Last Waterhole Hotel
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... Frank hid from the occupying Nazi's for two years before eventually getting caught.
Later that evening we went on the canal cruise.
The dutch are are very tall people with the average height of a male over 6ft. I have felt very tall in some countries but felt short in Amsterdam.
... persistent moorings. It would be impossible to sail out of the canals and into the sea from the center of Amsterdam. You would have to use a motor or have something tow you but with your mast stepped, you would also have to wait for something like 30 different drawbridges to open so that you could pass through to the sea. During the tour, we motored out into the deep harbor area and it got even more interesting as cruise ships, river boats and an old tall ship ("The Amsterdam") ...
... for bed.
We left the hotel at 9:00. The hotel provided us with breakfast of a croissant and a baguette with either chicken or cheese. The croissant was good, but overall it was way too much bread. We had a lecture from a professor at the University of Amsterdam. Her presentation was our first exposure to politics and policies around prostitution in Amsterdam. She explained the Dutch approach, which is that they know that there will always be ...
... walk home in the rain because we wanted to go to a unique brewery that closed at eight.
John and I walked 3.5 kilometers to get to this bar. Luckily the rain stopped along the way and there was a stiff wind that dried our clothes by the time we reached the bar. The bar is in a windmill. Pretty cliche and cool at the same time. Josh and Yirae were able to join us out here too. The bartender lady gave us a good deal for sampling some of the beers and in total ...
... many gorgeous old houses. Amsterdam commenced in 1275 - and the oldest dwelling is dated 1590. - pic included. We boarded at 3- unpacked and then attended a briefing by tour director, captain and were introduced to the crew. Created a great atmosphere as they were all great fun. Dinner after that - then we walked to The Red Light district. We werent allowed to take pics as many of the ladies of the night have ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant