Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... one, just slipped them one and left. We walked down one street and heard a Asian asking a man what he was looking for red light or blue light. Didn't know what blue light meant until we went down a side street and saw blue lights lining a window. Blue light is code for either cross dressed men or transgender or woman who use to be men. Either way they ugly. We bought some beers and went home. Cory smoked instead but I had my Strongbow and called it a ...
... later, even at the moment our legs are so sore. After training we walked back to the room for a shower and head out for dinner. (Total of 7km walking half of which with dead legs haha)
we had an amazing dinner near Dam square at a restaurant called Cao (I think from memory)... We had delicious pork belly and grilled veggies!! Plus to finish I was naughty and ordered a Cornflake sundae....I know that ...
And today we arrived in Amsterdam. We were taken on a tour of the city by coach, then onto a canal cruise. I enjoyed seeing Amsterdam again, as the cruise took us around many twists and turns In the canal system. It's amazing to think these leaning buildings have been there for so many hundred years and haven't fallen down. I suppose they ...
... none of us that it was now to be half in the city and half in the countryside. So needless to say I was already pretty frustrated that I was paying $80 to ride a bike around a city when I could have just rented one for $11. Anyways the city ride part sucked, I'm not about to sugarcoat that. Our guide repeatedly stopped in the worst possible places and getting through stop lights in one group wasn't possible so we were always waiting for ...
... secret annexe she called home for two years. It was such a small place for 8 people, and it must have been so hard to live there unable to move much through the day...I don't know if it was the same when they lived there or if it's worsened over years, but the floors were incredibly creaky! The other thing that got me was hoe dark the rooms were due to the blackouts covering the windows, and that these were on permanently 24/7 whilst they were there. It's one thing ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant