No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this hotel rated in the past?
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Platino Santiago
Travel Blogs from Santiago
... regarding their commitment to providing living wages to their workers. In the afternoon, we'll speak to individual business owners who are recipients of microloans and how these small loans have helped change their lives.
Check back tomorrow night for more ...
... deserters but move in a common rhythm when the food must come in or the fire be put out. The work of the world is common as mud. Botched, it smears the hands, crumbles to dust. But the thing worth doing well done has a shape that satisfies, clean and evident. Greek amphoras for wine or oil, Hopi vases that held corn, are put in museums but you know they were made to be used. The pitcher cries for water to carry and a person for work that is ...
So I'm a little behind on my posts...but as most of you know, I'm coming home in 2 days!! So in honor of this, I'm going to do two posts today: Things I will miss/Things I will not miss.
THINGS I WILL MISS!
- Having the housekeeper bring me juice when I am home in the afternoon
- My host family and especially watching Tangled and Pocahontas in Spanish with my 3 year old mini me
- Being able to take a two hour bus ride and ...
... start things off:
"The Dominican Republic! Cool! So, Punta Cana?!"
- No, no. That's a tourist, resort town on the east coast. It's usually the first city people think of or know of, but no, I am not, and probably will not, be there.
- Yes. There are stores here believe it or not and they have lots of American and "normal" products.
This passed weekend we went to viente siete charcos (27 waterfalls) near Puerta Plata, and it was the most amazing thing that I have ever seen! I had to hike up a mountain for about an hour and once I made it to the top, I had to jump into 27 waterfalls in order to get back down. The hike up the mountain was difficult but it was absoultely worth it because the scenery was ...