sleep On
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $114
- Reasonable stay for the price
- If you truly have no expectations for your accomodations in Paradise, stay here!
- Superb Hawaii Hotel go stay!
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $113
- Ohana East- Very very convenient
- It was good!
- Great location, noisy room.
Honolulu, Honolulu | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- We had a great stay!!!
- Great hotel
- Good location - wonderful view
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- Amazing Service!
- Séjour formidable, hôtel très agréable
- J'ai adoré le Wyland
South Shore, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Don't believe the bad reviews!
- Awful Service
- Would go back
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $326
- Wonderful experience!
- A very pleasant hotel stay
- Just an okay stay!!
South Shore, Honolulu | 2 star hotelfrom $106
Waikiki, Honolulu | 5 star hotelfrom $566
- A true "Leading Hotel of the World"
- Absolutely the best!
- Not What I Expected
Waikiki, Honolulu | 5 star hotelfrom $370
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $191
- Nice Hotel!!
- Nice rooms, distant views
- Great value
Waikiki, Honolulu | 2 star hotelfrom $129
- Great Stay at the Miramar
- Reasonable and great location
- Loved the Hotel
Waikiki, Honolulu | 2 star hotelfrom $127
- The Island Colony from a resident's perspective
- Good Hotel
- Fantastic hotel!
Waikiki, Honolulu | 4 star hotelfrom $202
- Hawaii Prince Treats You Like Royalty
- Modern, High-Rise Hotel with Very Good Staff
Waikiki, Honolulu | 2 star hotelfrom $103
- Good enough for me!
- Near Beach - Great Location!
- Nice place
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice location and staff
- Good location/small rooms
- Nothing fancy but ok
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $205
- In Waikiki, it's all about location
- Waikiki Beachcomber -- Decent
- If you have to stay in Waikiki the Waikiki Beachcomber is good value.
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $156
- 1 block from the beach!
- Clean, comfy, and close to the beach
- Nice hotel, great price/location
Waikiki, Honolulu | 3 star hotelfrom $126
- Aqua Still Needs Work
- What a difference!
- Great Hotel in the HEART of Waikiki