Travel Blogs from Stockholm
I got the manager's permission to decorate the cafe for Halloween! She will provide me with a stipend, and I can spend it on decorations and candies and such! Also, there will be a Halloween parade in Stockholm the day after Halloween (?? Who knows), and I will taking guests there as a Halloween tour of a sort. It's called Shockholm (http://shockholm.se/). It's only the second year they are doing it, and it looks kind of scattered ...
... result is magnificent. Nearly 98% of the full-sized Vasa housed in the museum is original! Had the Vasa sailed away, we would never have this 17th century relic available to view, and the fact that it sank in the brackish, cold water of the Baltic sea kept sea worms and other destructive forces from causing the disintegration usually seen with other shipwrecks. We ended our first day with a boat tour ...
We sat high above the city in the tower and ate lunch at the restaurant, amazing views equal to Vue de Monde in Melbourne and prices much much cheaper, lunch for five of us cost approximately $130's Australian.
After a long visit to the Vasa museum, a hot chocolate to warm us up we did some more touring and ended the great day with a visit to Drottningholm Palace where the King Carl Gustav & his wife Sylvia.
... to the leafy green surroundings after the dry, white shores of Costa Blanca. We're so fortunate to have this wonderful contrast in our lives.
On Saturday we had the chance to catch up with one of our Swedish/American friends. Ben Swahn is here visiting his daughter. We originally met Ben two years ago when he and his wife Mary were traveling in Sweden. They live outside of Milwaukee. We struck up a nice friendship while in Gotland. Afterwards ...
... was supposed to work flawlessly everywhere we went) refused to find a network so we had no way of looking up the info online. We had to go back into the airport and ask for directions three different times. They must have thought we were complete morons! It just didn't make sense. Getting from the airport to the city should be easy, right? It turns out our big problem was that we thought we were in a certain metro station but in reality we were on the other side of the ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147