La Palma Hotel
Travel Blogs from Rome
... Prada, wow, they were stylish, but not that stylish!
Our BnB, Corso Grand Suite, is in a great location, very clean and well appointed, and only
a short walk to the metro and only a few stops to most things, or within walking distance.
We achieved visits to St Peter's Square and Basilica,
What a line up there! Then we went to the Sistine Chapel.
Next day we took in the Colosseum, ...
Dario Fo, at 87, is Italy's Nobel prize winning playwright. He is also an artist, scene designer and writer. He was married for many years to Italy's most beloved actress and activist, Franca Rame. Both Dario and Franca were ardent left wingers, Communists. In the 1970's, called here "The days of lead" because of all the bullets and violence, Franca was ...
... and it has big windows and high ceilings and it is bright and airily. We are at the top of a hill and we have a great view looking over the city. I am sure that by Rome standards this would be the equivalent of staying in a Central Park apartment in NYC. We have two large size bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large living room and oh yes, best of all a washing machine. Happily the rain let up as we were leaving the InterContinental ...
... are on a mountain as there is nothing there...just a steep drop and those trees are growing like weeds as in they are soo tall and come up from the sides of the mountain.
One thing that I loved about this place is the very fresh mountain water...there is a pipe coming out of the side of the mountain and the locals fill up their water from it for drinking. It is very safe and the mountain and rock etc filters it and it is ...
... rain began to pour. We found a restaurant for dinner really close by, and made a dash for it home – this was about the time that we realised we’d left our fantastic rainbow umbrella in Florence. Damn.
The next morning we climbed the bell tower just across from St Mark’s Basilica, where we had a great view over the Square, and most of Venice. Thankfully the sun was back out at the point, so we wandered around ...
TripAdvisor Reviews La Palma Hotel Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82