No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this hotel rated in the past?
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Platino Santiago
Travel Blogs from Santiago
... however, the required student uniform and book costs prove to be out of budget for the families. It is a classic case of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs; how can a family expect to send their children to school if they cannot manage to put breakfast on the table?
Thankfully, there is hope! Everywhere we turned in Maria Auxiliadora I saw signs of the progress that has been made through the work of our host organization, True Evangelism Always Requires Sacrifice (TEARS). In ...
... to give the ladies manicures. Her gift to us. Before you go judging that Beth was getting her nails did instead of cutting rebar...listen up. We have been complimenting her on her own nails, and she went and got her very limited stash of nail polish and did our nails beautifully. We were all very touched that she wanted to take care of us like that...the generosity of spirit that resides in our little barrio is truly remarkable. We had the privilege of going to ...
So I'm a little behind on my posts...but as most of you know, I'm coming home in 2 days!! So in honor of this, I'm going to do two posts today: Things I will miss/Things I will not miss.
THINGS I WILL MISS!
- Having the housekeeper bring me juice when I am home in the afternoon
- My host family and especially watching Tangled and Pocahontas in Spanish with my 3 year old mini me
- Being able to take a two hour bus ride and ...
... start things off:
"The Dominican Republic! Cool! So, Punta Cana?!"
- No, no. That's a tourist, resort town on the east coast. It's usually the first city people think of or know of, but no, I am not, and probably will not, be there.
- Yes. There are stores here believe it or not and they have lots of American and "normal" products.
This passed weekend we went to viente siete charcos (27 waterfalls) near Puerta Plata, and it was the most amazing thing that I have ever seen! I had to hike up a mountain for about an hour and once I made it to the top, I had to jump into 27 waterfalls in order to get back down. The hike up the mountain was difficult but it was absoultely worth it because the scenery was ...