Hotel Puerta del Sol
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this hotel rated in the past?
Photos of Hotel Puerta del Sol
Travelers also recommend:
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Puerta del Sol David
Travel Blogs from David
... how we had to get to Nicaragua. We had go back to San Jose, Costa Rica and spend the night there to catch a bus from San Jose to Nicaragua the day after. It would be a 8:30am bus from the bus station in the town of David, Panama. After dinner the Germans said the were heading for a drink in town, so we all joined for an imprompt night out, which was fun and an experience to say the least and all arriving back in various ...
... flight tickets. He turned to spoke to an older border official at the back of the office and told him that we were with him and he was being held up. The bus driver then guided us towards a window where the older official sat down and told us just to hand our passports over. Without another question or buying the flights, our passports were just stamped in seconds and handed back. The driver then escorted us, with our bags, into the customs hall and we were just waved back out ...
... drink just 1 cup of medium-roasted coffee in the morning. Why?
- It is very humid and hot in Panama. People sweat most of the time, even if they are not doing anything at the moment. Because of the climate locals do not feel like drinking warm coffee often during the day. One cup of coffee in the morning is just fine.
- Medium-roasted coffee has a long pleasant aftertaste. Light or ...
... squid, swimming like small battalions of big-eyed submarines, brittle stars wrapped around tube corals, lobsters peering out of crannies in the coral, and lots of pretty fish. I was lucky to have a sunny morning to see the colourful corals, and I loved being suspended in the warm water.
The next day we were back on the water taxi, headed for the road that would take us over the much anticipated Continental Divide. It was a tough one, a lot like the almost-roller ...
... to six months. During this resting period expert farmers "cup," or taste the coffee to gauge readiness. From this point the raw coffee beans, or green beans, are packaged and distributed. Only 10% of Boquete's beans are sold locally while the other 90% are exported throughout the world.
If this process sounds interesting on paper, you should see it in person. Many coffee plantations in Boquete provide tours, with some offering onsite hotel accommodations or eateries.