Check rates and availability for this hotel
Find the best prices for Las Rocas from Hotelsclick.com.
Travel Blogs from Isla
... War and the gondola is a recent update. But it is still classed as the oldest transporter bridge in the world. It was interesting to watch cars and pedestrians being moved from one side to the other dangling on the gondola at road level.
A downside of the taxi tour was that we were unable to stop and take photos but it did give a great overview of Getxco. The villas and other edifices dating from the 1920s and ...
... this option today and book a taxi tour for tomorrow to se the bridge. When we reach the funicular although it is self service there is an attendant who puts our 20c into the machine and opens the gates for us!
The town is fairly run down, a lot of graffiti and not many shops. They seem to keep the usual Spanish hours closing from 12.30 till 3.30. We find a lovely coffee though which only ...
One of my first tasks was to apply for residency in Spain. Obtaining my NIE or "knee-yay" as it is pronounced in Spain has been quite a production! We had an entire session in Madrid about the NIE and how to obtain it. The rules of the NIE are as follows
1. You must apply within 30 days of your arrival in Spain
2. You must have an address in Spain, a copy of your passport, visa page and visa stamp
Finalmente, tomamos el auto y nos fuimos a donde estaríamos los próximos tres días, Laredo, una pequeña localidad costera, a unos 40 minutos en carretera desde Bilbao. Nuestro amigo Oscar tiene un departamento a metros de la playa y como ya no era temporada, la tranquilidad se notaba en Laredo, poca gente en las calles, pocos negocios abiertos...perfecto, ya no estábamos para fiestas!.
Ese día lo dedicamos a conversar en el living, comer comida cantabria (que ...
... 1. ALSA buses have free wifi, even the shorter ones!
2. There are two entrances for easier entry and exit.
3. The bathroom is down the middle stairs underneath the seats and you feel like you are about to exit the bus.
4. The buses show a movie or the news and have a radio with multiple stations.
5. The screens show a map of where you are just like an airplane
6. The scenery from Spanish buses are much nicer than I-95. I literally saw an ...