Hotel Marco Simone and Golf Resort
Travel Blogs from Rome
This week, I was incredibly blessed to have my boyfriend come visit in Rome. Bryce came to visit me on our spring break and I got to play tour guide, showing him all of my favorite sites. Given that the initial plan was to spend part of our week in Paris, we did a lot of exploring on his first day and a half here (the only way to beat jet lag is to prolong sleep and wear yourself out, right?). I showed him around ...
... cars. In italy I was made to look like a senior citizen driving back from the club on a Tuesday afternoon as the native drivers flashed past me. We thought that Italy's financial woes could be solved by simply fining speeding drivers. Anyway with a few close calls we made our way to Tuscany and our first stop for the trip.
Siena house is a large farmhouse situated on a small hill outside Torrita Di Siena. Malvin welcomed us and gave us the tour of the house. We ...
... Whatever skin color, religious faith, sexual orientation, mental or physical handicap we are all one being.....human being. Another couple of things I have learned is that laughter is universal and a smile is the beginning of all barriers falling. I pray that I will always remember this in every step of my life. Good-bye Italy it has been grand but I have friends and loved ones at home that my heart aches to see ...
... we were etc. It was then explained that the toilet was broken by a large man, and as it is Sunday they could not get it fixed until tomorrow and that we could stay with them there but would have to use the common toilet rather than the ensuite for the night. So 3 hours later, back we go into the **** heap two door car with all our luggage to the apartment we had arrived at originally! It is only now as we sit here with a few less hairs that we can see the funny side to the whole ...
... of the calm Tiber River.
On both side of the bridge, 10 statues of angels holding symbols of passion were designed by the famous Bernini in the 17th century. I just couldn’t believe that I was actually standing here in person and seeing such amazing masterpieces! What an Incredible sight it was!
Michel and I eventually made our way down the bridge way up to ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82