Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... see a single seat in sight! We saw some people going upstairs, so we followed them up and got the last row on the balcony, where we could not see much... but I was happy to be able to sit down, away from the bustle!! The lights dimmed 10 past, and children came from 3 sides and merged in the center aisle to go up to the front of the church. They were wearing the white dresses with a candle each. Lucia herself looked older than ...
... selling coffee and food items so if I don't have time to pack a lunch I can pick up something here. There is even a grocery store (Coop) with a super salad bar so I never have to starve!
Once I make my way out of the station I walk through the Arlanda Express ticket office. This is an especially good choice on a rainy morning...more time inside. Today it was ...
Travel Times 43 - 30 July 2014
Traveling to Stockholm
On the advice of my very good friend and native Swede, Erik Palm, we booked a cabin on the Silja Serenade. The ship is essentially an overnight vehicle ferryboat from Helsinki to Stockholm. But at 666 feet, with a capacity of 2852 passengers on thirteen decks, it has all the amenities of any cruise ship. The exception are two ...
... checked the open times of Skansen, a huge open air museum, for the next day. We went into the ABBA museum an hour before closing to find out it wasn't included on our Stockholm tourist card. We were also told you needed about 1 1/2 hrs to go through it so we put it on the list for the next Dayana headed back into the city. We wandered around for a while before coming across a cinema. So we grabbed some Hot Snacks (spicy crips) a drink and saw Divergent. A nice finish to our ...
... second go around, and as they say, it is just like riding a bike, so I had a much more enjoyable time and I think the scenery this time was even better. Absolutely stunning, and as the weather was behaving, it made it even better. I'm so glad we came here because it's not a place I had heard of before and it really is a hidden gem - an absolute must in my opinion. At the halfway point of our bike ride we had arvo tea at this really quaint little shops, and had a taste of one of ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147