TripAdvisor Reviews Jumbo Hotel Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... one more thing, tax. Yes, now we had to go a Tabbachi, that's a shop that sells tobacco and cigarettes, and purchase two tax stamps, at 16 euro each, then we would have to go to the Prefecture which was somewhere in Rome, (we had to find it) and have the tax stamps authorized and attached to our documents. What ! We had already wasted one whole day of our four days in Rome, another trip like this had the potential to waste another day, ...
... added them to the stock) but horrible for cutting basil (I even looked online to see how to do this but I just didn't have the tools…!). The original recipe had ground beef added but I left that out, which probably makes a big difference too!
1-6 oz. can of tomato paste
6 oz. water
1-24 oz. jar tomato puree
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
... excited about. Also many tourist places selling the usual key rings, bottle openers, statues etc but one thing unique to Italy is Pinocchio. Now this is something we may get one of as a memento to put on our work desks.
It's always the way when you are looking for something you cannot find it and when you are not things just happen. Well today we walked right into Trevi Fountain but when we were actually looking for it the previous days we struggled. I loved the ...
... It's hollow with steps leading to the top, but it isn't open for people to climb. It was hard to believe that it was built 2000 years ago! Robin and I went into the Church of the Most Holy Name of Mary located directly across from the column. It was really beautiful with mosaics within the apses. It was cool and peaceful inside. Then the bells went off and it was awesome. I'm going to miss the church bells in Italy. No matter what city you're in, there are always ...
... and edifices than the previous generation. Each addition serves
to make the monuments even more grandiose and complex.
That being said, standing in the middle of the square, or the basilica, or
beneath the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, you are aware of the creation
of something great. Do yourselves a favor - come over and see it.
04/12/2012 - Today ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82