Travel Blogs from Athens
... time we arrived about 9am the crowds were already building. I can't imagine how busy it would be in the peak of the tourist season if we're in the shoulder season. The temperature was also starting to get up there as well so our guide tried to put us in a shady spot every time she gave a history lesson.
I couldn't believe how huge the Acropolis is and how high we were. No building is ...
... do it here. For E$12, you get entry into all the ancient places. So we did a few... I can't remember, they all become one. Save to say they were each very impressive and worth visiting. I was not at my best. The heat got to me, I was already in pain, it a cycle of yuck. I couldn't wait to get back, turn the air-con on and have a shower.
After my copious amounts of whinging, we had a rest day. N was going to ...
... Sea. The other day I will journey back to classical Greece with a day trip to Delphi
I made it in time for the tour and along the way met some great people! First stop was the Acropolis it is located on a high rocky outcrop above the city of Athens completely beautiful views. The tour guide went pretty quickly and ...
... the restaurant was called Psaras which is Greek for "fisherman" and the restaurant was over 100 years old. there were at least three separate buildings which the restaurant operated from and we were kind of positioned in the middle of them. The tables were sprawling out throughout the alley and up the stairs. There was a rooftop garden and I think you had to have reservations to eat up there. we ended up on the stairs... the candlelit table was very ...
... but people are friendly and there is an unhurried feel about the place-unless you are on the road. We got a taxi into our hotel and you would have thought we were in a Formula One race.Food is different to Turkey and we're definitely not going to starve but probably need to! Difficult to know what you are buying food wise as everything is written in Greek, funny language that it ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price