Travel Blogs from Rome
... around the year 2000, is now heavily protected from further decay. Speaking is restricted to a whisper, and a certain number of people are only allowed in at a time. Furthermore, being a sacred place, a dress code was in force, compelling men and women to have covered shoulders and knees. Entering the Chapel, I had yet another awe-inspiring moment. In my Introduction to Art class I took in the spring, I learned an extensive amount about Michelangelo and this work ...
... De Fiori. Both were nice squares full of resturaunts and vendors. I plan on trying the tartufo at one of the places in Navona which apparently makes the best around. I eventually meandered back home and now I’m here in the hotel room, picking where I will be going to dinner in a few hours.
PS- update to come soon. Need to finish tonight and figure out why my phone (with all my pics) is being a brat and wont connect to the ...
... was good value for money and well located. The breakfasts were great.
Our taxi came at just before 10:15 to take us to the station for our trip to Rome. On the way, I asked the driver to stop at the Duomo so I could get some more pictures as it had been raining too heavily to get many a couple of days earlier.
We got to the station in plenty of time and went and sat in Maccas again. Katie had a cheeseburger and fries and I had a bite of her burger and ...
... we go, we found people walking with maps in hand, just like us,
The guided tours and getting lost a few times yesterday actually helped us quite a bit today. We are starting to get a hang of how to get around Rome on foot. May be give us a few days we would be able to get around like the locals!
Well, we are flying home tomorrow morning. Looking forward to be home and see the ...
... the Colosseum and Roman Forum.
Take off into the city and absorb the atmosphere, as Vespas flash past timeworn monuments that are surrounded by fountains, pizzerias, cafés and bars. Before you hit the shops, let your Tour Manager point you in the right direction with some tips on the best buys.
In your free time, live the local lifestyle by indulging in a long lunch on a paved piazza or knock back a shot of espresso at the bar, like the Romans do.
TripAdvisor Reviews Jumbo Hotel Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72