Last Waterhole Hotel
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
Such a fun few days with 2 of my fav ladies. The lovely Miss van Twuiver and the beautiful Amy Holliday aka Onion. It was so crazy seeing one of my oldest besties on the other side of the world. It was like a little slice of home. I loved seeing Onion and only wish she could've stuck around longer. Amsterdam is always a fun crazy time. We stayed in a nice little hotel just outta the city which made life easy as the metro was 20m away. The ...
... meal and our room was very large with a spectacular view over the water with a big balcony. Since we got in so late we pretty much went to bed after dinner and got up early to start our day. We walked about an hour into town so we could look at things along the way and again we bought tickets for the hop on hop off bus to take us all around town and see as much as we could. The traffic is horrendous as there is construction going on around every other corner so it was hard to ...
... last month. Due to our room not being ready when we checked in, we were upgraded to a junior executive suite for the hassle. Despite it being our fault? It was seriously almost the size of our flat. It was a gorgeous afternoon so Joan and Peter took us off to see the sights and canals before our Tour of Anne Franks house at 4. The canals were great, surrounded by thousands of bicycles of all shapes and sizes. ....not joking actually thousands! They even had a ...
A lazy start to the day. Set out about 9:30 am and started walking around Amsterdam old town. Found Anne Franks house within 10 mins. It was a moving experience. 8 people lived in a confined space with blackout curtains permanently in place for several years before being betrayed to the Nazi's. What a fate for an intelligent and articulate young woman. ...
... extremely hard at improving his painting but he wouldn't take lessons, preferring instead to teach himself. He was desperate to develop his own unique style that would give him the fame and with it, money, which he so desperately needed. So poor was Vincent that he frequently painted over existing paintings, sometimes up to four times, because he couldn't afford new canvas. He even turned paintings over and painted on the back. X rays have ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant