Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... which was similar to Central Park, a green haven in the middle of a bustling city. I really enjoyed this park, it has a little of everything. An area for grilling, an area for hanging out and picnicking, a place for kids to play and swim, even a nature reserve! I really enjoyed that, especially as a landscape architecture student. People were enjoying the park, in the middle of the day it was packed. It also has ...
... was back to Allard's apartment, as the exhaustion started to set in, to drop off my luggage and visit the Stedelijk museum with Rene which had a special Matisse exhibit. (Funny, you travel three hours from france to the netherlands on a train to learn about a French artist.) The nice thing about that exhibit was that it juxtaposed Matisse's works with similar contemporaries, whether Matisse was inspired by impressionism, what he would coin as "fauvism, or his ...
... br> We are outside of the concentric canals of the down town area but they are within easy walking distance. Let me explain that: after the places we've visited already "easy walking distance" has more to do with terrain than distance. Amsterdam is flat! There are no hills! By that criteria alone almost everything here is within easy walking distance. We are close to the museum district but Wednesday looked to be a nice day with a slightly worse outlook ...
Splosh part 1
"Ah Kiwis".... to be fair the Canadian cap had thrown them off and it was early, but you could see the border guards were now back on their game, " you here on business or pleasure", I was tempted to ask " why, what are you offering?" but just replied " yes !".
"Have you anything to declare?". I held my tongue, I was tired!
The day was cool, wet and we were in the Netherlands, Hook of Holland to be precise. The plan was to get a train to ...
... that are smoke houses), cafes (pubs) and sex stores. Prostitution is legal in The Netherlands with most of the girls from Eastern Europe. They are set up like an entrepreneur as they have to go to the chamber of commerce to get a license to practice, pay up to 150 Euros to rent the space per day and pay taxes. The space they are in is red because it's the most flattering colour. I find it fascinating to watch as I have so many questions (Google and tour guides have ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant