TripAdvisor Reviews Jumbo Hotel Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... Brancaleoni. We relaxed into what is obviously the local neighborhood hangout and had a excellent meal to commemorate our last night together on our trip. We have all enjoyed traveling together and it has been very wonderful to do this with Mom. We will visit the Trevi Fountain tomorrow and, although the fountain is under reconstruction, we will try to toss our coins into it so that we can all return to Rome someday.
... of our day was going to be in the downpour, but 20 minutes later as we were walking into the center of the Colosseum, listening to Lorenzo paint the visual picture of what it was like during the Roman Empire, the skies parted and the sun was shining so bright. It was gorgeous.
Lorenzo next walked us across the street, telling us about the different buildings and structures still standing and the different layers of Rome they are still uncovering. ...
... in, we headed towards Palentine Hill. All throughout the city, you see just mounds of stone here and there, a reminder of a thriving society thousands of years ago. Palentine Hill and the Roman Forum are the most preserved areas, but it's still hard to imagine how great the city was so many years ago.
After our stroll throughout the various ruins, we headed to the Campo de'Fiori for some shopping! Along the way, we ...
... br> Another really gorgeous day in Rome. We have been very lucky with the weather. Temperatures averaging 25 each day with only one day where we had a little rain.
Our walk took us to Castel St Angelo and along the Tiber – back at the apartment by 9am.
Breakfasted, showered, finished packing and headed out for the start of our next leg of the trip to Cinque Terre. ...
... was bloated by the tour trying to make it a religious experience instead of a historical lesson. The prison was a hole in the ground that eventually filled with water, killing all of the high ranking captives inside. Nothing was too special to look at so we walked away a tad disappointed. Our next stop was the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. These were the ruins of ancient Rome and were amazing to look at. At Sam's request we got audio-guides which proved, as always, to ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Via di Torre Rossa 94, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $352
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82