Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... you had to peel back the brilliant black-out curtains to see it. We took our time getting ready, enjoying the room - and cups of tea (no English breakfast though!) And so we make our way out to explore what Stockholm has to offer us. We don’t have a concrete plan, just a roam around on the first day and see where the streets take us – first stop was up Stallgatan towards the Old Town and the Royal Palace. We walked the beautifully cobbled streets paving the Old Town ...
... making waffler cones. They sit at a machine with eight or more griddles mounted on a large circle that spun like a lazy-susan at the command of the operators foot pump, giving her access to the griddles one after another. She would pull off a cone first and then fill the griddle with more batter before moving onto the next.
Our last official stop on our tour of Stockholm would be the Vasa Museum. Another trip on the bus and walk from the stop and we were ...
Today's plan is to muck around taking advantage of the luxurious hotel before heading to the Old Town to watch the women’s ITU triathlon which is in town. Unfortunately we will miss the men’s featuring the Brownlee boys tomorrow as it is at the same time we have to leave for the airport. I enjoy watching triathlons with their carnival atmosphere & usually scenic location, but this triathlon like most ...
... included breakfast which was a full buffet I had to try the Swedish pancakes of course with lingon berry jam. The coffee and the service was great. We had a table right on a window overlooking the harbor watching the day commence. Our guide for the day was the best so far Brita, but so as not to confuse us in the beginning she had us call her Anna, go figure? She first mapped out what we were scheduled to see and the timing. Then we did ...
... world's news channels. It pains me to relate that I haven't bothered to take our wee (terrestrial) telly out of the cupboard the entire holiday. (Too busy blogging?) But for some happy campers, mostly German it appears, lack of telly from back home would just spoil the holiday. Before lunch we went to forage for food on foot. The Satnav suggested there were many shops a few hundred metres away, but when we got there, apart from a few takeaways, no supermarkets ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147