Last Waterhole Hotel
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
We made it to Amsterdam at around 10:00 a.m. Amsterdam time, and since we had time to kill until our hotel was ready, we checked out the City Center for a while. We ended up back in that area for dinner, and for a late night of wandering the canals and getting to know the ...
... For the family to have to live like that for years only to perish in the end (except Otto Frank the father) is what makes it so moving. I can see why the Anne Frank house is the most visited place in Amsterdam.
Martha and I met up with Claire for lunch, then walked to Vondelpark. It is the "Central Park" of Amsterdam. Built in 1865 with 25 acres is now 120 acres. It is named after the dutch writer and playwright Joost van den Vondel. As you can imagine it is a ...
... After I got ready I went downstairs to ask my neighbor, Nikki, if she would take a picture of me for the blog before I left. She not only agreed to take a pic, but she also offered to take me to the airport. Bonus! By 8 o'clock I was in her cute Fiat getting tips on how to drive in England. Check in was no big deal, as per the usual at Virgin. Unfortunately, they confirmed that they were not able to check my bag through to Amsterdam. Whatever, I was ...
... of the city, has a big fun fair that blocks off the view of the Royal Palace. That said we've been on a canal cruise and checked out the Torture museum. Who would have thought people could come up with so many devices to be cruel to each other. We're looking forward to our Rijksmuseum visit ...
... catching up with us and the sleep deprived nature of the tour had us feeling a little lethargic. But still, nothing was going to ruin Christmas Day. This was the beginning of a very different Christmas Day than we are used to. The first thing to point out was that the weather had completely turned. The day we were to experience would be fine and sunny. Sure the mercury would struggle to make it to double digits and the breeze was a little stiff, ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant