Hotel Maravilloso E Impresionante Con Opciones De Salud
Travel Blogs from Copenhagen
... to satnav the way to the apartment, and sent us in the wrong direction. Moral of the story. If you are lost and a nice young person offers to satnav you to where you want to go.......run, do not walk, away from them. We obtained the services of the greatest satnav device in all of the world, the local Pizza takeaway place. He knew exactly where to go. Second moral. Always find a ...
... into a hotel.
This morning (Monday) after breakfast we set off at a leisurely pace to explore Copenhagen. We had decided to have some “slow” time in Denmark before the second part of our holiday that has some very hectic days in it. Copenhagen is not an easy city to walk around because there are lots of little streets that go in all directions but we managed to find our way to Christiansborg Palace. The current palace is ...
... enough, the wind was blowing like crazy and then the rain came. We found a gift store/restaurant to hang out in and before long, it cleared up and was pretty again.
We walked back to the apt., freshened up a bit and left to go find a place for dinner. We were all really tired, so we didn't venture far. Found a trendy looking burger place called Halifax and decided to give it a try. It wasn't your typical burger joint at all--you chose your type of meat, toppings, ...
... the Maersk world headquarters, a large multi-story building on the waterfront that actually lies within a larger compound of about 50 acres.
When we got back to our hotel, we noticed that hundreds of people were lining up along the street in front of the hotel and for blocks on either side, so we figured a parade was coming. So we hung out for about 1/2 an hour and it turned out that the HUGE annual Copenhagen Gay Pride parade was coming ...
... there. Even though there is a sturdy railing, I had several mental battles about whether or not I should continue the assent or give in to my newfound fear of heights. Ultimately, I did continue to the top.
Getting back down was also an adventure. The stairs accommodate two-way traffic, even though they are only wide enough for one person at many points. I felt like kissing the ground when I finally made it down.
Other places to stay in Copenhagen
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $223
- Great location but some improvements required
- Couldn't ask for better
Mejlgårdens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $174
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
Fisketorvets, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Terrible service at the Copenhagen Island Hotel
- Best shower, worst service
- Could do a lot better!
Christianshavn, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Overpriced middle class hotel
- Great breakfast, flash gym equipment but smallish rooms and very expensive
- Do not under any circumstance stay here
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $193
- Very good hotel in a convenient central location
- Not even up to Scandic Standards
- Not worth it.
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $117
- Great they have got it right
- Too uncomfortable for me
Abel Cathrines, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $171
- Great Location
- Need look no further a Gem of a Hotel
- Excellent Hotel, Excellent Service
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Fantastic - highly recommended
- Great staff, fab for foodies!
- City Break
Krystalgade 22, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $102
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $300
- Excellent Stay
- Great Hotel
- Great Hotel - Not just a guest factory
Reventlows, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- A stroll from the central train station
- For train travellers
- Ein sch÷ner Ort zum ▄bernachten
Indre By, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $217
- Worst Hotel in Europe
- Una pÚsima experiencia
- Sleep on a park bench, instead of staying here!!!
Sydhavnens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $144
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $114
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Modern Hotel in a Good Location
- Stylish Scandinavian
- Hip to be Square!
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $169
Kalvebodernes, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- Excellent Hotel!!
- Excellent Location
- Perfect for a short break in copenhagen
Backers, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $157
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $104
- Pleasant hotel - very central
- Business Class Wannabe
- Very, Good and Central
Gammelholms, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Nice quiet hotel on the perfect spot
- Avoid this one!
Indre By, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $125
Peblinge, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $167
- More than satisfied with the Kong Arthur
- Very Good Hotel
- Faulty towers, but not funny
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Lovely Hotel
- Great Location if you want to be able to walk to everything
- Generally positive experience!