Travel Blogs from Vienne
... but the facilities are good and as its all gravel no mud to worry about from the rain!
We took the bus into Lyon for a look around the city with no expectations but it was a nice city and easy to get around.
Now that its dry, we hope it will stay that way as staying / sleeping in the van with the rain pouring down is a pretty miserable place to be!!
In the hope of getting out of the bad weather of Les Deux Alpes, we headed for our next stop near Lac De Paladru, unfortunately we didn't, if anything the weather was worse with almost constant rain for the 2days we stayed, we were still recovering from our bugs so we again spent most of our time in the van..
We took a couple of walks out in between the showers so again not much to report here....
Just a pin in the map!
... or the Achy-Breaky (the Achy Breaky!!) and Jerry was such a good sport joining me for much of it despite bad knees. I'm just tired and today is a perfect day's sail toward Vienne, 20 miles south of Lyon as we pass from Provence to Burgundy.
We all agree we love the day sails. Smooth and peaceful, with perfectly picturesque scenery passing by, it is the ultimate in relaxation. Today the breeze is so lovely, the air cool in ...
... that we made:
- Roast Chicken
- Poached Chicken (Blanquette)
- Croutes de Sel - Crusted Chicken (Chicken is cooked inside a salt crust dough - you don't actually eat the dough though)
- Chicken Ameriquaine -Whole chicken, covered in mustard and breadcrumbs and then roasted in the oven (not quite sure why this is considered American)
- Basquaise - Chicken - Capsicum
- vallee d'auge - apple sliced, onion and mushroom glacÚ,
How has this hotel rated in the past?
More great choices in Vienne
Search for more deals in Vienne
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations