Travel Blogs from Copenhagen
Today we set off to walk some areas of Copenhagen that we hadn't covered already. We went to Frederiksberg Park which was a really nice park with a skating rink just outside. There were heaps of people skating around on it. The little kids who weren't very confident had the equivalent of trainer wheels as they hung onto plastic penguins with handles, looked very funny. Walked around the park and admired a lake with ducks, saw a red squirrel in a tree. All the ...
... We had dinner and dessert together which was sooo delicious! Tom said the second that we walked into the apartment, it smelt like my home. We face-timed all of our families too..made sure that Thanksgiving is saved for family!
We woke up Saturday morning to make sure that Mom and Stephen got on the correct metro to the airport. It was definitely sad to say goodbye, but gave us more of a push to be ready to come home and see more ...
... ruins. Aside from some bricks there was really nothing to see. It doesn't compare with the catacombs in Budapest or other Palace ruins. There were however displays of the history of the Palace and earlier Palace fires which led to building expansions.
... the starboard side with shore on our side for most of the cruise. For over two hours we have seen continuous large banks of wind generators at sea, obviously a good position because we have a strong SW wind of 20kn. Our last dinner....the diet now starts. We enjoyed a farewell cocktail just inside our balcony watching the lights of the various island communities of Denmark, passing under the large bridge ...
... to pronounce the Danish words, they don't sound the way they look, so I just point to the destination's words. The people all speak English and are so very helpful. We saw The Little Mermaid and it is very little.
Next, we stopped at Bertlle's Salon- no not to get a haircut..but to have a slice of their famous cheesecake, it is a cafe, we chose Chocolate orange, each day they showcase 25 different varieties. So ...
Other places to stay in Copenhagen
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $223
- Great location but some improvements required
- Couldn't ask for better
Mejlgårdens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $174
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
Fisketorvets, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Terrible service at the Copenhagen Island Hotel
- Best shower, worst service
- Could do a lot better!
Christianshavn, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Overpriced middle class hotel
- Great breakfast, flash gym equipment but smallish rooms and very expensive
- Do not under any circumstance stay here
Abel Cathrines, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $171
- Great Location
- Need look no further a Gem of a Hotel
- Excellent Hotel, Excellent Service
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $117
- Great they have got it right
- Too uncomfortable for me
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $193
- Very good hotel in a convenient central location
- Not even up to Scandic Standards
- Not worth it.
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Fantastic - highly recommended
- Great staff, fab for foodies!
- City Break
Indre By, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $272
- Lovely hotel
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $300
- Excellent Stay
- Great Hotel
- Great Hotel - Not just a guest factory
Reventlows, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- A stroll from the central train station
- For train travellers
- Ein sch÷ner Ort zum ▄bernachten
Indre By, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $217
- Worst Hotel in Europe
- Una pÚsima experiencia
- Sleep on a park bench, instead of staying here!!!
Sydhavnens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $144
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $114
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Modern Hotel in a Good Location
- Stylish Scandinavian
- Hip to be Square!
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $169
Kalvebodernes, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- Excellent Hotel!!
- Excellent Location
- Perfect for a short break in copenhagen
Backers, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $157
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $104
- Pleasant hotel - very central
- Business Class Wannabe
- Very, Good and Central
Gammelholms, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Nice quiet hotel on the perfect spot
- Avoid this one!
Indre By, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $125
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Lovely Hotel
- Great Location if you want to be able to walk to everything
- Generally positive experience!
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Insgesamt ein gro▀artiges Erlebnis
- Overall great experience
- Not convinced