La Torre Sebastiani
TripAdvisor Reviews La Torre Sebastiani Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... Peter's square. This walkway has been used by Popes and Cardinals for ages.
Through the Royal Staircase we entered the Basilica. Seeing it on TV at Christmas Eve every year does not do this place justice. It is immense and ornate beyond your imagination. We saw and touched the famous bronze statue of St. Peter, the first Pope, and one of Jesus' 12 apostles. It is tradition to touch St. Peter's feet and legend says you are ...
... area with free wifi. The reception room had a big black board full of suggestions of things to do in Rome and everything was very warm and casual, including the sign on the desk that invited guests to showcase a talent (e.g. Singing, dancing, acting, writing) in order to get a free room for the night, which I regret not attempting. Our rooms were really nice, with under the bed baskets for bags and beds that each had a power point and a reading ...
... back to the ancient ruins and colosseum to have a better look. Spent about 2 hours in the ruins, didn't even see all of them, as we wanted to go into the colosseum had to miss some which I was disappointed about. The colosseum is awesome though. Only wish I could have seen it at its prime. Our tour guide showed us a "secret place" to buy tickets which saved us a lot of time thankfully. After we all headed into the city to find a bar for ...
... day so that was especially enjoyable :)
The other major thing that we really wanted to see was the Vatican and St. Peter's Basilica. Even if someone isn't religious, I cannot stress just how incredible the Vatican was. If you even have the slightest appreciation for art, the Vatican is a must.
At first, I must admit that the Vatican was almost too much art. We were taking a tour and there were incredibly detailed paintings, ...
... mainly, I guess, but also street hawkers selling everything from hats to electronic accessories and cold water, police and sometimes beggars/gypsies. I was expecting to see more homeless beggars on the street but there have been very few. If you don't like crowds then Rome (or Milan or Florence) is not for you.
It is unbelievable how they park their cars in these narrow crowded streets ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82