Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... four hours or so before entering the open Baltic, and we continued to enjoy the scenery from a window table in Giovanni’s, the specialty Italian restaurant.
It was one of those days where everything seemed to click perfectly. The only downside was that, unlike Tallinn and Helsinki, one day isn’t nearly sufficient to take in everything that Stockholm has to offer. I had no idea what a great city it is. We might just have to make a return trip ...
... must do it! The city is really worth its second name of the "Nothern Venice".
My last day I spent in Djurgärden visiting Vasa Museum, Skansen and afterwards just relaxing in the beautiful park.
I will definitely come to Stockholm one ...
... brochure that a sauna was available. We took advantage of it for about an hour. It felt nice to be so warm.
Tomorrow we should wake up to a nice buffet breakfast and then go out exploring. We have another two nights in a row on trains starting tomorrow night. Once again we will try to update when possible but the Swedish trains we are taking do not have the Internet.
Next stop: Overnight train up to a few kilometers (okay a little ...
... celebratory lunch. Lars has invited me to the Grand Hotel Veranda many times and I've always declined, but today it seem a perfect treat for me to take him!
We arrived at 12:30. Lars ordered some wine and they brought some olives and bread to snack on before the Smorgasbord. While we don't eat most items, there were some favorites that Lars allows himself on special days....I make sure he doesn't do it too ...
... a quiet one the night before we were due for a night out in the town so pre-drinking was undertaken via a potent round of punch. Had a pretty fun night out in the city from what I can remember!
Late start next day on account of the previous night but we got motivated by a swim in the lake and got the train into the city to the open-air museum. This was basically a place where lots of traditional Norway ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147