Travel Blogs from Athens
... week. I have to keep that promise, and I will. Afterall his Mum is planning to cook me meatballs next. There were many highlights of my time in Athens I could go on all day. Tess, my Australian friend and I got fabulous deals on hand painted Greek pottery. Mine has a famous scene of Hercules with the Diomedes Mares. I met bunch of British men from the Isle of White who were on a two week bender in Athens due to an unfortunate yet inevitable upcoming divorce. I chatted with ...
... history of the place such as the ancient Olympic Games and stadiums. I think a school group would enjoy seeing some of the ancient artefacts and learning about the ancient world. The museum isn't old and boring, it provides an interesting atmosphere to educate people.
I left the museum at 12 pm and decided to find myself some lunch, I asked around with a few of the locals and found out that there is a nice restaurant not far ...
... locals for directions.
Dane had to get a police report drawn up with regard to his missing mobile phone in order to lodge a claim through our travel insurance. We eventually found the station and were directed to the third floor. We waited for a while before being addressed by an officer in plain clothes who asked a few questions and then left us to wait a little longer. While we were waiting I received a call from the Brazilian Embassy. Our visas were ready! We ...
... to raw scallops. The taste here was heavenly! (€17.50)
The Sea bass Carpaccio is a favorite. We had exactly the same dish as the previous time we were here. Half portion with chili and lime and the other half with thyme and lemon. (€17.00) Both tastes are stunning.
APPETIZERS: For two persons.
Besides the Freshly cut tomato Salad with feta cheese for €6.50, we tried the Pearly Razorfish fried. (2 ...
... by shops, restaurants and office buildings.
Jammed with traffic it is often used as a focal point for student marches, union strikes and other political protests. Once in a while it becomes a ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price