Travel Blogs from Los Angeles
After a 16 hour flight from Melbourne we arrived in LA. Phew!
The flight was good traveling on Qantas ..no issues except for sound through headphones only one ear thingo working.. Food great for airline food.Managed to get enough sleep.
Arrived in LA and preceded to our hotel which was Holiday Inn in the suburb of Hawthorne..30 Min's from the airport. The climate nearly exactly like Melb. Mid 20C Fresh at night.
First impressions of LA. Very ...
... line-height: normal;">
Plane queuing at LAX is always a thing and being at night it was neat to see the line-up in the sky coming in and our own queue when we were lifting off. Documentation into Australia now includes an 'Ebola Questionnaire' which captures your seating info. I suppose that’s so
... we then jumped in a taxi to transfer to our hotel. We then jumped out again, as our driver said our hotel had a free shuttle. Whether he was trying to save us money, or just couldn't be bothered taking a small fare, we'll never know.
After calling the hotel from the noisy car park phone, we stood around in almost darkness waiting for the shuttle. As it happened, he turned up, collected another passenger and then started to drive off! Ted shouted at him until he stopped, to which ...
... had the rest of the day to go. I would have loved to go to my room and just sleep but… I'M IN L.A.!! So I hopped on a bus and went to Santa Monica pier. L.A. is a very busy place; a mixture of tourists, locals and very strange people. I just wish I could have taken a photo of all of them for you. I had all the Sun I could handle for the day and needed some sleep as I’ve got a date with a mouse ...
We relaxed in the hotel and were refreshed the next day for SF!
Our flight left on time and we made it to SF by 10am. We picked up our car and headed off to the glorious Napa Valley area. Our hotel was in Santa Rosa and we would be indulging in the wine country lifestyle for 3 nights.
I have been to Napa once before, but it was nice to visit with mum this time around. We drove over the Golden Gate Bridge which was beautiful on a clear blue ...
Other places to stay in Los Angeles
Central LA, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $411
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- Great Service - Small Rooms
- Great down town location!
Beverlywood, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $236
- Very good hotel, but poor location
- Could do much worse!
- Beverly Hills Bargain
Central LA, Los Angeles | 5 star hotelfrom $463
- An extravagent gem, the Beverly Hills Four Seasons
- Tips for staying at the Four Seasons
- Annoying Brunch
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $141
- 5 star quality for a deep discount!
- Nice and Easy
- Sheraton LAX
5400 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- This is a Westin?????
- Not what I was expecting
- Best airport hotel EVER!
Universal City, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Probably Not Worth the $$
- Great location, no complaints
- Great Hotel, great location
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $137
- Great room shame about the Sports Bar
- Convenient with Helpful Staff!
- "top hotel"
Downtown Los Angeles, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- Great Hotel
- Don't stay here
- Great service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Loved the Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens
- Great Hotel - Wonderful Stay- Will Come Back
- Never stay at this hotel again.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Hotel und Service wundervoll
- Ein wundervolles Luxushotel
- Hidden Gem In Los Angeles
Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Terrific value
- Great Stay
- Paper thin walls, good room service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $194
- Terrible place for the high price
- Great Place!
- Corner Rooms have great Downtown Views!
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $165
- Pick your room carefully!
- A Delightful experience
- Nice Hotel
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- Not bad, but not great either.
- Comfy and worth every Penny!
- It was comfy!!!
Central L.A, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- It was OK
- Terrible Hotel
- Just Okay
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Ok for business - not for a vacation
- Gorgeous Hotel
- Movie star glamour at the Biltmore
Westchester, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Nice, Clean, and Comfortable
- Liked the Room, Hated the Intrusions
- Not So Bad
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $110
- Stay next door
- The best pre-flight stop we have had
- Rooms seemed old and need updating
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Okay, but not fantastic
- Worst nights sleep ever
- LAX Hilton OK but beware of the front desk clerks.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- A Nice Place to Stay...on an Expense Account
- Elegant Hotel, good location
- Top of it's class
Warner Center, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $124
San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $183
- This hotel was one of the best parts of our visit to Los Angeles
- Fantastic Find
- A great surprise
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Pretty crappy, even for the low price we paid
- Decent value for a night or two...
- Fine for a night
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Totally AWESOME!
- Never Again
- The MOST comfortable beds ever!