Travel Blogs from Santiago
So I'm a little behind on my posts...but as most of you know, I'm coming home in 2 days!! So in honor of this, I'm going to do two posts today: Things I will miss/Things I will not miss.
THINGS I WILL MISS!
- Having the housekeeper bring me juice when I am home in the afternoon
- My host family and especially watching Tangled and Pocahontas in Spanish with my 3 year old mini me
- Being able to take a two hour bus ride and ...
... start things off:
"The Dominican Republic! Cool! So, Punta Cana?!"
- No, no. That's a tourist, resort town on the east coast. It's usually the first city people think of or know of, but no, I am not, and probably will not, be there.
- Yes. There are stores here believe it or not and they have lots of American and "normal" products.
This passed weekend we went to viente siete charcos (27 waterfalls) near Puerta Plata, and it was the most amazing thing that I have ever seen! I had to hike up a mountain for about an hour and once I made it to the top, I had to jump into 27 waterfalls in order to get back down. The hike up the mountain was difficult but it was absoultely worth it because the scenery was ...
... of his back porch/patio, a few others helped construct a shower, and the rest of the team spent the morning outside and inside the church playing with the children. Face painting, balloons, bubbles, and music were on the agenda, and we capped it all off with a few favorite Bible school songs (such as Father Abraham and Jesus Loves the Little Children...in Spanish, of course).
After swinging by ...
... bugs and animals that are suppose to belong outside. But I guess when your living in the Dominican Republic this is something that I will just have to get used.......or MAYBE NOT!!! Lol
The windows here in the DR dont have any screens, so I refuse to open up my bedroom windows becasue I do not want to wake up next to a frog or a lizard! Ill just suck it up and deal with the heat, plus my fans keep me pretty ...