Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... in which 2 families were expected to live. We saw numerous traditional windmills used mainly in the production of local flour and when finished our visit to Skansen we visited a small coffee shop where we warm drinks and cinnamon buns to warm us all up and prepare for our visit to the Vasa museum. There was so much to see it took us over 2 hours to look around. One of Chris's great grandmothers lived in a house like in Skansen. The ...
... to desserts and there is free gummi bears on the way out. What more could you ask for??
We then went to Absolut Ice Bar. For $30AUD you have a 40 min session in the ice bar and that includes a drink. We didn't last 40 minutes. At -7degrees we were intrigued to get an insight as to what we were in for in the coming Winter months. The first 10 minutes I thought yeah this is fine, I was overreacting about Winter I can handle this. We all left after 25 ...
Nonetheless, it’s very roomy, and a recent dry-dock makeover provided a number of welcome enhancements, ranging from a nightlight in the bathroom, and better internet wi-fi access.
Marina departed Stockholm right on schedule at 5pm. The weather had been fluctuating all day between bright sunshine and rain.
As we pulled away from the dock, conditions were perfect as ...
Today we decided to do some urban hiking! There are so many possibilities! We haven't walked "around" Södermalm in the last few years so it seemed like a great choice. Now that we live in the neighborhood it is very easy to find our way.
There have been many improvements on the shoreline near Tantolunden. The ...
... harbor town of Nynashamn. We climbed up the hill to see the Osmo church originally dating back to 12th century. Then we walked back to board the tender to get to the ship. As soon as we boarded the skies opened up and the hail came down in a flash thunderstorm. Luckily the tender used was one of the emergency boats and so it had a roof. We enjoyed chef’s dinner and a comedian and English pub night before calling it a ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshamnen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147