La Palma Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews La Palma Hotel Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
Florence comes to an end. Say goodbye to Massimo, cristiana and Countess Rimbotti. Chris and Tina leave for Pescara and we train it to Napoli - easy 3 hour trip, with a Dubai guy who told us about arriving in Sydney on day of Lindt cafe hold up! Amusing cab ride from Napoli Centrale to Molo Beverello port for the Hydrofoil to Capri! Hotel La Palma …
... lead us to the Via Veneto, the street where we were planning on having lunch anyway, ah serendipity. We had lunch at one of the Via Veneto's enclosed sidewalk cafes, which are always overpriced but still seem worth it since it is so much fun to sit there and watch Rome walk by you. (We couldn't eat at our normal spot though. It seems it "mysteriously" burnt down the day after it was closed for having "mob ties" hmmm.)
... paintings from a time I couldn’t actually fathom. I stared at things with wide eyes, head movements jolted from left to right, up and down and all I wanted to do was touch everything.
The Sistine Chapel - my word. After having the tour guide explain the general story behind Michelangelo and his artwork, when entering the chapel, you could almost feel his presence. Such beauty, filled with vivid story telling in his pictures plastered all over the roof.
... Saint Peter in Chains is minor basilica, best known for being the home of Michelangelo's statue of Moses which is part of the tomb of Pope Julius II. We also saw the Reliquary containing the chains that St. Peter was arrested in.
From there we walked to Trajan's Column, a huge column depicting battle scenes constructed in 113 AD. Of course our afternoon would not have been complete without gelato, dark chocolate for Thérèse, ...
... room on first floor facing the inner courtyard.so no traffic noise. Has a seating area with 2 chairs, a desk and a couch. Walked over at 4 pm and had a gelato chocolate and vanilla cup. Its quite warm and humid today. Walked to the coliseum and saw the Forum looks incredible in a big city, Air conditioning on, I'm frozen, Dad's ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82