Killarney Avenue Hotel
Travel Blogs from Killarney
- Great sleep from 2AM-9AM
- Excellent breakfast at hotel - make sandwich for later
- Coffee at Cherry Tree w/ Skye - met his boss Dennis(?) just back from Morocco
- Skye warns of the fairies and headaches he gets at Muckross Abbey
- Rent bike for 10e/2hrs from Blane
- Meet …
- 9 hour flight delay due to weather and air traffic in NY
- my flight cancelled altogether, so got last seat on last flight to JFK - tweeting with Delta customer service in air
- missed Shannon connection from JFK
- manage to get last minute seat on JFK - Dublin, and they put a special request in for my …
We left very early this morning...again!! But oh, so worth the early alarm. Just out of Killarney we stopped briefly to see some ogham stones. Ogham is sometimes called the "Celtic Tree Alphabet", based on a high medieval tradition ascribing names of trees to the individual letters.The bulk of Ogham stones are in the south of Ireland, in Counties …
Left Waterford in the wee hours of the morning....well not really, but they do keep us on our toes on this tour. Arrived at Blarney Castle Park around 11. It's a beautiful, green, lush park leading to the castle. Janice explored the park and grounds which were in full bloom while I climbed the narrow spiral stairs of the castle to reach the Blarney …
The morning started with a very funny, very entertaining guided walk through Waterford where we got to step into historic roles that our guide put us in. A lot of fun and very informative! We were up at 6am for a 7am breakfast call, and those of you who link with us on facebook would have seen our photo taken at 7am in pitch black darkness. We don' …
How has this hotel rated in the past?
We really enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and comfortable, the dining room and food was very good. It is located right at the intersection where the jaunty carts are. A ride in one of those is a must!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.