No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
- Continental Breakfast
- Airport Transportation
- Free High-Speed Internet
- Room service
Photos of Hotel Platino
Travelers also recommend:
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Platino Santiago
Travel Blogs from Santiago
... of interaction, I have no doubt that these local teachers were motivated by something special. With smiles on the faces of teachers and students alike, this seemed like the place to be for any kid growing up in the barrio. With such little resources, these teachers and staff have already made a huge impact in the community, I only wonder what they could achieve with just a little bit more?
... ensued...there was some DEET spraying, a few tossed objects, and a thick-soled shoe...and la cucaracha del muerte. Muy bien. (Dis. Gus. Ting.) On a completely different note, we spent the day yesterday with a little less work to do and a little more time to bond with people in the barrio and one another. It was no small challenge to hop on a plane with a bunch of people I didn't know and head to the Dominican for this project. We ...
So I'm a little behind on my posts...but as most of you know, I'm coming home in 2 days!! So in honor of this, I'm going to do two posts today: Things I will miss/Things I will not miss.
THINGS I WILL MISS!
- Having the housekeeper bring me juice when I am home in the afternoon
- My host family and especially watching Tangled and Pocahontas in Spanish with my 3 year old mini me
- Being able to take a two hour bus ride and ...
... start things off:
"The Dominican Republic! Cool! So, Punta Cana?!"
- No, no. That's a tourist, resort town on the east coast. It's usually the first city people think of or know of, but no, I am not, and probably will not, be there.
- Yes. There are stores here believe it or not and they have lots of American and "normal" products.
This passed weekend we went to viente siete charcos (27 waterfalls) near Puerta Plata, and it was the most amazing thing that I have ever seen! I had to hike up a mountain for about an hour and once I made it to the top, I had to jump into 27 waterfalls in order to get back down. The hike up the mountain was difficult but it was absoultely worth it because the scenery was ...