Hound Ears Lodge
TripAdvisor Reviews Hound Ears Lodge Blowing Rock
Travel Blogs from Blowing Rock
... time being.Dr. Stuart must eventually choose between his love for his son and his loyalty to England. Ultimately, Stuart joins his now-grown son Jack and his neighbors as they march with the Overmountain Men on the long trek to King’s Mountain. There they fight the ultimate battle in the War for Independence, to keep British Major Patrick Ferguson from keeping his promise to “…march this army over the mountains, hang ...
- Bethel Baptist Church puts on a Bethel Blast every 4th of July. They furnish pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, rolls, bottled water, soda, various desserts and watermelon. Local bands play in the big tent and fireworks at dark thirty. All this is free! ...
- It is amazing that this town has a 4th of July parade every year with the most simple of floats and entries and the whole town turns out and appreciates it as much as a Macy's parade. You can certainly feel the American pride and patriotism in this town.
- After the parade free watermelon and cake (made by the local bakery) are served on the lawn of the Jones ...
... enjoyed a snack, settling instead on a barbecue back at the camp using our new Weber BBQ that hasn't had many uses yet.
We have now visited three States - North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. We continue travelling north through Virginia this week heading eventually to Niagara Falls but not sure when we will get there. It has been a lot cooler since we left Durham with daily temperatures in the mid 70's and we have had reasonable days with quite a bit of drizzly rain in ...
- Met up with Jim and Darlene, who were with us on the Panama Canal cruise my sister and I took last November for lunch. They are staying in Ashville, NC so half way was Spruce Pines. We found a great restaurant for lunch.....Mountain View. It certainly lived up to their name.
- On the way back to Boone, I stopped at Linville Caverns.
- Next adventure was a trip to West Jefferson to go to the Ashe County cheese factory and get some ...
Other places to stay in Blowing Rock
131 Yonahlossee Rd, Blowing Rock | 3 star hotelfrom $85
Highway 321 Bypass, Blowing Rock | 2 star hotelfrom $74
116 Lakeview Terrace, Blowing Rock | Hotelfrom $69
711 Main Street, Blowing Rock | 3 star hotelfrom $92
- Total Pleasure!
- Heed These Reviews -- Not Good for the Price
- Wow!!!!, the meadowbrook
7876 Valley Blvd, Blowing Rock | 3 star hotelfrom $85
185 Chetola Lake Dr., Blowing Rock | Hotelfrom $123
9239 Valley Boulevard, Blowing Rock | 3 star hotelfrom $134
224 Westglow Circle , Blowing Rock | Hotelfrom $325
671 Main Street, Blowing Rock | Hotelfrom $69
8412 Valley Blvd, Blowing Rock | 2 star hotelfrom $73