Travel Blogs from Athens
... saw this we stopped to watch the changing of the Greek guards at the monument of the unknown solider, which is situated in front of the Parliement house. We then returned to our hotel to prepare to eat dinner at Dr. Camp's loft. We had pizza at his loft and then cake to celebrate Dr. Ryder's birthday. Before we left, all of the concert choir students gathered and sang "The Lord Bless You and Keep You" for Dr. Camp to thank him for his hospitality. ...
... a did in Florence for the month I lived there because I couldn't figure out how to make the elevator work.
- They're smaller. Sometimes, they can only fit one person and one suitcase at a time.
- Most have a double set of doors that do not open automatically. This can make it difficult to wrestle your suitcase in and out.
- If one door is open, on any floor, even a crack, the elevator may not ...
... s. While the problem hasn't gone away, and will never go away, I'm working on it. Having the support of my study abroad group has never proved more necessary. They support my decisions because they want me to be happy above all, which is a wonderful feeling. Even though the situation sucks, there are bonds formed because of it.
Getting away to my pre-booked treat to myself that weekend came at perfect timing! I needed ...
... after breakfast we took the shuttle bus to the Terminal building where we then took the coach into Athens, which took about 25 minutes, mainly because of the heavy traffic. We were dropped off at the Andrian Gate and made our way to the entrance to the Acropolis, which was only a short distance, no more than five minutes. The entrance fee was 12 Euros each. We made our way up the steep path, along with quite ...
Well! Will and I have, after 6 weeks of cycling, completed our adventure.
Here are some stats:
45 days on the road
2,100 miles cycled
12 countries passed
Around 250 litres of water drunk each (a quarter of a ton)
We had a cool down period over the past few days, making our way along the coast of Greece between Thiva and Khalkis, finally settling in a town called Rafina, about 17 miles outside Athens.
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Vergina Athens
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $118
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $130
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $123
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $74
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $76
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $323
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $115
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $67
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $119
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $118
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $80
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $91
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $111
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $160
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $48
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $48
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $102
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $154
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $49
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $95
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price