Hotel du Port
Travel Blogs from Gruissan
Beam reaching quiet peaceful, left the marina a couple of hours ago.
Heading for / towards Spain might stop at port vendres, depends how hungry I get, only got a can of tuna as emergency rations, cant see the Pyrenees its too misty.
Think I can see land ahead, suns just come out, its hard to type boat moving around alot.
- 80+ kmh, glad I'm safely tucked up in the marina
- Mast up, shrouds sort of on forestay slightly connected, be a bugger if it fell down tonight.
- I'm off ashore having my supper.
- Will finish the mast tomorrow ...
- Great harbour
- Very professional
- Helpful and friendly
- The last place took 30 euros for shower and dock keys promised to open up at 8 am but hadnt shown by 20 past, and I wanted to get going before the wind filled in.
- Dieter and Barbara on another boat gave me the cash and will get it back from the capitan when he turns up, thanks guys.
- Jean on the boat next ...
... visited, there was still quite the variety of things to buy. In the afternoon we headed back to the boys’ favourite beach, at Marseillan Plage. It was a nice day and not too hot, as there was a bit of cloud cover. The afternoon was full off jumping into waves, playing paddle ball and sunbathing. We also rented a pedalboat for an hour that had a slide on it. This was quite ...
... laughed as we walked into the sea. COLD AS CHARITY!!! the wind was warm air temp at 30deg plus but the sea gave you an instant headache, I dived in took some photo's laughed and back to our spot amongst the masses. It was not long before we changed, rinsed down and headed into town for midi dejeuner which was just average. We rested and finally headed off into The Head Wind!! 36deg heat as well. A bloody tough ride back with ...
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Swimming pool
- Free parking