John Street Suites By Aba
Travel Blogs from New York City
... the street - choosing the shady side as it had become very hot. Of course, a mandatory stop for gelato was made before we moved on to our next adventure. We took 2 cabs to Pier 78 where we met the rest of the Goldberg clan and boarded a catamaran for a sunset cruise around New York Harbor. It was lovely and warm and we all had a ball photographing all of the landmarks - especially the Statue of Liberty. We disembarked around 7.30 and headed for the Highline - ...
... Amazingly enough, I navigated my way there with no trouble. My couch host lives in an apartment (?) building. He has one big room, with 3 or 4 other big rooms on the same level, and they all share a bathroom and kitchen. It's simple but it does the job. My couch host is ok, but we don't really click. To be honest, I actually find him irritating, to the point where even his breathing annoys me. I have been in contact with Pete and gwen and can thankfully go ...
... it's huge yet not as big as I thought it was going to be. . . But it's gorgeous !! We then headed to the Empire State Building and travelled up to the top! It was amazing we were so lucky with the weather! It was sunny and not too windy and we could see the whole of Manhattan, it was incredible! We then headed over to Macy's which was crazy busy as they're having a massive one day sale tomorrow and today is 'preview day'. From Macy's ...
... we decided we needed a slower paced day after the week we'd had so far.
Our last day!
We'd done and seen a hell of a lot of things during the week and visited most of the main attractions the city has to offer, but we were definitely not ready to leave.
What's the perfect way to end this part of our trip? Re-visit the places we loved most. We headed back to Ellen's Diner, for breakfast this time and met a lovely couple who advised us ...
As We headed out we were treated to a clear but cool day. We had planned to walk the high line, but the wind was whipping down the Hudson so we instead opted to walk through Chelsea markets.
We started first though with brunch at the Cookshop. We also explored some of the shops in this area. Around 16th to 20th streets along Ninth avenue. It's amazing how quickly this area changes ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
234 West 48th Street, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $55
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!