Travel Blogs from Stockholm
OK, it isn't a Viking Ship, it is more like Nelsons ship, but is is a nice ship.
This morning we went for a walk along the waterside. Started out very misty but as the sun got a bit higher it cleared up nicely. Both sides of the port/harbour/inlet, I'm not really sure what they call it, were built up with apartments. It seems to be a very exclusive area.
Found the local metro and off to town. Got on the hop on/off boat and went to the ...
... was there holding a sign with our name on it, making us feel important!
Sweden is the 3rd largest (by area) country in the European Union. Its total population is about 9.7 million. Sweden( officially the Kingdom of Sweden) is a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary democracy with a Monarch as its head. A Prime Minister heads the government. It has been totally independent since 1905 when the joint kingdom of Sweden and Norway was split up. ...
... on my phone (in preparation for the weeks to come. I also met a few new friends Salsa and Fuji which are apparently dogs that live in the hostel! They definitely helped bring my spirits up after still feeling quite under the weather. Later on a met a guy named Fernando (obviously from Brazil) and we went for a walk on one of Stockholm's main shopping streets. He taught me many things about Portuguese as well as some very basic Swedish and Finnish which he had ...
... of rehearsals and so much more. I particularly enjoyed the tutorials with the four members of ABBA, which are fairly recent. You must remember they are in their early 70’s now, save Agnetha who 65. Also the interviews with their road crew, costume designers and managers were brilliant. The history is very informative, as there is much revealed which we old ABBA fans didn’t know. Their old band cars are even on display, and ...
... wanted to go for a look today before we left. We headed out at 8:30 and walked up through Ørstedsparken. Ørstedsparken is a public park in central Copenhagen. One in a series of parks which were laid out on the grounds of the old fortification ring after it was decommissioned in the 1870s. The park still retains elements from the old fortifications in its topography—a section of the moat now serves as an elongated lake and ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshamnen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147