Hotel Mons Am Gotheplatz
Travel Blogs from Munich
Munich - 26th - 28th June 2012 We got up early today as we knew we had a 6 hour train ride from Berlin to Munich. We were so glad the train was direct and had no stop overs to delay us from getting there. The weather was lovely and warm, we dropped our bags off at our hostel and then made our way straight into town for an early dinner and to check …
... in front of our apartment and proved to be a fantastic way to move around Munich. On our first full day we completed a guided walking tour around central Munich which enabled us to develop a good understanding of the history of both recent Munich and mediaeval Bavaria. Nymphenburg Palace and gardens was an easy distance from our apartment. Built as a summer residence, the owner originally had a series of canals built to link his palaces together and ...
... Tower beer garden where we stopped for lunch. I had a beer called Radler which was half beer and half lemonade. It was surprisingly delicious. After lunch, we headed back onto the path and stopped a spot where people surf on the river. The scene was pretty awesome! =) After watching the surfing, we headed back to Mike's HQ to drop off our bikes.
Dinner:As per Basti's recommendations, we headed to an Italian restaurant in the neighbourhood, ...
... and stayed there all night. When it came time to leave, with bruises on our hands, and a cut in my case, we headed in the direction of food. Which was a poor effort on our part finding it. We ended just getting on the bus and going home. But instead of sleep, we quoted Anchorman and other Will Ferrell movies to our neighbouring tents for about an hour and a half. Then we ...
Last, we were off to dinner. And nothing better than experiencing the enjoyment of Polka music, beer, and sausages right? YEP! Hofbrauhaus it was. There was sausage, of course, and German potato salad. It was a good chance to relax, and watching the locals was of course an enjoyable place as well.
Well, that's it for the day. Time to consider bed, off to our last day in Munich tomorrow. Crazy!
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Mons Am Gotheplatz Munich
Other places to stay in Munich
Altstadt - Lehel, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $456
- Great hotel in downtown Munich
- Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad !
- Hot spot!
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $141
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $195
- Great Location and Big Comfortable Rooms
- Great Location and beautiful hotel
- Can't wait to go back
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Stay away!
- A central hotel
- Wait six months and then go
Terminalstrasse / Mitte 20, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $161
- Excellent in every way!
- Americans- wonderful hotel for a vacation to Bavaria!!!
- Beautiful, convenient, and down comforters to boot
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Perfectly nice
- Look at the view!
- Awful location, nice hotel
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $130
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $126
Obersendling, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $88
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $233
- Ultra-contemporary design temple with service flaws
- Too Much Tech, Not Enough Service
- Very nice...
Bogenhausen, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $153
- Modern, Great Hotel
- First Class
- A must to avoid
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Well, they lied, but they apologized
- Good value, positive overall.
- Nice but with some problems.
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $88
Westend, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Nice Business Hotel convenient for the U-Bahn
- Not bad - (Business Hotel)
- Expensive... Not Worth It!
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Ideal for city break. Perfect location
- Good for a business hotel
- No surprises...exactly what you'd expect...
Schwabing-Ost, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $109
- Good for the price, but bad location
- Stay somewhere else...
- Very nice hotel, unbelievable breakfast
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $147
- A class act
- Wonderful location, first class hotel, terrific and helpful staff
- An average business class hotel
Graggenau, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $335
- A Grand Old Hotel
- Very nice, but be careful what room they put you in
- Age shows
Messestadt Riem, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $165
- VEry comfortable hotel, close to munich city center
- Un fantastico soggiorno
- Un piacevole soggiorno al Marriott Courtyard
Alte Heide - Hirschau, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $89
Maxvorstadt, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $80
Neuperlach, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $96
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $75
Bogenhausen, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $87