Last Waterhole Hotel
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... speed train, visited beautiful monasteries, seen mountains, yaks, the Terra Cotta Army, and we have been fortunate to meet so many kind people throughout our travels. We drank butter tea, sweet milk tea, ate yak prepared in many different ways in Tibet, had Peking Duck in Beijing, hotpot in Chengdu and even had Nepalese in Lhasa when we wanted a break from yak (only to order yak curry!). We've felt a cold we didn't know was possible, and were greatful for hotsprings and ...
... I wish I knew what was said on the night of my birthday. I don't know, moments like these just make me feel like I don't really have the fire in my belly to work over winter, I'd need to be saving a decent amount of money to make it worth my time. It'd be nice to be able to go home for a week, just to rest properly and then be able to attack it with all the energy of a healthy person. ******* I want a mocha!
Hyatt Andaz Hotel --- Amsterdam..........
First and foremost, we LOVED our hotel! The Andaz Hyatt in Amsterdam was, by far, the most modern hotel we have ever stayed in. Paul was like a little boy in the toy store playing with all the "gadgets!" It took us a while to figure out how to turn the lights on. The hotel was once the city library and was renovated to ...
... and French, only after saying 'Merci’ did we remember they speak Dutch! After I hyped up the sandwich the other girls had to try it too – Amy was reluctant but we peer pressured convinced her it would be a great thing to write about in her blog so she finally gave in and tried it. Long story short we will stick to our Starbucks as a snack….
After wondering through the Flower Market and through the little shops we finally arrived at the ...
... decided to hang out for the rest of the night (and hopefully get a longer sleep)! I woke up Monday morning and skyped mum and Ash for a while and Bradden slept. After Skype, we got ready and went for another wander around. There are so many little streets to walk down. After a while, we went back to the Cannabis Cup for another seminar that Bradden wanted to see. This one was way better and it was about seed breeding. After that there was another seminar about ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant