Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... with stairs going down to a Viking restaurant. It was like a man cave, completely made of dark wood with rustic tables and benches, leather armchairs with horns sticking out, chandeliers made of horn and antlers, and candles everywhere! There were sconces on the walls with open flame. Something like this would never be allowed in the U.S. because it would be a big fire hazard. I felt like I was in the “Snuggly Duckling” from the movie, Tangled. The prices were very steep ...
... a mix up in street numbers for the hotel – I'd said it was 99, but when we had another look, we realised the hotel was actually at 66, which meant that we could have got off at the previous stop. We needed a walk anyway…..
We hadn't told the hotel we were arriving early, we just thought we'd wing it, and hope that they'd be able to store our luggage for the day until we could properly check in later in the afternoon. It ...
Woah, week 9 already! Time has passed so quickly, too quickly, but I've just enjoyed every moment of every day :) Today we reluctantly gave our clothes to the hostel to be washed only because we couldn't find a laundromat within a 10 km radius. The locals looked at us like we were crazy when we asked for directions to a laundromat. "Ha tourists! They want to wash their clothes! Not in my city, you don't." Our efforts for clean clothes backfired, we were promised a waiting time of 1 ...
... so it was good to relax & just wait for the flight. After everything I had only 51 DKK to my name, which worked out perfectly to buy me a coffee & twisted bread thing. The coffee sucked. On the flight I sat with a local from Copenhagen and we chatted up a storm! The flight only took an hour and I much preferred it to another train... Trains get so tedious. We ended up getting the same bus into the city, her name was ...
... of bread. What I really wanted was Danish pastries, but no not the same as back home. They aren't commonly filled with apples and apricots. They are yummy alternatives though.
Copenhagen, Denmark is a Scandinavian city that's got charm, charisma and beauty. This 1,000 year old harbour town retains much of its historic charm with copper spires on the buildings, cobbled streets and pastel colour gabled town houses. It really hasn't had any luck with ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147