Travel Blogs from Los Angeles
... passes. Just had spend a little extra to allow us to jump the long queue at each attraction. As it was angling to be a hot one, we reapplied our sunscreen. Fortunately you could cool off at misting stations which consisted off sprayers and fans. We quickened our pace and headed down to the bottom of the park. We passed more themed shop fronts and joined the crowd along the cobbled stone walk ways past rides, food stalls and other attractions. To get to the bottom of ...
... colourful ingredients. After laying out the ingredients on the fold-out table they got to work. Avocado, peppers and spices were flying left right and centre, they were juggling ingredients, barking chants every so often...who knew making guacamole was such an entertaining show.
The lobby of the Marriott Hotel was a great spot for meeting some very interesting people. A male cheerleading team was one such memorable group.
May 18, ...
... a shuttle to our hotel, and it turned out to be a fantastic option. The guy delivered us to our hotel door (and was sad that we had only $1 US to give him for a tip). The first view of our hotel (or 'inn' as it's actually called) was an inviting swimming pool in the courtyard. The rooms are basic but comfortable - they line the courtyard in two stories. The weather here is amazing! So much sunshine and rows and rows of palm trees. This is ...
... day we hired bikes from Santa Monica beach and rode along to Venice beach. The ride was stunning and the weather was perfect so it was a very enjoyable afternoon. In the evening we headed to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner and drinks which was good we all had pretty nice meals. The following day we were picking up our car and heading to Santa Barbara. The road trip begins!
Will keep you posted on our adventure up the west coast! Kirsty and Tom :-)
... if LA are that it's amazing and everyone is so so so friendly and helpful! However there seem to be ALOT of weirdos who shout random things at you! and despite the glamorous citizens and the sky scrapers you can't ignore the number of homeless people too!
So far my overall impressions of LA are that it's amazing and everyone is so so so friendly and helpful! However there seems to be ALOT of strange people who shout random things at you, continuously light matches ...
Other places to stay in Los Angeles
Central LA, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $411
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- Great Service - Small Rooms
- Great down town location!
Beverlywood, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $236
- Very good hotel, but poor location
- Could do much worse!
- Beverly Hills Bargain
Central LA, Los Angeles | 5 star hotelfrom $463
- An extravagent gem, the Beverly Hills Four Seasons
- Tips for staying at the Four Seasons
- Annoying Brunch
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
6101 W. Century Blvd, Los Angeles | 4 star hotel
- 5 star quality for a deep discount!
- Nice and Easy
- Sheraton LAX
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
- This is a Westin?????
- Not what I was expecting
- Best airport hotel EVER!
Universal City, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Probably Not Worth the $$
- Great location, no complaints
- Great Hotel, great location
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $137
- Great room shame about the Sports Bar
- Convenient with Helpful Staff!
- "top hotel"
404 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $83
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Loved the Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens
- Great Hotel - Wonderful Stay- Will Come Back
- Never stay at this hotel again.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Hotel und Service wundervoll
- Ein wundervolles Luxushotel
- Hidden Gem In Los Angeles
Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Terrific value
- Great Stay
- Paper thin walls, good room service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $194
- Terrible place for the high price
- Great Place!
- Corner Rooms have great Downtown Views!
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $165
- Pick your room carefully!
- A Delightful experience
- Nice Hotel
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- Not bad, but not great either.
- Comfy and worth every Penny!
- It was comfy!!!
3515 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $105
- It was OK
- Terrible Hotel
- Just Okay
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Ok for business - not for a vacation
- Gorgeous Hotel
- Movie star glamour at the Biltmore
Westchester, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Nice, Clean, and Comfortable
- Liked the Room, Hated the Intrusions
- Not So Bad
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $110
- Stay next door
- The best pre-flight stop we have had
- Rooms seemed old and need updating
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Okay, but not fantastic
- Worst nights sleep ever
- LAX Hilton OK but beware of the front desk clerks.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- A Nice Place to Stay...on an Expense Account
- Elegant Hotel, good location
- Top of it's class
Warner Center, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $124
San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $183
- This hotel was one of the best parts of our visit to Los Angeles
- Fantastic Find
- A great surprise
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Pretty crappy, even for the low price we paid
- Decent value for a night or two...
- Fine for a night
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Totally AWESOME!
- Never Again
- The MOST comfortable beds ever!