Last Waterhole Hotel
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
Boarded the bus for the airport at 6:30 a.m. Flight took off at 10:30 a.m. And landed in Portland at 11:40 PDT It was a great trip -- not a negative comment for the complete trip!!! Now we trying to decide what to do for our 50th anniversary next ...
Gee had to get up at 1am for a 4am flight from Ercan to Istanbul which was a bit of a chore. Anyway managed to mooch through all that with one eye open to eat our scrambled eggs tomatoes and cheese during the flight. Arrived Istanbul and it was crazy man; people everywhere; it was like the whole world was using this hub. Checked into the fab Turkish airways lounge and had more scrambled eggs .Couple of hours later at 8am and we are ...
... that “works” for them. I still remember when I stopped riding my bike, it was after my best friend, Susan, was killed while bike riding when I was 12 years of age. It was during that time that I determined that it was no longer safe to ride my bike.
Even at a young age I knew that I did not want my mother to endure the horrific lost that Susan’s mom experienced, so I ...
... several scenic bridges and picturesque canal houses on our way (via Zeedijk street) to reach the Damrak. When we reached Dam Square, Lucy and Irene stopped at one of the carnival stands for ice cream cones, which they ate while all of us watched the crazy youngsters riding some of the hairiest rides imaginable! Later, at the apartment, Chef Dee prepared chicken stir fry for dinner, which really hit the spot on this chilly night in Amsterdam.
... the city like a true inhabitant. She has guts to get around this city. Between the cars, trams, buses, scooters, pedestrins and other bicycles it really is a challenge. Martha went back to the hotel so I met Claire at The Dam for more shopping and taking in the city at night. Claire and I finished the day by having dinner at our hotel in the beautiful Cafe American. It was a busy, busy day and my feet and legs were so tired.
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant