Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... the Red Light District so I don't think I will be going there unless I pay to go on one of the evening tours, which I don't think is likely.
On our tour, Jarno mentioned a place that has the best frites in town. So I headed back there when we were finished (the tour was 2 hours) and waited in the line. There were all kinds of sauces listed but I went the local way and got mayo on mine. The fries were piping hot and actually quite good with ...
... and we didn't have enough time to waste. Instead we went to a tulip and cheese museum to learn about the growing or making process. We then we to the delft blue shop and saw some really ugly things for ALOT of money I.e € 3500. The houses in central Amsterdam are all very narrow as in the past they used to get taxed on the size of the buildings facade. Therefore most are 6 metres wide by 40 metres ...
... of Sweden on this trip, but did take lots of time to explore Finland AFTER the wedding.
With no deadline but the cold winter, I took my time to cruise along lots of lakes and through green forestry. Of course I visited the typical Finnish sauna a lot to. Spend a day skiing in a huge indoor center, learned how to play ...
... in the states about two-three months ago. I hadn't heard many of his other songs prior to the few days before the concert when Elizabeth and I were listening to his album around her house. His spiritual, powerful performance with his almost all female band lit up the stage and had the crowd going wild. Every song was perfection, every lyric made sense. The setting was inside an old church and the lights lit up the stained glass windows with bright blues, reds, ...
... the vehicle lane then all again in reverse as you head for the other side. The roads and pavements are not bitumised but usually cobblestones and tram tracks which seem to leap out and swallow the case wheels every opportunity they get. After a catch up with John and Maxine we headed to the Rijksmuseum. It was very interesting with lots of wonderful paintings and pieces of furniture. ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant