La Torre Sebastiani
Travel Blogs from Rome
OMG that's all I could say sometimes when drive on the roads of Italy. Gasping for air and soaked in sweat, I am always relieved to have made it alive and sometimes , I admit, it can be exhilarating! I've learned a few things about driving Italian-style since I've been here... Watch for Others: Often seen in daily commutes, consider the merge concept and that yield is not really a foreign concept. You will see when you drive on Italian city streets, three cars ...
... No long queues for us, no, in fact I am sure we were lucky not to be stoned by those who were waiting in long queues. First the Vatican Museum. Yes quite amazing (the tapestry's were incredible) and then the Sistine Chapel, yes amazing again and then St Peters, by now I am a bit over done and then St Peters square, everything is just so big and high, TV hadn't quite shown how big it was all going to ...
... her views on what is going in Italy. Even though her outlook was grim it was interesting to hear. She said Italy was a dying a country. It used to be that families would have several kids. Now she said families are having one kid or none. There are several reasons. Living in Rome is totally unaffordable and no one rents so you have children living at home until they are 40. Admittedly it would be tough to start a romance that ...
... here. I am not showing off when I write this but I am finding it hard to believe that I have seen these things for real – they are no longer obscure concepts and pictures that exist in books or movies.
If Wednesday blew me away – Thursday was an explosion. An early start and in the bus by 7.25 and destined for Vatican city, the Sistine Chapel, St Peters Basilica and Square and then the colosseum. The walkway through the ...
... The kids were thrilled to do this.
Trevi fountain was SPECTACULAR
We continued on to see the Spanish steps, nothing amazing but a unique boat fountain at the bottom.
Had lunch in front of Palazzo Venezia then wandered past the Ruins in the Roman Forum.
At last we had arrived at THE COLOSSEUM, everything we expected
The second day we went to Vatican City. And Guess who made a special appearance because the "Stevens" were ...
TripAdvisor Reviews La Torre Sebastiani Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72