Residence Don Bosco
TripAdvisor Reviews Residence Don Bosco Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... still close) from us. So off we go. St. Peter's is free to all who wish to visit and unfortunately there are a lot of people who wish to visit. As we check out the line (about 1 1/2-2 hours) we ponder if we should stay. However, this is the biggie of all churches in the Catholic faith, so I talk Guenther into it. We go to the end of the line and who is just behind us but a couple from Markham, Ontario. We get to chit chat all the way into St. Peter's, that was ...
... while the doors are open to either get on or off the train. Needless to say, this is no place for a traveler afraid of crowds. But we made a mad dash into the throng and made it on board. Our first stop was a cafe I had enjoyed during prior visits called Miscellania. It sits in the shadow of the Pantheon and serves good hearty italian food for a reasonable price. We enjoyed some Saffron Rissoto and fresh Bruschetta along with ...
... until about 10:30 but always very lightly so we would have been fine with umbrellas. The rest of the day was overcast and would have been a great day to be there as you would not have been hot. We spent the day walking around Rome. Got a new pair of boots! We headed over to the Vatican in the afternoon to say a few prayers and take in the beauty of St. Peter's Cathedral. It took ...
... go shopping and make sure that I have bought everyone something and have another meal of their great pasta. After shopping and pasta I am just going to go back to my hotel and have a swim and spend the rest of the day relaxing by the pool and having a few drinks and a chat in the bar before I go back to my room to start ...
... along with the details about the frescos that decorate the interior, and most particularly the Sistine Chapel ceiling and The Last Judgment by Michelangelo. I couldn't wait to get in and see the famous frescos for myself.
Walking through the museum itself was overwhelming, and I found it very difficult to comprehend all of the amazing artefacts we were looking at and being told about. The Vatican museums deliver ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82