TripAdvisor Reviews Jumbo Hotel Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... time i sat at a little cafe and had pizza...yum. On the way back to hotel ran into some gladiators yum also. Only in Roma.
Insite Tour starts with Dinner and wine. Yes Im late wasnt so good on the technology yesterday and set phone to wrong time zone...but i would have been early otherwise. Night time tour of Roma magnifico!
... wanting a nap and a shower before dinner so we jumped on a bus and headed back to the hostel to have a few hours downtime before dinner.
When we were refreshed we headed back out to find somewhere to eat finding a nice little restaurant just around the corner from the hostel. Then we wandered back down to the square, getting a little lost on the way and coming across even more Roman ruins, but eventually finding a nice little bar for some cocktails.
... pass paid off again as we were walked beyond a line that was easily two hours long. This museum is incredible. The outdoor areas are full of exquisite landscaping and views of the Vatican's many buildings. Inside, we followed the crowded lines of people working their way through room after room covered wall to wall with art work. From canvases, to tapestries, to maps and portraits painted ...
... of the shopping precinct and a welcoming place. It was nice to be out of the press of people, performers and peddlers for a short while. I got back to the hotel, after quite a business trying to get a taxi. With so many people in Rome for the day, a shortage of taxis is not surprising. At the briefing I met some of my fellow travelling companions. Without planning to do so I found myself sitting next to a woman from Wonga Park and another couple from Croydon North. There was ...
... sculptures (David - the Bernini one, not the Michelangelo one (it’s in Florence!), the Rape of Persephone, Apollo and Daphne, Pauline Bonaparte, etc.).
After the gallery, we spent quite a while in the park. We walked around the museum grounds, then through the park past the zoo, the Globe Theatre, Raphael’s house, and a few other interesting sites (the park is huge – the 2nd biggest in Rome at 148 acres). Lots of ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82