La Palma Hotel
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews La Palma Hotel Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
Well the trip back to Rome was better than the trip down, Things were looking up when a bigger buss turned up for the transfer back to Pompei, , I wasn't looking forward to the 2500 corners either, but to our surprise and delight we headed inland for the return journey there still was enough twists and turns. Arrived in Pompeii and again once we found our bus it was a lot bigger and cleaner,the only trouble we had is we waited for over an hour for the return of the day ...
... sign. I have the address of the hotel, but not everyone will know every street and which stop is closest. I walked onto the bus to try to ask, the driver had no idea what I was asking – and by the way they are in a Plexiglas cage of sorts to keep crazies like me away. Several people on the bus tried to shout things at me but it was all in Italian, so off the bus I went.
The kind lady at the stop was trying to help and was ...
... mais bon, ils m'ont autorises a entrer dans la cuisine le jour suivant, alors ca doit dire que j'ai reussi mon examen. ;) The very next day we started our class, I didn't know anyone and I was the only person in our group of 10 people that was not from Italy... It was a real challenge! We started our course with this French pastry chef who had a terrible Italian accent and a terrible way of teaching. I was almost scared to go back ...
... I'll have a travel buddy for the entire trip. This year I'm joined by my friend/photographer/foodie Susan Dietz. You can see her blog at http://susandietzblog.com/ or follow her on Instagram at sdietz9. We've been working on planning this trip since last February and after months of planning, discussing, and changes, we finally left Dallas last Wednesday.
We got into Rome Thursday afternoon tired and in much need of ...
... but a ride around the city. Well, I glad that I set my expectations so low. We took it and regretted it. The stops are crowded. The buses are sometimes too packed to get on. The sound quality of the tour information available as we pass the landmarks, one of the selling points of the tours, is poor quality. And if you ever get a roof seat, you'll find it to be a baking tray. Overall, these tours ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
125, Via Vittorio Veneto, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $153
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Sannomiya Station, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $69
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Via Aurelia Km 8,400, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82