Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... continued so we went to have lunch at the new library, then got soaked making our way back to the apartment. A lazy rest of the day, including booking the rideshare back to Cologne tomorrow. So nice to relax.
Wednesday saw us lazily ambling through the Amsterdam streets and lanes, soaking up the charming atmosphere of all the canals and bikes and ... tourists :-) :-D . We were ...
... brewery, we had a beer tasting session, and then we ended up at the bar where we got 2 free beers. Other people seemed to notice how we were enjoying our free beers, and gave us their tokens. How could we say no? We had to be back in town by 3 to get our ride back to the hostel, so once we got out of the bar, we rushed through the streets of Amsterdam, shoving down a disgusting kebab lunch on the run. Back at the hostel we had another very fast hour to ...
... arrival at 8 everyone got jaeger shots poured in their mouths. 4 bars, lots of shots and 5 hours later Katie had to go home. 2 more bars, A LOT more drinks and 3 hours after that Lucy and Carey came home. a lot drunk with some funny (and sketty) stories ...
... Dam Square showcased the creepy Grim Reaper (again) and Spiderman. One of our favorite characteristic of Amsterdam is the store owners and their cats. We miss Jersey! Most stores have their domestic cats in store and we can’t resist the chance to pet the kitty! We are such animal people. We walked back through the parks to take a break at the hostel. During the break, we broke out the emergency kit for the first time to bandage my foot. I have serious ...
... up later then thought we'd go for a gentle bike ride. Those who know us well know our navigation skills are not brilliant (I don't need a map!) so 4 hours later - which is a bloomin long time on those little bikes, we finally found our way 'home' and are now sitting in the sun with a cold beer (AT LAST!) Never mind that we didn't find the centre of Amsterdam (we've been before anyway) but we did find a HUMUNGUS ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $196
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $85
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $134
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $209
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $100
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $239
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $192
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $106
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $96
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $232
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $102
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $237
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $347
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $140
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $143
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant