Travel Blogs from Montreal
... visit the Basilique Notre-Dame but we more than made up for that with the selection of other things we did, and despite its size the city is very easy to get around. We used the Metro, as it serviced all the places we wanted to visit, and it is efficient, clean and easy to use. I suspect it was the Metro that made Kate warm up to the city in the end (although she is still disappointed we went on every line but the blue line). She does so enjoy trains. Even French ones it turns ...
... was at the same level as the seat. I then headed off to The Botanical Garden. I asked at the information desk if they have a map of the park. I then pointed to the Chinese garden and the lady said everything is closed for winter. Well I didn't come all this way to just walk off. She did warn me that only the main path is ok to walk on, but the small paths that lead to the Chinese & Japanese garden will be slippery ...
... all along the water with information panels about how the waterways has been used over the years. Also provides great views across the waterway and back towards the old city. Once I reached the old city I went to the Notre-Dame basilica, I paid my $5 and went inside. It was really amazing. I waited 20mins for the next guided tour. Took that time to sit back and relax. The tour was very informative, from the begin gone of the French coming over to try and make a perfect society ...
Our journey began in Montreal. We visited Grandad before heading overseas. Our first cultural experience was a Chinese meal, without adding China to our itinerary! We are looking forward to many other culinary tastes of each country's food specialties. ...
Another day in Montreal another church. I spend the morning visiting Saint Joseph Du Mont Royal and its surrounding gardens. Siting high above the city it affords some great views. I walk into the city from Saint Josephs through Mont Royal Park which takes a few hours. Crossing to the east side of town i check out the Village. While walking down the high street a stranger stops to comment that I'm handsome, have a great physique and if I'm free tomorrow, could they take ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Pierre Montreal
Other places to stay in Montreal
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $192
- An anniversary getaway to remember!
- Couln't ask for more
- Chateau Champlain was wonderful!
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- We were very pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn Midtown
- Great place
- Not awful at all
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $161
- Always stay here!
- The View? Cheers! The Staff? Jeers!
- Wonderful stay
Saint-Jacques, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Great Hotel
- There are better options in Montreal
- Rude service, dust on the curtains and mold in the bathroom
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Avoid this place if you can
- The Good and the Bad
- Excellent location and much more
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Great way to end our trip!
- Not a 4-star hotel
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Only tried the revolving restaurant
- A nice place for families
- Right in between St. Catherines and Vieux-Montreal
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $110
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- The best in Montreal
- Omini Mont Royal Just Right
- Great weekend getaway
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- We recommend this hotel
- A pleasant surprise
- Hotel was good enough for our stay
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- Loved every moment
- Couldn't be better
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Best Location For Gay Village
- Tired Hotel
- Beautiful, Clean, Great service
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- Nice, inexpensive hotel
- Gestapo at the front desk
- Cantlie ignorance
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Rather Impressed
- Beds to die for..
- Terrific French Hotel in the Quintessential French City
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Small but servicable
- Small with Big Attitude
- Excellent location
Ville-Marie, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Good price, good location
- Pricy but worth it!!!
- Not a wonderful experience
Downtown, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $98
- Get what you pay for
- Tiny rooms filled up with smoke
- Tiny Room and Shower
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $167
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Would not stay at this hotel again.
- Very nice
- If you are looking for Peace and Relaxation. STAY AWAY from it
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Not as bad as these reviews say...
- Not as advertised...
- Recommended to friends
Vieux-Montreal, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- Great location and lovely suite
- Una excelente ubicación y una suite encantadora.
- Trčs bon emplacement et suite ravissante
Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $105
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $117
Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $151
Quartier Latin, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $138
- Highly Recommend!!
- Nice stay
- Great Stay!