Hotel Marco Simone and Golf Resort
Travel Blogs from Rome
... it's enormous!! Checking in went really smoothly & only took a few minutes. We headed straight for our rooms & were very pleased with them--perhaps it had something to do with the tiny rooms we had in Rome, but could've been that they are just very nice. We explored the ship, unpacked & took advantage of the buffet...now I know why people gain weight on cruises! We broke open a bottle of wine & toasted our cruise ...
... of the art.
Following this, I went for a nice stroll through the Protestant Cemetery. This is the final resting place of John Keats and one of my favorite places in the city. Even though it is located next to one of the busiest parts of Rome, it still manages to stay relatively quiet and peaceful. It was wonderful to just sit in the shade and read a book. It was just what I needed after a long week.
... something big that "looked important." It was nothing. However, on the way, we watched a guy spray paint some amazing pictures of the Colosseum. If there was any way for me to have been able to get it home, I would've purchased one.
After deciding the big building was nothing, we walked through some alleys until we found what looked like a cute little restaurant for lunch. From the first greeting, we felt good about our choice. ...
They say you should try to get lost in Italy to discover the true Italy. They say you should be prepared for the unexpected. Well, today was the day for that.
We had checked and realized that today was going to be a rainy day, so we decided to check out some of the museums, and maybe filling in sights (that we had skipped) between the raindrops, so we got out, hit the ATM and a grocery store to stock up on money and pastries, and went to the Metro where we discovered it ...
I'm figuring out that there is no point trying to write it all. So now just highlights. Walked from hotel to archeological area of Rome...about 30 minutes. We saw the lines for the Colosseum so we went to the Roman Forum first. We bought Roma Passes which was a good idea since you don't need to buy tickets (long lines) and can go straight to admission. We walked right in. Now here was my first mistake of the day. ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72