No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this hotel rated in the past?
Photos of Hotel Platino
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Platino Santiago
Travel Blogs from Santiago
... 8217;s willingness and excitedness to talk about areas in which they excel, a discussion that isn’t often held in their lives.
We finished the day off by playing some soccer and baseball with the neighborhood kids and tomorrow will consist of visiting the capital city of the Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo. Other than what happened to my arm, everybody is happy and well! Thanks for staying updated.
Love from the Dominican Republic!
Updates: The only spider sightings have been the spiny orb weavers that live on the bush near our room. My pics of them aren't great, because as it turns out, they are freaky looking but TINY! I need a better camera to capture them in high def. Sadly, there are other creatures around. I do know a few Spanish words, and "la cucaracha" is one of them. Holy giant disgusting creatures, Batman! We had one in our room...the usual screaming ...
So I'm a little behind on my posts...but as most of you know, I'm coming home in 2 days!! So in honor of this, I'm going to do two posts today: Things I will miss/Things I will not miss.
THINGS I WILL MISS!
- Having the housekeeper bring me juice when I am home in the afternoon
- My host family and especially watching Tangled and Pocahontas in Spanish with my 3 year old mini me
- Being able to take a two hour bus ride and ...
... start things off:
"The Dominican Republic! Cool! So, Punta Cana?!"
- No, no. That's a tourist, resort town on the east coast. It's usually the first city people think of or know of, but no, I am not, and probably will not, be there.
- Yes. There are stores here believe it or not and they have lots of American and "normal" products.
This passed weekend we went to viente siete charcos (27 waterfalls) near Puerta Plata, and it was the most amazing thing that I have ever seen! I had to hike up a mountain for about an hour and once I made it to the top, I had to jump into 27 waterfalls in order to get back down. The hike up the mountain was difficult but it was absoultely worth it because the scenery was ...