TripAdvisor Reviews Huntaway Lodge North Island
Travel Blogs from North Island
... carrots and broccoli for tea. It seemed to take hours to make the pancakes and I managed to read a business magazine at the same time. Veges on the dinner plate also felt unusual, but about time we got back to some freshness on the plate.
Our morning walk took us up Mokutahi Hill. It looks daunting but is actually an easy climb to the top with a few steps but mostly gently sloping paths, apart from the last final ascent. The beautiful ...
We drive inland, through the mountains before arriving in Gisborne. We have no great desire to visit Gisborne, not that it's a bad place by any means, but our visit is out of necessity. We need to buy a permit from the district council to allow us to camp on the East Cape.
Permit bought we move on, driving out onto the eastern cape. The further we drive the towns become villages, the villages become hamlets, ...
... famous (in NZ) L&P soft drink (think liquid lemon sherbert). Had the compulsory photo in front of the big bottle and drove on. Drove up the coast and then crossed the peninsula via some huge Kauri trees and on to Tairua.
Next day we went up the coast and braved snorkelling in the water for a whole 10 minutes, the locals in their wetsuits were impressed! Then on to Hot Water Beach where we dug our very own hot water pool, along with about 100 other people. Very ...
... to the main road! What a weird town this is! Even all the local Maori people were staring at us down the streets and two kids jumped out on the van which was really scary. So we headed to an actual campsite as we freaked ourselves out. We got there and it was also like a ghost town. It was only 7pm but it was pitch black and the barrier was already down asif they were closed! We drove n a bit closer and Ashleigh got out and a dog started ...
... need the first time you go. The grocery store (whether Pak 'n Save or Countdown) was always busy.
12. There is such a Maori influence in this area that it would be well worth your time to learn about their culture and belief system. It is truly fascinating and enlightening.
13. There are no truly dangerous creatures in New Zealand except for the white-tail spider and sea snakes (I haven't seen either of these). That is not to say there are no insects ...
Other places to stay in North Island
75 Featherston Street, Wellington | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Helpful staff
- Ottimo albergo
- Großartiges Hotel
128 Albert St, Auckland | 3 star hotelfrom $67
- Sleek, modern, and excellent
- Can't fault it
- Great choice
Cnr Princes St and Waterloo Quadrant, Auckland | 4 star hotelfrom $81
- Excellent 5 day stay
- Loved the Hyatt!
- Nice Hotel for the Price
83 Symonds Street, Auckland | 5 star hotelfrom $146
- Excellent Hotel
71 Mayoral Drive, Auckland | 5 star hotelfrom $110
- Great hotel
- Great location. Excellent service!
- Great Value for money !!!
90 Federal St, Auckland | 5 star hotelfrom $147
- Helpful Staff
- International quality heaven in Auckland
- Visa problems
Corner Victoria & Federal Streets, Auckland | 4 star hotelfrom $118
22 - 26 Albert Street, Auckland | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Great view - terrible service
- Fantastic hotel, excellent service! A true 5* gem!
- **Well appointed & luxurious**
2 Grey St, Wellington | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- OK but some real problems
- Make sure you have a view !!
- Disappointing and soul-less
171 Queen St, Auckland | 4 star hotelfrom $142
- Best Concierge
- Okay for a quick visit.
9 - 17 Byron Ave, Takapuna | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- Awesome Hotel! Highly Recommended!!!
- Terrific choice
2 Ascot Road, Airport Oaks, Mangere | 3 star hotelfrom $105
11 Boulevard Diderot, Boulogne-sur-Mer | 2 star hotelfrom $94
1000 Eruera Street, Rotorua | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Great hotel
- Great deal in best location, right by the lake!
- Enjoyable stay
Corner Eruera & Hinemaru Streets, P.O. Box 1044, Rotorua | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Ok hotel -- don't expect any frills
- Very Average
- Good value for money
10 Tryon Street, Rotorua | 3 star hotelfrom $81
Lake End Tutanekai Street, Rotorua | 4 star hotelfrom $105
- Good Value Stay In Central Rotorua
- The nicest hotel in Rotorua
- Better than expected for a Novotel
153 Featherston Street, Wellington | 3 star hotelfrom $82
8 Customs Street, Auckland | 4 star hotelfrom $92
59 Federal Street, Cnr Kingston Street, Auckland | 3 star hotelfrom $124
- Okay for a night
- Horrible bathroom
- Would not return to this hotel
Corner of Kirkbride & Ascot Roads, Mangere | 3 star hotelfrom $90
7 Alma Street, Hamilton | 4 star hotelfrom $120
170 Wakefield Street, Wellington | 3 star hotelfrom $143
- Club Class not worth the extra money!
- Great location but nothing to write home about
- Good location, otherwise nothing special
21 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Lighter Quay, Auckland | Hotel
- Genau, was man von einem Westin erwarten würde!
- Great Westin foundations..but with opening jitters!
- Ausgefallen, aber schön
196 - 200 Quay Street, Auckland | 3 star hotelfrom $81
147 Quay Street, Auckland | 4 star hotelfrom $248
- Hated it!
- Beatiful and fun
- Super views and location