TripAdvisor Reviews Igar Hotel London
Travel Blogs from London
... portion could twist up and out of the stage. This helped to create Pride Rock and was a platform for chorus items etc. We really enjoyed it and it was a fantastic way to spend the evening. Our seats were excellent too. We headed back to the hotel afterwards and had a quick cheese and ham toastie before heading up to bed. The next day we took a multi-stop tube ride to pick up our tickets for our second show (which we bought the night before), and continue on to Madame Tussaud's. We ...
While I may have only spent 2 1/2 days in London, it was a wonderful 2 1/2 days.
When people get back from Peace Corps missions or living abroad in remote locations for a long time, you sometimes here about reverse culture shock. It's not that France has been all that different from the US, but as a self-proclaimed professional people watcher (and therefore eavesdropper), it is much more difficult for me to listen in on other people's conversations in a ...
... in the next week...so exciting!
For this weekend, I bought train tickets to Windsor to see the castle on Saturday and I will probably watch some of the London Marathon on Sunday (and gawk over all of those beautiful legs). I have about ten million other things that I would like to do as well but I am obviously going to have to break that down a bit :)
*Photo credits to a couple others from the group since they got way better ones than I did!
... listening in (not in a creepy way). I never realized how much I zone out outside noise and side conversations in Germany. Hearing English for the first time in months, aside from the conversations with people in my program or me speaking with friends/family, felt so comforting. Also being able to understand the public transportation announcements and easily ask strangers on the street for directions (and actually understand them) was very welcoming.
After stopping at ...
... things we'd done since we'd seen each other last, at Oktoberfest! After a beer, we walked up the street to try find something cheap for lunch, and decided on a sandwich shop called Francesco's, which was cheap and had a line out the door (so it must be good!). Amy and I got a panini, and Darren got a chicken pesto pasta, and we added some delicious spicy sauce to make them even better. After lunch we kept wandering to try find another pub with cheap beer, ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience