Travel Blogs from Athens
... very churned up and not as gorgeous today.
For dinner our program took us to a pasta restaurant in town. I order linguine with shrimp- finally, my first taste of seafood in Greece! It was delicious
For dessert, one of our professors graciously bought small sweet pastries for everyone in the program and we had a meeting closing our FIRST WEEK!
... a traditional service. Lost, found and lost again in the Plaka and beyond, we eventually worked our way home and by 11:30 and several kilometres later, we called it quits. I was very tired, to say the least.
It was a beautiful sunny Sunday and we decided to followed much of the Athens walking tour set out in our Rick Steves guide book. We started at the Presidential Palace with the almost changing of the guard which was not held because it was Easter. We ...
... were awesome! Tender meat, soft bread and just a taste to die for!! Time for retail therapy was the call from the girls, we meandered our way through the streets walking towards home. I made the first purchases a pair of shoes, "great score". We walked through a little market, which had an enclitic assortment of stuff, we made a great little purchase here, something for the house. Time to head home and put our feet up for a while before dinner. Dinner was a ...
Today is my last day in Athen, before I head to Italy early tomorrow. I had breaky and pack my bag. Leaving it at the hotel for the day as I'm stay at Annie's tonight, as she is not there, and is kindly letting me use her bed. I just spend the day strolling around see what I can in the time I have. Getting the ...
... of the agora. We start talking, as travelers do, she's a solo traveler as well. So we sat and had dinner and drinks together. It was good to have some company. She had quite a sad story to tell, having lost her daughter earlier this year, but she was amazingly strong. My heart really went out to her.
One thing about Athens which has surprised me is how musical the city is. Every street I walk down in Plaka has a busker, or ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price