Residence Don Bosco
TripAdvisor Reviews Residence Don Bosco Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
After a nice sleep in and breakfast, we went for a walk and had a coffee at a store with a roof cafe and nice view. We returned to the hotel for our pickup transfer at 11.30 and right on time our driver arrived in a new black Porsche Panamera limo. It was beautiful. Cream leather seats and so comfy. After navigating the horrible traffic we got onto the highway and reached speeds of ...
Sooo...we are running out of time and no time to blog...
I am going to have to consolidate our days in each location and give the highlights.
Also I forgot to mention one part of our tour from yesterday that was soooo amazing. We visited the Basilica of San Clemente from the year 1100. Beneath that church archeologists discovered another basilica from the 4th century and beneath that a pagan temple which ...
... the city that we now call home. We followed the same street for a while looking at menus and buildings when we suddenly could hear music. We turned to find that we had come across a piazza, piazza navona, nonetheless. Upon entering the area is largely cleared out beside the magnificent fountains and church bordering the opposite side. I was astounded by the beauty of it all and it really hit me that I am living in one of the most historic art centers of the ...
... Suzanne and Marco were in Rome in July this year, and the heat, the long queue, and the irritating hawkers led them to balk at this attraction. This time around they are amazed that there is no queue at all — we're pretty surprised too given our thirty-minute wait at Saint Peter's earlier in the week, on a much colder day than today. We breeze in and take the longer of two routes to the main attraction — clearly most visitors are really just here ...
... located. I could leave my luggage with the hotel but still there wasn't enough time to really go anywhere. Betty was in the lobby, and several other tour members, all waiting to check out and either move to a different hotel (some were staying a few more nights in Rome) or waiting to catch a flight later in the afternoon or evening.
I’d heard back from Wells Fargo that my daily withdrawal amount had successfully been increased so I went with Diane and Ian (of Ian ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82