How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Meeting rooms/conference facilities
- Continental Breakfast
- Free parking
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotelli Milton Jyväskylä
Travel Blogs from Jyväskylä
... bought spa pools and a sauna!
We met some interesting people there. Raimo and Taina were parked next to us and they have been going every year for the past 40 years and had a ticket from each year in a plastic folder. As we were parked in the front row, there was a lot of interest in Tilly and where we had been. A group of Aussies couldn't quite believe it to see a Queensland registered vehicle in Finland and another woman from ...
Jyvaskyla University visit
Timo, Sonja, Aki, Lenna
- Teachers have basic training for primary school in the workshop (about 25 hours) and this qualifies them to teach craft at primary level
- Teachers who are uncomfortable teaching craft may swap with classroom teachers leading to some of the primary teachers to be more specialised
- Copying of plans is a tradition in Finland. It is rare that ...
Today I visited 2 school with Sonja that were years 1-9. This is a new Finnish trend they are moving towards having years 1-9 on the same campus. Most 'master teachers' would then teach all year levels 1-9.
Secondary school visit: Luonetjarven Koulu
Teacher: Jarno Pakaninen
- School is primary and lower secondary (years 1-9)
- Craft is mandatory until year 7
- Students elect in year 8&9 (some students take no ...
... rather they had to complete both textiles and technical. This has not really been carried out. New curriculum for 2016 is pushing for this to change to the 'norm'.
... and some lovely Finnish cakes? It was in fact 1990 that Gwyneth and I first came to Finland to pioneer links between Physical Education at the University of Plymouth with the University of Lapland, later Gwyneth completing a year at the University of Jyvaskyla. We drive on through the rain and are now sitting in glorious sunshine at about 8pm in a lovely campsite - Saynaniemi, near Puhelin, not too far from Tampere. A lovely end to the ...