Last Waterhole Hotel
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
This is kicks being able to communicate with all the people I want to talk to at once! I was adding some of Adam Brooks' photos to previous entries and read the Bird and Kerouac entry again and thought about one of my favorite little pieces that I've ever written, so I'm going to attach it and send it out right here just for (more) kicks.... Jack …
Today I decided, on the spur of the moment, to go to Amsterdam. Jodi will just have to wait. So I boarded the train to Heidelberg, which connected to the train to Köln, which went right back through Mannheim again. It was a nice enough trip to Köln, where I had 30 mins to look at a very big gothic church right outside the station. Then on to …
... the Red Light District, not window shopping but going to see it for myself. As I’d been told before, there wasn’t really a sense that most of the women in their windows were trying to be sexy; they were just animated mannequins, live advertisements. With neither prostitutes nor the scores of coffeeshops (the ones that sell weed and other giggly goodies) on my agenda, I returned to the hostel, where I planned for the next day and chatted to a Russian bloke who’d ...
It´s been quite a while since I´ve written (for a number of reasons) so I´ll give the highlights:
Monday, 11/11 (Amsterdam):
- I got up early to get out to the airport for a 9:40 flight. After arriving the airport, I realized my flight was at 9:40PM. Up until now, everything has been in military time, so I didn´t pay attention to AM or PM.
... our on the town and a few heading back to the hostel. Becky, Esther, Christine and I headed first to a bar, where the fun started. We got drinks to toast, and Esther hadn't got one so she grabbed the salt shaker. Only thing is when we tipped the drinks back she tipped the salt shaker back!!!!! And the grabbed Becky's cider to get rid of the flavour, but she doesn't drink, like me, so it just made it worse!!! So funny!!! We headed back to the ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $196
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $85
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $134
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $209
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $100
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $239
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $192
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $106
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $96
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $232
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $102
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $237
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $347
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $140
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $143
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant