La Palma Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews La Palma Hotel Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
Florence comes to an end. Say goodbye to Massimo, cristiana and Countess Rimbotti. Chris and Tina leave for Pescara and we train it to Napoli - easy 3 hour trip, with a Dubai guy who told us about arriving in Sydney on day of Lindt cafe hold up! Amusing cab ride from Napoli Centrale to Molo Beverello port for the Hydrofoil to Capri! Hotel La Palma …
... and just seeing what I stumbled upon. I highly recommend taking in Rome this way. There was something amazing and beautiful around every corner! I've added some highlight pictures.
Anyway, just wanted to post a couple pictures so you guys can see what I've been up to. I can text through and App called Viber. I'll have access to my email, too.
At Rome we went to the Colosseum, it was used for Roman battling and entertainment. We went on a tour around the Roman city, but the roman city was all damaged and collapsed. When she took us into the. Colosseum we saw what the gladiators eat and do while they are waiting for their battle to start. The floor looked like it was sand but there was actually wood under it supporting it, the shape of the colosseum was round and some of it had fallen ...
... visiting none-the-less. Getting into the Sistene Chapel wasn't quite so simple we found. You need to go through the whole Vatican Museum before you can reach it. This is a two hour tour and that's only if you want to pay for the tour (which you need to do if you don't want to wait in line for 3 hours just to get in the door). This was really exhausted - the most tired I've been in any of our trips around the world. Wills and Meredith were real ...
... to see the golden dome from the inside. Then we went even further up all the way to the top to see a great view of Rome and of Vatican City. The stairs started to slant the further we went up, which was really cool. Even though it was very crowded at the top the view made up for it. When we left the church we walked around and did a little shopping until we finally went home for some well deserved ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82