Check rates and availability for this hotel
Find the best prices for Hotel Bedoya from our 3 partners. Show all partners
Travel Blogs from Santander
We visited Santillana del Mar, a town that looks straight out of the Middle Ages. There is literally not one truly modern looking building in the town! There is even this old well in the middle of town. You could just close your eyes and imagine what it used to be like. San Vicente has the "Medieval" section of town, but it is not as large as Santillana's. In San Vicente, it is kind of like one long street that goes from the water uphill towards the church.
One of my first tasks was to apply for residency in Spain. Obtaining my NIE or "knee-yay" as it is pronounced in Spain has been quite a production! We had an entire session in Madrid about the NIE and how to obtain it. The rules of the NIE are as follows
1. You must apply within 30 days of your arrival in Spain
2. You must have an address in Spain, a copy of your passport, visa page and visa stamp
... CLOTHES TOOK FOREVER! As I was putting my clothes on the line, I now connected the dots as to why Spaniards tend to repeat outfits at work,…because it is HORRIBLE USING THE CLOTHES LINE! Literally, my clothes were on for about 1/2 a day and they were still sopping wet. It was sunny out too! On the contrary, I noted that some of my shirts dried very very quickly. Immediately I thought, " I must buy more shirts of ...
... Oscar!...que alegría, ver a un "viejo" amigo en estas latitudes...rápidamente dejamos nuestras mochilas en su auto y dimos un pequeño paseo por Bilboa...vaya que me acordaba de algunas cosas, pero de otras no.
Mientras caminábamos, estuvimos recordando algunas anécdotas del viaje de Asia y sobre los nuevos planes de nuestro amigo de viaje...se va a África!!!!!...wooww..., con nuestro nivel de cansancio actual, no podríamos ni siquiera comenzar a pensar en otro viaje tan ...
... 1. ALSA buses have free wifi, even the shorter ones!
2. There are two entrances for easier entry and exit.
3. The bathroom is down the middle stairs underneath the seats and you feel like you are about to exit the bus.
4. The buses show a movie or the news and have a radio with multiple stations.
5. The screens show a map of where you are just like an airplane
6. The scenery from Spanish buses are much nicer than I-95. I literally saw an ...