Last Waterhole Hotel
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... them! I'll have to see if the Belgium ones are better. I did see some of the herring carts, but I don't think I am quite up for eating raw herring so I just walked past.
My last stop of the afternoon was the Flower Market. This is a long stretch of street with stand after stand of tulip bulbs, other types of bulbs, souvenirs and, of course, cannabis starter kits. I enjoyed looking all all the different types of tulips and the different sizes ...
... Also in the past they didn't have house numbers so each house has a different gable which is what they used to tell the buildings apart. We got back on the boat and headed to the city centre and walked through a flower market some stalls had cannabis seeds and starter packs for sale as it is illegal in NZ but not here!! From here we went to Madame Tussaud's wax museum. Inside we saw some life size wax ...
... of Finnish version of jeu de boules, and enjoyed lots of meals with locals.
Go to Scandinavia for wild camping, as it is officially allowed (if you stay only 1 night at one location), and there are lots of great spots to find where you can be alone with nature! I had some, where I enjoyed a morning swim in a Finnish lake all by myself! True heaven. ...
... sampled some of the original delicacy. We did look for Belgium chocolate but didn't get the chance to find one in our short time there.
Our bus ride into Amsterdam was somewhat slow as the traffic had decided to slow our approach so we had to make a service stop and boy howdy are we glad we did. The servo was unlike any we have encountered before, it had a make your own pizza bar, make your own smoothie, make your own stir fry. How can you go wrong? Place was heaven and ...
... a windmill briefly, one of the best preserved windmills in the Netherlands. We also stopped at a farm that specialised in making cheese and wooden shoes! After sampling both products I decided that I could do without both of them. They were really good, I just didn't want to lug a block of cheese around Europe. On the way back into the city we passed through a man made forest and the Vondelpark. On a sunny Sunday the park was full of people having parties, ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant