Hotel Mons Am Gotheplatz
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Mons Am Gotheplatz Munich
Travel Blogs from Munich
... the mindset here was) they let in the flood of us (over a hundred, I'd say) and we were on a mad race to find somewhere to sit down in order to get served. After a bit, we asked every German we passed "Can we sit here, there, ANYWHERE????" "NEIN!!!!" So then we resorted to the dreaded Italians that seem to take over the festival year in and year out. Thank God they said no too...
Finally one lovely group of Germans allowed us to sit "just to ...
30th September - We woke up around 7, packed the car and
left to go to Munich. We arrived around 4 or 5 hours later, had Maccas
for lunch then Chris had an interview (for his internship) with a company
called Daikin. It worked out really well, killed two birds with one stone - he
... and gardens set out front and back. After the baroque and gilt of Ludwig's creations it is very plain inside. The Stone Hall is high light and beautiful but going into the private rooms they are much more muted and restrained.
We walk through the gardens, stop for an excellent Apfelstrudel and vanilla sauce in the Palmhous coffee shop then head to the Carriage Museum. The carriages, some of which are Ludwig's are amazing. The state coaches ...
... where things were! Then we headed to Odeonsplatz, which was one of our favorite areas...there is the structure with the huge lions....and there are the small brass lions whose noses you rub for good luck....John wanted to do that again! Then we discovered a wine festival going on inside the grounds of what's known as The Residenz, which was a palace/home for several royal families thru the years. It was fun....several tents selling wines, and a traditional ...
After working all morning we rushed to get ready for the event of the season - Oktoberfest!
Oktoberfest is a huge beer festival in the centre of Munich boasting around 3 million visitors each year over a period of two weeks. Virtually everyone wears tracht, the dirndl for women and lederhosen for men. However you will find some women wearing ladiehosen and slirndls (I'm sure you can work these terms our for yourself) although our host ...
Other places to stay in Munich
Altstadt - Lehel, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $439
- Great hotel in downtown Munich
- Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad !
- Hot spot!
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Great Location and Big Comfortable Rooms
- Great Location and beautiful hotel
- Can't wait to go back
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $119
- Stay away!
- A central hotel
- Wait six months and then go
Terminalstrasse / Mitte 20, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $174
- Excellent in every way!
- Americans- wonderful hotel for a vacation to Bavaria!!!
- Beautiful, convenient, and down comforters to boot
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $157
- Perfectly nice
- Look at the view!
- Awful location, nice hotel
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $130
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Obersendling, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $82
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $244
- Ultra-contemporary design temple with service flaws
- Too Much Tech, Not Enough Service
- Very nice...
Bogenhausen, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $170
- Modern, Great Hotel
- First Class
- A must to avoid
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Well, they lied, but they apologized
- Good value, positive overall.
- Nice but with some problems.
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Westend, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $133
- Nice Business Hotel convenient for the U-Bahn
- Not bad - (Business Hotel)
- Expensive... Not Worth It!
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $160
- Ideal for city break. Perfect location
- Good for a business hotel
- No surprises...exactly what you'd expect...
Schwabing-Ost, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $122
- Good for the price, but bad location
- Stay somewhere else...
- Very nice hotel, unbelievable breakfast
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $148
- A class act
- Wonderful location, first class hotel, terrific and helpful staff
- An average business class hotel
Graggenau, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $383
- A Grand Old Hotel
- Very nice, but be careful what room they put you in
- Age shows
Messestadt Riem, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $90
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $107
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- VEry comfortable hotel, close to munich city center
- Un fantastico soggiorno
- Un piacevole soggiorno al Marriott Courtyard
Alte Heide - Hirschau, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $85
Maxvorstadt, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $104
Neuperlach, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $87
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $72
Bogenhausen, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $87