No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
I had forgotten how big and busy Frankfurt airport was but I managed and boarded the plane for the final leg. I think I slept most of the time. I was rushing to get through the airport as I didn't want to keep everyone waiting and I almost walked right by Karyn! Too funny ... we had both thought we'd see each other right away then do a slo-mo movie run towards each other while Jens was filming the whole thing. Well that didn't happen :-) As I was almost past her I saw Jens ...
... of Gamla Stan. I stumbled upon a bar called Stampen, which claims to be a world famous jazz and rhythm n'blues pub. There was a blues band jammin out so I stayed and listened for a bit. This place has seen the likes of Alice Babbs, Dizzy Gillespie, and more! I continued to wander until I found a suitable place to enjoy an early dinner.
This evening, I've made my way back to the outdoor concert area ...
... Fjäderholmarna is a group of four bucolic islands, two of which are bird reserves that are closed to the public during the summer. That did not prevent us from experiencing birdlife up close. As I tried to approach an old cannon (the Swedish Navy used the largest island as a base until the 1980s), I got attacked by a duck. While Thomas found this amusing and encouraged me to go get attacked by the duck again, Mélanie spotted a nest with eggs that the duck was obviously protecting.
... the curriculum for primary school pupils. Woodwork and textiles are studied to a high standard and pupils demonstrate good skills. The tool cupboards would be the envy of any carpenter!
Dinner in the evening was cooked by my host and it was delicious. There was an amazing sunset in the crisp cool air of the evening.
... Glog to the table he also brought a little bowl of almonds and raisins .. we thought this was a Swedish tradition maybe instead of Olives so sat there and nibbled away on our little snack only to find out later that you are supposed to put them in your drink! Whoops, I thought all the waiters were laughing at us!
After a delicious buffet breakfast at our Hostel we headed off to spend the day sightseeing before catching our train ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147