Travel Blogs from Athens
... modern Olympic games, but built on the site of ancient stadiums. Did you know that a Stadia is a unit of length, the length of a stadium... get it?!
We had dinner at our local taverna, recommended by our host. We ordered way too much. Small fish, mixed veg, okra, liver, chicken and chips. So good.
We went on a free walking tour on our first full day. It was a great tour, but it was 3.5hours. I ...
... to relax.
We headed back to the hotel for a quick nap and then headed back out to the Plaka for a walk around the flea market before stopping the dinner at a roadside restaurant. Good food, good company and a nice ouzo on ice.
Today at home would have been the first day of spring and here was the first day of autumn. It's fantastic that you can jump on a plane and travel half way around the world in 24 hours compared to just 50 years ...
... At the end of the day I joined everyone in the camp main hall for dinner and shared some stories and just connected. It was sad to leave the friends I just made but I had to head back to the hotel to make sure I'm all packed and ready to head home!
I've had an amazing time here but I'm ready to go home tomorrow!
... to Placa. There was a group of nearly 100 teenagers there in the metro and they were quite a commotion. found out they were from just outside Philly. When we got to Placa we started looking for a place to eat. On the way, we passed an art gallery which had sculptures in it. There were lots of bronze and ceramic pieces and the lady talked at around 1000 words per minute - I could not get a word in edgewise. I finally decided to buy a small bust which was ...
... donkey which was also not recommended as apparently the donkeys being the animals they are take it into their heads to turn round and go back home halfway up the hill. So it was the cable car for us -a bit wobbly but we got there. Sadly tourism has taken over this once pristine place so there is yet another bazaar at the top of the hill-disappointing but I would say very ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price