Hotel Mons Am Gotheplatz
Travel Blogs from Munich
Munich - 26th - 28th June 2012 We got up early today as we knew we had a 6 hour train ride from Berlin to Munich. We were so glad the train was direct and had no stop overs to delay us from getting there. The weather was lovely and warm, we dropped our bags off at our hostel and then made our way straight into town for an early dinner and to check …
... atmosphere but the beer does tend to go down very quickly!
After a tentative start this morning we visited a couple of sights after breakfast: the Glyptothek Greek and Roman sculpture museum and the Residenz Palace. The Greek/Roman museum had some nice pieces and has helped to build our excitement for spending 5 nights in Rome. The Residenz Palace was used by the Bavarian Kings. As expected ...
... the King had his apartments, the majority of which are not open to the public. But there was a sitting room to visit and a number of impressive paintings to view.
Back to the south side of the building, the queen’s apartments were well furnished with period furniture, and another great number of painting including the king’s ”Gallery of Beauties”. There were thirty-six portraits of beautiful Bavarian woman, from the lowest ...
... Theater, equally beautiful, but we finished there in just a few minutes. It was gloriously air conditioned, it's another boiling, hot day in Munich! Lunch at Cafe Tambosi under the trees.
We've been searching for a supermarket to get a few things. No luck yet, but we managed to spend 24€ on soap, a toothbrush, toothpaste and shaving cream.
After a long, hot walk back, we're showered and ready for a ...
... itself started in the fall of 1872, and on January 29, 1880 the topping-out ceremony was held. Although Ludwig was fascinated by medieval legends and stories, he also wanted the best of the best for his new home. So in designing Neuschwanstein, builders used the latest innovations to ensure that the king had the most up-to-date technology at his disposal. For example the building had hot air central heating and every floor ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Mons Am Gotheplatz Munich
Other places to stay in Munich
Altstadt - Lehel, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $439
- Great hotel in downtown Munich
- Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad !
- Hot spot!
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Great Location and Big Comfortable Rooms
- Great Location and beautiful hotel
- Can't wait to go back
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $119
- Stay away!
- A central hotel
- Wait six months and then go
Terminalstrasse / Mitte 20, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $174
- Excellent in every way!
- Americans- wonderful hotel for a vacation to Bavaria!!!
- Beautiful, convenient, and down comforters to boot
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $157
- Perfectly nice
- Look at the view!
- Awful location, nice hotel
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $130
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Obersendling, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $82
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $244
- Ultra-contemporary design temple with service flaws
- Too Much Tech, Not Enough Service
- Very nice...
Bogenhausen, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $170
- Modern, Great Hotel
- First Class
- A must to avoid
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Well, they lied, but they apologized
- Good value, positive overall.
- Nice but with some problems.
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Westend, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $133
- Nice Business Hotel convenient for the U-Bahn
- Not bad - (Business Hotel)
- Expensive... Not Worth It!
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $160
- Ideal for city break. Perfect location
- Good for a business hotel
- No surprises...exactly what you'd expect...
Schwabing-Ost, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $122
- Good for the price, but bad location
- Stay somewhere else...
- Very nice hotel, unbelievable breakfast
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $148
- A class act
- Wonderful location, first class hotel, terrific and helpful staff
- An average business class hotel
Graggenau, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $383
- A Grand Old Hotel
- Very nice, but be careful what room they put you in
- Age shows
Messestadt Riem, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $90
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $107
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- VEry comfortable hotel, close to munich city center
- Un fantastico soggiorno
- Un piacevole soggiorno al Marriott Courtyard
Alte Heide - Hirschau, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $85
Maxvorstadt, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $104
Neuperlach, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $87
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $72
Bogenhausen, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $87