Travel Blogs from Los Angeles
... a hotel was found! Yay! With fake grateful smiles to undeserving Mr Deadbeat, we clambered back into the ute and hit the highways again to another welcoming hotel. It was now after 1am. This time, we didn't even see the guy's face (probably better that way). We spoke through a tiny grill in a window with one-way glass. Yes, a booking agent called. No, she did not make a booking. No, he did not have a room to suit us. Expectations dashed. More calls to ...
... br> Got to the hotel around 9 in the morning so couldn't check in yet so we freshn'd up and went on our double decker tour. LA has a weird smell, Kim tells me it's the smog, rubbish and food places all combined together.
Also got hustled by some slackers on the street, Thor and some wannabe rappers that apparently went to ...
... of the entertainment industry. We managed to find a scenic point from where we had a picture-perfect view of the sign. The point is located on the corner of Canyon Lake Drive and Mullholland Highway.
Then we went back to the city and walked along the Hollywood Boulevard, home to the Hollywod Walk of Fame, which is probably the most well-known attraction of the entire city and the highlight of every touristīs visit to Los Angeles. The Hollywood Walk of Fame, which ...
Another early morning & off to the tackiness that is a Hollywood tour! Started with hundreds of other tourists & a bunch of dodgy locals on various superhero costumes at Grauman's Chinese theatre. Saw lots of stars & handprints - horrified that the stars of Twilight were amongst Steven Spielberg, Mickey Rooney, Michael Jackson & the stars of Star Wars. Visited the Hollywood ...
On my way... Mixed emotions as to how thrilled I am on going on this journey, of what I thought was to pursue my passion for soccer. Taking up this amazing opportunity which I had worked so hard for, I had to keep reminding myself how real it is. I really am traveling half way across the world to run on a new, different, fresh green, stamped grass pitch to play soccer, the game I have played my whole life, just because it makes ...
Other places to stay in Los Angeles
Central LA, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $411
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- Great Service - Small Rooms
- Great down town location!
Beverlywood, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $236
- Very good hotel, but poor location
- Could do much worse!
- Beverly Hills Bargain
Central LA, Los Angeles | 5 star hotelfrom $463
- An extravagent gem, the Beverly Hills Four Seasons
- Tips for staying at the Four Seasons
- Annoying Brunch
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $141
- 5 star quality for a deep discount!
- Nice and Easy
- Sheraton LAX
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
- This is a Westin?????
- Not what I was expecting
- Best airport hotel EVER!
Universal City, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Probably Not Worth the $$
- Great location, no complaints
- Great Hotel, great location
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $137
- Great room shame about the Sports Bar
- Convenient with Helpful Staff!
- "top hotel"
Downtown Los Angeles, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- Great Hotel
- Don't stay here
- Great service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Loved the Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens
- Great Hotel - Wonderful Stay- Will Come Back
- Never stay at this hotel again.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Hotel und Service wundervoll
- Ein wundervolles Luxushotel
- Hidden Gem In Los Angeles
Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Terrific value
- Great Stay
- Paper thin walls, good room service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $194
- Terrible place for the high price
- Great Place!
- Corner Rooms have great Downtown Views!
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $165
- Pick your room carefully!
- A Delightful experience
- Nice Hotel
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- Not bad, but not great either.
- Comfy and worth every Penny!
- It was comfy!!!
Central L.A, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- It was OK
- Terrible Hotel
- Just Okay
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Ok for business - not for a vacation
- Gorgeous Hotel
- Movie star glamour at the Biltmore
Westchester, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Nice, Clean, and Comfortable
- Liked the Room, Hated the Intrusions
- Not So Bad
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $110
- Stay next door
- The best pre-flight stop we have had
- Rooms seemed old and need updating
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Okay, but not fantastic
- Worst nights sleep ever
- LAX Hilton OK but beware of the front desk clerks.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- A Nice Place to Stay...on an Expense Account
- Elegant Hotel, good location
- Top of it's class
Warner Center, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $124
San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $183
- This hotel was one of the best parts of our visit to Los Angeles
- Fantastic Find
- A great surprise
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Pretty crappy, even for the low price we paid
- Decent value for a night or two...
- Fine for a night
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Totally AWESOME!
- Never Again
- The MOST comfortable beds ever!