Travel Blogs from Los Angeles
Started off lounging for a bit and getting a few move stuff sorted out. After grabbing breakfast we wandered outside to do one other thing before leaving. After more than a week in 35-39C temperatures, 20C feels a bit cool...
Our first stop of the day was Venice Beach. We wandered around the canals (which I missed when here before), than up the beach. Managed to get a pic of the Venice sign. Stopped by the skate park to watch folks there ...
... the cheese plate and noble one dessert wine to finish. Then it was time to relax and watch a movie or two. There really wasn't that many choices I wanted to see so I opted for American Sniper which was ok. Then my seat was made up as a bed, a nice lambswool cover with a big pillow it was very comfy, then I popped half a sleeping pill to assist me nod off for a few hours. I didn't quite sleep ...
... afternoon, anywho, only a two hour wait after going through security again. We were boarding back on the same plane, but just had to wait while they refuelled and clean the plane, which is why they technically said it was direct, cause we were getting the same plane. We stretched our legs and had a small walk round the airport before we were boarding back on again, in our same seats. We then took off to fly to our second and final stop of Los Angeles. We needed to try ...
... hill back to our hotel (got on the wrong bus that took us to universal studios but we just got on the correct bus there so it was all gooood). Chilled all afternoon (when I say chilled I mean spent hours trying to sort stuff out on the hotel internet-emergency cash, car hire to San Francisco etc). Ate some more chicken baguette for dinner (jack didn’t eat cz he wasn’t feeling well). I got a glass of wine from the bar and drank it in the room. ...
... to LAX, a terrible thing happened. One of my friends lost his passport! So he had to come to the nearest police station to claim and fortunately he got the temporary issuance to go back to Brazil. Although he visited his embassy the day after a Brazilan official offered him a new passport in 30 mins! Apart from all the happenings, we so much enjoyed Universal Studio and Halloween nights. ...
Other places to stay in Los Angeles
Central LA, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $411
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- Great Service - Small Rooms
- Great down town location!
Beverlywood, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $236
- Very good hotel, but poor location
- Could do much worse!
- Beverly Hills Bargain
Central LA, Los Angeles | 5 star hotelfrom $463
- An extravagent gem, the Beverly Hills Four Seasons
- Tips for staying at the Four Seasons
- Annoying Brunch
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $141
- 5 star quality for a deep discount!
- Nice and Easy
- Sheraton LAX
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
- This is a Westin?????
- Not what I was expecting
- Best airport hotel EVER!
Universal City, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Probably Not Worth the $$
- Great location, no complaints
- Great Hotel, great location
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $137
- Great room shame about the Sports Bar
- Convenient with Helpful Staff!
- "top hotel"
Downtown Los Angeles, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- Great Hotel
- Don't stay here
- Great service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Loved the Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens
- Great Hotel - Wonderful Stay- Will Come Back
- Never stay at this hotel again.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Hotel und Service wundervoll
- Ein wundervolles Luxushotel
- Hidden Gem In Los Angeles
Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Terrific value
- Great Stay
- Paper thin walls, good room service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $194
- Terrible place for the high price
- Great Place!
- Corner Rooms have great Downtown Views!
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $165
- Pick your room carefully!
- A Delightful experience
- Nice Hotel
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- Not bad, but not great either.
- Comfy and worth every Penny!
- It was comfy!!!
Central L.A, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- It was OK
- Terrible Hotel
- Just Okay
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Ok for business - not for a vacation
- Gorgeous Hotel
- Movie star glamour at the Biltmore
Westchester, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Nice, Clean, and Comfortable
- Liked the Room, Hated the Intrusions
- Not So Bad
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $110
- Stay next door
- The best pre-flight stop we have had
- Rooms seemed old and need updating
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Okay, but not fantastic
- Worst nights sleep ever
- LAX Hilton OK but beware of the front desk clerks.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- A Nice Place to Stay...on an Expense Account
- Elegant Hotel, good location
- Top of it's class
Warner Center, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $124
San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $183
- This hotel was one of the best parts of our visit to Los Angeles
- Fantastic Find
- A great surprise
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Pretty crappy, even for the low price we paid
- Decent value for a night or two...
- Fine for a night
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Totally AWESOME!
- Never Again
- The MOST comfortable beds ever!