Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... point via the commercial street with all the shops. I found that much less enjoyable, but Sherry and Sandra probably would not agree.
By then it was time to return to the ship so we made our way to the nearest hop on hop off bus stop and enjoyed our "free" hour long narrated tour back to the ship.
Sitting out on the aft deck and enjoying the scenery go by as we departed Stockholm was wonderful. We sailed through the archipelago ...
... trip to the archipelago, as well as our train west from Stockholm have given us a glimpse into a greater Sweden that we would love to return to at some stage in the future and in the meantime we'll throw a little bit of support behind Svenska in the upcoming World Cup (Fergus does have a jersey now, after all!). Tomorrow we head to Denmark, for a five day visit in which birthday celebrations will abound: 4-0 for me in Copenhagen and 6 for Jonas at Legoland, a day later. Looking ...
... after our three nights in a chair.
Contrary to what I said I was going to do once we arrived in Stockholm, we decided to go for a walk in the city center. The city has a bunch of cobblestone streets with orderly little buildings all in a row. The Christmas lights are still up which makes the place seem more charming. We have a lot to see tomorrow in the daylight. It was starting to sprinkle on us and we decided to return to the room. We saw in ...
... for me. As I'm the one always carrying the gear when we are hiking and traveling, I've been longing for a smaller, quality camera. We know of a very good camera shop here in Stockholm and decided to go there for some advice. I ended up with a Canon G16...small enough to carry around my neck without looking like someone working as a paparazzi!
We dashed back to Lotta's to charge the battery and then went out ...
... Another contributing factor was the rush he put on the construction. Didn’t even make it out of the harbour on its maiden voyage. A little more bus tour about and then we were dropped of in town for some free time. We went and grabbed a coffee and decided to head back to camp. Utilised the lakes close by the camp ground to run around and do a fitness session and then a swim in the fresh water afterwards. Because ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147