La Palma Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews La Palma Hotel Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
Florence comes to an end. Say goodbye to Massimo, cristiana and Countess Rimbotti. Chris and Tina leave for Pescara and we train it to Napoli - easy 3 hour trip, with a Dubai guy who told us about arriving in Sydney on day of Lindt cafe hold up! Amusing cab ride from Napoli Centrale to Molo Beverello port for the Hydrofoil to Capri! Hotel La Palma …
... where Jarrod and I picked up some of the most delicious Turkish delight I've ever had), and took the tube to Camden Town (where Amy Winehouse lived and died) to see the markets. It was piiiiissing down. Looked through a few t-shirt stands, and then I just had to get out of the rain so Jarrod and I decided to try the cafe we've been seeing everywhere - Pret A Manger.... I'd love to know how many of these there are in London. ...
... train ride all over the town and around the narrow back streets where cars fear to go and we ended up on top of the city at a beautiful monastry with a superb view of the magnificent harbour. We had a very lovely French meal for lunch and Lauren her her first Pate d Fois Gras (with cocktail!) and we were back to Nice last night.
We were up and out early this morning as we have had a huge drive.
Tonight we are on the Cinque terra.
We drove via ...
... place we had supper the night before. We got the flounder, they brought it out whole before they cooked it then again once it was cooked and served it in front of us. The same area still had some street performers so we watched those on our way home. Sinks are turned on by a foot pedal A lot of toilets aren't gender specific People don't speak as much English as you'd think. Tourists are everywhere, more English speaking tourists than some of the other cities we've ...
... hallway after hallway, room after room it just felt like everyone was rushing past just to see the highlights. It takes a long while to reach the Sistine chapel, if you wanted to really view all the works in the museum you would need at least a day (probably a week if you knew what you are looking at!). Despite the long annoying line once you reach the Sistine chapel you are in awe of Michelangelo's work. In life his paintings seem three dimensional, it ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82