No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Olcott New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... on breakfast TV,
Before heading back to the Apartment we walked down to 27th St and visited The Museum of Sex on 5th Avenue. It was a bit of a disappointment apart from the Linda Lovelace exhibit which chronicled her life in the porn industry and her later fight against abuse of women in the industry.
After a busy day it was back to the apartment for dinner and some TV.
... So we could either just sit there or wait, or try and get in some other way. It was now getting late so we decided we would try and get a cab. After coming up from the subway we had totally no idea where we were. We wandered aimlessly for a bit and finally managed to hail a cab for a long slow trip into the city as of course we then hit peak hour traffic.
After checking in to our hotel we headed out for a walk as we were only a few blocks from the Empire ...
... return to catch our boat trip. It was still foggy but as we sat waiting to go the sun started to burn through and as we pulled away the fog lifted and we could see everything. We went down the Hudson, out to see the statue and Ellis island the back up the Harlem, seeing all the famous bridges, parks, buildings etc. We ran into problems due to unusually high water and while they warned us we may not make it all the way around the island as we may not get under the bridges for a ...
... get a bit lost in the antiquities and Paul says it's a bit like being in Ikea, once you are in, you can't get out again! True in so many ways because every time you turn around, just like at Ikea, you see something weirdly impractical that fascinates you. I love, love, love the Met. The art here is beyond belief and unlike European Museums, it seems so casually displayed. You can get up close, you can take photos, and I am surprised that you can even touch ancient sculptures. Makes ...
... hard for a about 20 mins.
We managed to make it back to the gypsy bus without getting too wet. The view tonight was a little different with the lights reflecting on the clouds.
Its the girls last night here. Beth and Gail Jones went to bed after packing their bags and left Gail and me up talking and having some drinks until 2ish. We have to get up early for them to get to the station. Woops.
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!