Le Scuderie Di Roma
TripAdvisor Reviews Le Scuderie Di Roma Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... rather musky and grassy. Seriously they need to invent how to capture smells.
We then made a brief stop at the Trajan market which houses one of the best preserved roman streets and market. It was funny to see how there were actual several stories to this market, like a legit mall of some sort. We also visited the Victorriano which is referred to as the wedding cake of Rome by the Romans. It is referred to it this way by the romans since it was built in 1911 and although ...
... the Forum. We walked through the remains of homes built by
Augustus, Tiberius, and Septimius Severus. Nero's palace would cover six football fields! It was unbelievable that we could walk the road that still had many of the original paving stones and could see ruts left by Roman wagons.
Saturday, Oct 5
Strong thunderstorms and heavy rain greeted us as we stood in line to get into the Vatican Museum. Unlike many others in ...
... here BC. I found myself taking photos of everything but there was just more and more around every corner. Sitting on the open top bus we did get our first touch of sunburn but nothing major, actually the weather is not too bad, mid 20's so I think I can cope with that.
Grabbed lunch at a local cafe with a beer and wine. Still too early to check in so made the decision to see the Trevi Fountain. Not too far, ...
... one of the street sellers to share and walked up and around to the Vatican Museum. Although we hardly lined up for more than ten minutes we realised why once we entered. All the people who were at Basilica Di San Pietro had brought all of the extended family to the museum. It was revolting and as it was stifling hot we not enjoying being crammed in so tightly. I hardly took anything in and only glanced at the ...
... to the point that you could hardly move. It was also 'cruise boat' day so there is a warning - check if boats are due in on the days you want to see major attractions and if at all possible reschedule!!!!! We were whisked along quite quickly once we got going so at the end of the 2.5 hrs we did a split and went back to the beginning to see parts we did not even touch on.
So highlights? For me it was the age of some of the exhibits such as the ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82