Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
After three weeks on the road, visiting so many interesting places and being exposed to so many new impressions- hereby my reflections of our incredible holiday, China/Tibet 2014. We have been on buses hoping to reach the right destination, been in a snowstorm, hiked up an ice road, reached up to 5,180 meters, walked the kora several times with the pilgrims, slept at a monastery, slept with 5 layers of clothing, gone more than 3 days without a shower, walked The Great Wall, taken ...
... seedling of a thought, something I'd avoided putting emphasis on, Priya made it fresh in my mind when she sent me a facebook message though. Priya asked if I was going to try and start something with Victoria. I tried to ignore the thought, I know she's busy, she's told me herself, plus she is so excited to be home, she'll be too preoccupied to give me a second thought....but still, I wanted to stay in the London area in case she did want to see me, just on the off chance. ...
... Dessert was delightful. We had a dip of homemade coconut ice cream rolled in toasted coconut. Fresh fruit was beautifully presented on a skewer and consisted of honeydew, pineapple, kiwi, strawberries and grapes. In a shot glass were our toppings for the ice cream. It was a blend of the fruits and whipping cream.
The Red Like District.......Oh My Stars! I was in shock at what 2 Euros could buy in Amsterdam in the red light district.
... as well as a boat ride on the city’s famous canals. It is amazing to think that the majority of the city sits below sea level, and was originally settled 600 years ago when it was primarily marsh and swamp land, and was slowly reclaimed as it grew.
The canals are one of the features that make the city so very special, and the majority of the homes along the canals were built in the 1600s, and still retain their original facades, complete with ...
... you forced yourself or others in, and we spent the afternoon swimming, reading and attempting to keep up with the rate as to which our 'soft' ice cream cones were melting in the heat.
We met up with some more relatives and went out for asian food - the food was superb (I guess its kind of expected when the menu doesn't give you any prices) and we all managed to taste each others' dishes because of the way the food ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant