No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... which was built to showcase the best-preserved ship in the world from the 1700s that sank on August 10, 1628, on her maiden voyage. The warship sank in Stockholm harbor, literally after a few hundred yards. Seems pretty embarrassing, but Sweden proudly displays it because of how beautiful and well kept it is. It wasn’t sitting that deep and the masts stuck out as it rested on the bottom. The top half of the masts were quickly taken for their wood but the rest of the ship ...
... day dawned (very early) with cloudy skies and some morning showers. We had a lazy start but when we finally ventured out the streets were almost empty. We decided to walk toward Gamla Stan to see what was going on. Of course there were many tourist around. They were probably disappointed to find most things were closed for the holiday, but there are always the souvenir shops ...
Tuesday 22 April We were first in for breakfast this morning to gobble some down before getting the bus to Edinburgh Airport for our flight to Stockholm. The flight was a little bumpy but gave us some lovely views of rugged snowy mountain ranges and frozen waterways across Norway below as we passed over at 30000 feet. We arrived to a sunny day and got the bus into Stockholm Central which took around 40 minutes. It was a 1.5km walk to our hotel, ...
... a full house to ourselves.
As the hop on hop off buses aren't the most economically savvy option every two days in a new city, we have found a far better option. The Free Walking Tour operates in most cities around Europe. A local guide walks around the city showing the sites and history for 2-3 hours. They survive on a tipping system, of how much you think it's worth and can afford. This particular tour had 40 people on it but it was far more personable than ...
... of the Vasa & its symbolism.
The sailing ship- How did they sail a ship like Vasa? On sails, rigging & navigation in the 17th century. Computer terminals.
Life on board- Climb into a full-scale model of upper gun deck. Inspect original objects found on board.
Battle- About naval warfare in the 17th century.
Model of Vasa.
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147