Travel Blogs from Athens
... we’ve seen it on the menu anywhere!! Hooray! They were all little starter meals but we filled up FAST. Every restaurant over here brings out a basket of bread with olive oil and vinegar while you wait for your meal and I fall for it every time…
We still had a fun day even though we didn’t do much. Tomorrow, we’re going to see the Acropolis in the centre of Athens
Ruby & Denice
... wait to share some photos. We have so many land marks around us- I didn't take the camera this time but will be loading up heaps of photos tomorrow as we'll jump on the hop on hop off bus as we only have tomorrow to explorer around ourselves as the following day we start another 2 day ...
... of delightful courtyards and shady terraces. I spent a lot of time taking photos of these areas and am looking forward to painting some of them.
After the full on exploration of the village, we hung out at one of the cafes on the water front simply watching life go by and I got a bonus………there were some excellent dinghies moored in the tiny harbour, blue and orange ones. Complete with reflections and ...
... could be reconstructed with absolute certainty, they decided it was a winner. Pieces of the original building were of course used, and the reconstruction is very accurate, according to Dr. Camp, except one detail: the lions embellishing the top of the building are missing their "tongues" that drain water off of the roof. Because of this, the lions "drool" a bit when it rains, rather than working like they are supposed to.
We also got a behind ...
... job, it is impressive. But my favorite was the Hephastion. An ancient temple dedicated to the god of fire, still mainly intact. I so wanted to walk through the pillars and see the altar I glimpsed inside. But alas it was all cordoned off and I could only walk around the outside cursing tourists who have to touch everything and steal their own mementos from these ancient sites forcing the caretakers to shield them from the rest of us.
Leaving the agora ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price