Hotel Mons Am Gotheplatz
Travel Blogs from Munich
Munich - 26th - 28th June 2012 We got up early today as we knew we had a 6 hour train ride from Berlin to Munich. We were so glad the train was direct and had no stop overs to delay us from getting there. The weather was lovely and warm, we dropped our bags off at our hostel and then made our way straight into town for an early dinner and to check …
... Arrivederci. We had a lot of fun at dinner. We have to mention the key to our room. It was a small round token with a small button in the center. You had to push the button and wait for 2 beeps, turn the knob and quickly grab the handle to open the door. Watching us try to open the door would have been entertaining. We never mastered the key, always a surprise when we actually opened the door. Until tomorrow, Auf Wiedersehen! Gigi & ...
... days) booze fest? Naturally, people are excited and intoxicated from being over-served, but you don't see the typical stupidity that stems from liquid courage that sets in after a day's worth of drinking. The crowds were polite, tolerant, even PATIENT. Practically every nation was represented and nearly all donned the typical festival attire while their arms locked with the locals. The only casualty reported was a tiny bird that didn't get out of the way in time ...
... holiday time. Not to be dissuaded, I kept the AirBnB room that I’d booked and decided to go through with it.
I started reading a bit about Oktoberfest, and one thing that kept coming up was that it was dangerous, and that women shouldn’t go by themselves. There were countless reports of people having their wallets stolen, and there were of course the typical reports of drunken rowdiness and physical violence. Although I was a ...
Left lovely Murren this morning...really had a hard time leaving. We took some parting shots...we will be back!
Today is game day for the Boise State Broncos so the 4 of us wore our Blue T-shirts again. Lots of stares and today, other than our tour group, no one yelled "Go Broncos".
We left Murren and traveled back into Germany. We had lunch in a little village on an island on Lake Constanz in Germany, called Lindau. Very quaint. We had a long bus drive ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Mons Am Gotheplatz Munich
Other places to stay in Munich
Altstadt - Lehel, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $456
- Great hotel in downtown Munich
- Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad !
- Hot spot!
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $141
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $195
- Great Location and Big Comfortable Rooms
- Great Location and beautiful hotel
- Can't wait to go back
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Stay away!
- A central hotel
- Wait six months and then go
Terminalstrasse / Mitte 20, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $161
- Excellent in every way!
- Americans- wonderful hotel for a vacation to Bavaria!!!
- Beautiful, convenient, and down comforters to boot
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Perfectly nice
- Look at the view!
- Awful location, nice hotel
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $130
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $126
Obersendling, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $88
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $233
- Ultra-contemporary design temple with service flaws
- Too Much Tech, Not Enough Service
- Very nice...
Bogenhausen, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $153
- Modern, Great Hotel
- First Class
- A must to avoid
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Well, they lied, but they apologized
- Good value, positive overall.
- Nice but with some problems.
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $88
Westend, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Nice Business Hotel convenient for the U-Bahn
- Not bad - (Business Hotel)
- Expensive... Not Worth It!
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Ideal for city break. Perfect location
- Good for a business hotel
- No surprises...exactly what you'd expect...
Schwabing-Ost, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $109
- Good for the price, but bad location
- Stay somewhere else...
- Very nice hotel, unbelievable breakfast
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $147
- A class act
- Wonderful location, first class hotel, terrific and helpful staff
- An average business class hotel
Graggenau, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $335
- A Grand Old Hotel
- Very nice, but be careful what room they put you in
- Age shows
Messestadt Riem, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $165
- VEry comfortable hotel, close to munich city center
- Un fantastico soggiorno
- Un piacevole soggiorno al Marriott Courtyard
Alte Heide - Hirschau, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $89
Maxvorstadt, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $80
Neuperlach, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $96
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $75
Bogenhausen, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $87