No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Jumbo Hotel Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... of the tour guides knew we were in the wrong location and instead of trying to sell us tickets to his tour, we told us that we were in the wrong spot and needed to exit the square and follow the wall surrounding Vatican City to the left. We did this and the vendors and tour guides soliciting only got thicker and worse as we went on.
As we rounded the corner we saw the line for entrance to the Vatican museum and ...
... and animal life slaughtered there for entertainment. The boys were very impressed to learn about the gladiators and hunters and the animals that all there during its heyday.
Then over to Palatine Hill and the Forum. We had a guide for it all, which was great, otherwise it would have just been piles of old rocks. Those old Romans rocked! were not very nice people ...
... Unfortunately the main attraction, the hand and head of Constantine, wasn't on show. However Alice got to see the well known 'Witch in the Bathroom'. One of the highlights was the bronze statue of baby Hercules. I guess the Romans sometimes struggled with proportions. I then ate watermelon on the roof and it was fun, fresh and fantabulous. But not as fantabulous as the Calendar I later bought my ...
... two hours and everything should be done.
I had the airport security guard pick me up and take me back to the terminal. On the way back he asked me if I wanted to take a look around the airport. I said, "Sure that would be great." I did not have a whole lot else to do. This security guard (whose name I forget) showed me around everywhere. Biggin Hill airport used to be an old WW2 airfield. They still had bunkers, ...
Hello again everyone,
Sorry its been a little while since my last entry, but man has it gotten busy! Between settling in and find my way around, to starting classes my life is a mess. Classes started on Monday, and I would love to tell you all about them but it'd probably be real boring; and I have a much better entry to write on our trip to Todi and Titignano!
Sunday was another one of the planned trips by Temple, which ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82