Residence Don Bosco
Travel Blogs from Rome
This was a travel day. We were up very early to make the trek back to Gatwick airport and catch our flight to Rome. Once we landed, we caught the Leonardo Express, a non-stop train to the Termini station in the heart of Rome.
The hardest part of the day was ...
I chose the Quirinale to Via Veneto route for my walk today because it's very near Via XX Settembre and I thought on this 20th day of September I should see the street named after Italy’s Unification Day. It was as good a reason as any!
Again, I had to first get from my apartment here in Trastevere to a point on the walk; I chose the Piazza del Quirinale. Quirinale is the name of this hill—now home to numerous ...
... look at and not be allowed to take pictures(Ja son's photos coming soon) of the fresco between the delicate fingers of GOD in heaven and man on earth is an experience that can't be explained. Blessed are the people that touch or kiss the feet of St. Peter, the first pope. So as we enter THE church, second largest in the world, we feel blessed even before we graze his feet. The Catholic Church being the largest owner of land ...
... with Neapolitan. The amphitheatre is packed with tourists and, to begin with, it's a bit of a scrum as we jostle through the crowds to the upper levels- not unlike the original situation I expect. It was built as a distraction for the populace, and large scale productions as well as combat were held here. Testament to Roman ingenuity, the levels beneath the floor held elevators, secret entrances and trapdoors which would ...
... a very hot, tight climb up those last windy, tight stairs to the top! After a rest and a glass of vino on the convent terrace ( with spectacular view of the colosseum and the statues atop of the Vittoriano Monument ), we wonderful entertaining dinner near the Spanish Stairs. Today we started out looking for a place to have a more substantial breakfast than what the nuns provide, but instead found ourselves settling for a faux Denver ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Residence Don Bosco Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72