Travel Blogs from Los Angeles
... before the shuttle left for the airport and our lady driver, who was unbelievably energetic at 5AM, skillfully got us to Virgin America, our airline.
The check-in counter at Virgin America felt like a lounge, with its bright pink and black decorations and the top hits playing above us. The trendy experience continued (including the fluorescent pink lights) when the airplane ...
... Nicholson, Beyonce and many more. Unfortunately all celebrities kept themselves well hidden behind their grand fences and high bushes but it was an exciting trip! Since today was Francesca’s last night in the USA, we had a goodbye dinner at the Cheesecake Factory because nothing sums up the states like a massive piece of red velvet cheesecake covered in whipped cream. On Saturday morning, Francesca left us and went on her way to London, her next stop. Josh, who we had split up with ...
Today was our final day in Fiji. Being Sunday we went in search of a church. After lots of research Nathan found a possibility. We took a taxi and turned up at the venue. They were a welcoming crowd so we felt comfortable to enter. After a great service we went out for lunch with a Sweden couple we had met there. It was slightly random going out for lunch with people we had only just met, yet conversation flowed ...
... and lost. We would get frustrated and argue on which route to take. But for us, that's just part of the adventure. Some people have made comments that it's a lot easier to just join an organized group tour. That may be true but it does not give as much satisfaction as when one worked hard for the goal. It doesn’t allow for freedom and flexibility and room to explore the roads less ...
... br> Anyway, headed down to Santa Monica Pier where we are going to meet fellow travellers, parked up early - a theme of our trip - and walked back a few blocks for an excellent breakfast - Our last US breakfast of eggs n bacon and good coffee, sigh... Walked back and watched as more and more of our fellow Lost Adventurers arrived, I think eventually about 35 of us!
A few photos, swapping of stories, highlights etc, ...
Other places to stay in Los Angeles
Central LA, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $411
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- Great Service - Small Rooms
- Great down town location!
Beverlywood, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $236
- Very good hotel, but poor location
- Could do much worse!
- Beverly Hills Bargain
Central LA, Los Angeles | 5 star hotelfrom $463
- An extravagent gem, the Beverly Hills Four Seasons
- Tips for staying at the Four Seasons
- Annoying Brunch
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $141
- 5 star quality for a deep discount!
- Nice and Easy
- Sheraton LAX
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
- This is a Westin?????
- Not what I was expecting
- Best airport hotel EVER!
Universal City, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Probably Not Worth the $$
- Great location, no complaints
- Great Hotel, great location
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $137
- Great room shame about the Sports Bar
- Convenient with Helpful Staff!
- "top hotel"
Downtown Los Angeles, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- Great Hotel
- Don't stay here
- Great service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Loved the Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens
- Great Hotel - Wonderful Stay- Will Come Back
- Never stay at this hotel again.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Hotel und Service wundervoll
- Ein wundervolles Luxushotel
- Hidden Gem In Los Angeles
Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Terrific value
- Great Stay
- Paper thin walls, good room service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $194
- Terrible place for the high price
- Great Place!
- Corner Rooms have great Downtown Views!
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $165
- Pick your room carefully!
- A Delightful experience
- Nice Hotel
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- Not bad, but not great either.
- Comfy and worth every Penny!
- It was comfy!!!
Central L.A, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- It was OK
- Terrible Hotel
- Just Okay
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Ok for business - not for a vacation
- Gorgeous Hotel
- Movie star glamour at the Biltmore
Westchester, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Nice, Clean, and Comfortable
- Liked the Room, Hated the Intrusions
- Not So Bad
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $110
- Stay next door
- The best pre-flight stop we have had
- Rooms seemed old and need updating
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Okay, but not fantastic
- Worst nights sleep ever
- LAX Hilton OK but beware of the front desk clerks.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- A Nice Place to Stay...on an Expense Account
- Elegant Hotel, good location
- Top of it's class
Warner Center, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $124
San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $183
- This hotel was one of the best parts of our visit to Los Angeles
- Fantastic Find
- A great surprise
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Pretty crappy, even for the low price we paid
- Decent value for a night or two...
- Fine for a night
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Totally AWESOME!
- Never Again
- The MOST comfortable beds ever!