TripAdvisor Reviews Jumbo Hotel Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... the town of Cassino in the valley below. Tony and I had both been awake in excess of 28 hours, so we left the driving up to Doug, which was a good thing as on our return journey we were both falling asleep in the back of the car like a couple of dribbling geriatrics. Our first impressions of Italian drivers is one of not madness but of complete insanity. Road markings don't appear to be anything more than decoration and lane changes occur fast and frequently leaving little room for ...
... but we followed Ellie through the city to see the other big sites throughout Rome. We walked to the Trevi fountain, unfortunately it was under restoration so we did not see the full fountain but they had a little bit of water at the front so we could still throw our coin in. They also had a walkway built over the fountain that you could go on. So I guess to look at it positively, how many people can say that they walked over the top of the Trevi fountain? We then went ...
... to Rome was closed. It is Sunday.
Got onto a very crowded bus with no ticket, but in reality no ticket inspector was going to attempt a ticket check on a bus where you can't move.
Smooth sailing through the Termini station, used a ticket machine to buy the ticket for the trip to Bracciano and then got the Metro to Ostiense station. Metro was nice and clean and not crowded. I asked a nice policeman for ...
... ice cream, I had a cup with choccoleita, baci and spagaletta ( which I thing was vanilla and strawberry swirls and then this was dipped into hot dark chocolate, oh so rich, Anyway after a wonderful meal again at Tony's tonight I had sea bass with potatoes and salad, oh so full we walked home abfpd R & O have ventured out to get more ice cream don't know where they are putting it I am so very full all I am thinking of is my bed So good ...
... so fast in your 20s. It’s impossible to imagine.
We then headed to the Spanish steps which are nicknamed that way for the Spanish consulate which used to have a very important role back in the day. Now it is one of the most fashionable districts and sometimes fashion shows are held on these steps. There was an injured pigeon which we watched for a very long time make its struggle across the plaza. There was also a ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
125, Via Vittorio Veneto, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $153
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Sannomiya Station, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $69
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Via Aurelia Km 8,400, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82