Hotel Marco Simone and Golf Resort
Travel Blogs from Rome
... all day. It was wonderful. First I went to Termini station, to the bookstore there and bought three English books :) and it made me incredible happy. I haven't been reading beyond tourist books, an Italian phrasebook, and the occasional magazine and I really miss it. I walked around quite a bit, taking in some good scenery, and eating probably the best gelato I've had yet. I stopped for lunch at a cute patio restaurant - I ordered myself a ...
... quarterfinals on Sunday night the entires city erupted! Cars were honking and people were cheering "Italia!". I am excited to watch the semi game on Thursday! Toured the Coliseum. I was a bit surprised to be so impressed. I see what the " big" deal is now. ;). Had a guide who took us on a tour of The Forum, Pallantine ...
A Roman Thanksgiving
When thinking of thanksgiving, the part that is most intriguing the scrumptious food, football, and family. When thinking of a Roman Thanksgiving, well the pilgrims did not land here so it isn't the same, it is more of well a typical day gallivanting around the ancient city; however, we had two guest in town: Alyssa (Danielle’s sister) and Jackie( their cousin aka my sister for the weekend.) Thanksgiving eve we celebrated by going to ...
... a statues and busts, giant tapestries, and the gorgeous map room (probably one of my favorites). All the while this one woman would not stop asking the most pointless questions. It seemed every time the tour guide was saying something interesting she would interject with a meaningless question. And Chrissy even commented that she had more facial hair than I did. We then went through the four Raphael rooms and saw some amazing paintings while our guide explained the ...
... absolute astonishment of the beauty of the place. I glanced into the eyes of Mark, Deana and Robin and could tell that they were not prepared for the immensity of the images. Mark and Deana wandered off and I ushered Robin to the center for the best vantage point. I asked her what she thought of it all, but the tears streaming down her cheeks told me all I needed to know. She later said that she couldn't bring herself to talk, she was ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $465
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $101
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $92
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $210
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $62
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $67
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $70
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $115
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $80
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $66
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $85
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71