Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... Saturday. Saturday was a bit special, we decided that it was important for Brad to experience Midsummer, which the Nordic countries celebrate around June 20. The Steiners neighbours probably think they have gone slightly mad for celebrating a month early, but it was well worth it. We had Goran's brother Patrick with his wife Eva and two kids over to join us. For midsummer you make floral hair wreaths and a floral 'maypole' to dance around. We began the celebrations ...
... us up so we could check in prior to starting our day in the new city. Travel to the city because of the distance is very expensive. We were fortunate to have found an information desk with a woman with the information we needed to learn that we could travel via mass transit train using a daily pass. We purchased from her everything we would need to get to the city and get around and then called the shuttle for the hotel. The hotel was an interesting best ...
... on a hill. Going inside we found a stark difference to everything we had seen in orthodox Russia: this Lutheran church was spartan by comparison, with no paintings or gilding on walls or ceiling, just a huge painting of Jesus above the altar and enormous, gorgeous chandeliers. Around noontime we took a bus back to the Helsinki airport and killed a little time waiting for the flight to Stockholm. We we surprised to see no plane at the gate, but soon enough ...
... raining most of the way, fair play to Nugget for a solid driving effort in the rain. When we got to the campground it was still raining but that didn’t stop us, the construction team, from getting the cook tent set up ready to get some food going. Checked into our room and we lucked out again. Managed to get a bungalow between Joel, Leany and myself with one of the bunks being a double bunk top and bottom! We ...
Upon reaching Stockholm, our first order of business was to find a bus to the Vasa Museum. The Vasa Museum was built around the only almost fully original in tact 17th century ship (and viking ship at that) in existence which was built in the early 1600s and sunk on its maiden voyage in 1628. It was salvaged 300+ years later and is now on display in Stockholm. Seeing the ship is incredible and it makes you ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147