Travel Blogs from Athens
... enjoyed it.
Once back on board it was lunch time on the lower decks and then time for a wine on deck. It is a hard life you know. Next stop is a brief one at Poros an island that is separated by a narrow sea channel from the Peloponnese area on mainland Greece. The gelato was good.
Then it is an hour or so to Aegina and I opt for an optional trip to the temple of Aphaia.built in 480 BC. ...
... such as pools and gardens as well as being close to the beach and only 10 minutes outside of the city centre. It also has a restaurant attached to the hotel so they can eat when ever they want to. For these reasons Ithink the Sea View hotel would be perfect for a school group, they would have everything they need to enjoy their stay in ...
... had a nice bakery that also sold ice cream not far down the street. David and Graham enjoyed their ice cream cones then we headed to the roof top bar to finish the night with an ouzo and the view of the acropolis... A good day had by all..
Much of today was spent traveling. The flight from Perth to Doha was a long stretch but Ruth managed to score us the exit rows so we had lots of leg room. It's great though when you get woken up an hour ...
... in Piraeus along a motorway at a fast clip for 50 min finally arriving at 11.20 local time.
Nice hotel only 5 mins from the port and they provide a free shuttle there.
Logged in to the internet & writing the blog now. More than ready for bed as its well after midnight local time. It has been another long day. We are a bit excited about boarding the QueenElizabeth tomorrow.
... of the Metro, we found one soon and went ahead and bought our tickets. We asked for a recommendation for a good Greek restaurant, she wrote down the name of a restaurant and pointed us in the right direction.
The place we ate lunch was very cute. The restrooms (only called toilets or water closets in Europe) had giant Campbell soup cans as the sinks. They brought us two small Aperitifs (I think this is what they are called?) which was an incredibly ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price