Last Waterhole Hotel
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... but got to dance in an alleyway under a tarp to awesome music and got another polaroid picture taken.
-Sydney rode the back of Hanks bike! Fears = conquered
-The day our assignment was to chase people around on bike and ask them where they were headed and where they were coming from. People thought I was a cop I swear.
-Sitting on the staircase next to one of the canals drinking wine and talking with Hank for hours, how many times in your life ...
... for example is a lovely little village with a proper high street which still has a bakers, butchers, cheesemongers, greengrocers, much like Britain used to be before Tesco came to town. Haarlem, the nearest large town is a slightly more modern, but stuck in a 1990s time warp with clothes shops I haven’t seen since I was about ten such as C&A and Etam. Amazing! I don’t think I have ever seen so many clothes stores in one place, a dangerous town ...
... All 3 are navigable by boat. Once, Amsterdam was surrounded by a moat - called a "Singel" - and which now forms the innermost ring in the city and makes the Centrum (City Center) a horseshoe shape. Amsterdam also has about 90 islands, more than 1,200 bridges and is served by a seaport; causing some to liken it to Venice, with which it shares many characteristics. The canal system is the result of careful planning - and was developed in the early 17th century. The canals ...
... style="line-height: 15.8599996566772px;">
Beer, waffles and chocolate doesn’t quite equate to a full meal. The local dish of choice was fresh mussels and Belgium fries.
... on the canal for tonight but sadly it's sold out - dang! It's reportedly very beautiful with the bridges all lit up. We tried to skype for reservations at some recommended restaurants but found them full so decided to walk the neighbourhood and found a really great Italian restaurant with an outdoor patio. It's surprising how many great restaurants are tucked in along the residential streets - very charming and you get to experience it with the ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant