Travel Blogs from Athens
We have just finished a week of sailing around the Greek Islands, and it was one of the best weeks of my life! Our boat group was quite varied but good fun and I met some awesome people :) Had my phone turned off most of the time so didn't really keep a diary so this will be a short one !! There were ten of us plus the skipper on the boat, and our trip was one where we learn to sail the boat and help the skipper out. Sailing is awesome! I've ...
... to bumper...so much quicker to walk. Great meal on sidewalk cafe. Back to our room with a nice red and Greek dessert to pack ready for our 5am up ...we r off on a 4.5 hour ferry To Paros. Cosmopolit was in heart of Athens (next door to porno movie theatre! The staff were so helpful and breaky ...
We checked on what's open on a Easter Sunday in Athens and it seems that most shops are closed. All archaeological sites are closed but we have already visited most of them yesterday. We wanted to go for a walk so we head to Monastritiki, following the metro track this time. Along the way, we saw locals with their vans, unloading BBQ facilities to make BBQ lamb in the park, many others lying in the grass and relaxing. Before reaching Monastiraki, ...
... with stuff for us. At least we know she’s got room for souvenirs!
We spent our time in Athens visiting historical sites, at a wonderful market, and being amazed at the shear amount of graffiti.
Our first stop was the Archeological Museum. It was full of clay pots, and broken statues. Next we went to the Acropolis. It was under construction. Who knew buildings took 2500 years to build. We were told the new ...
... one dumb statue, you’ve seen them all.”
I dragged Jason to The Plaka shopping district after we left the museum. Shopping in Athens ranges from high end stores that you would find in NYC to trinket-like junk you could get anywhere. We didn’t end up buying anything because the store owners zapped our energy. If I hear, “Lady, excuse me lady, I have nice handbag for you…special price” one ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price