Travel Blogs from Athens
... of the valley below are stunning.
About the Delphic Oracle: the priestess of the oracle was an older woman "of blameless life" chosen from among the peasants of the area. She would sit above a hole in the ground from which vapours allegedly rose and caused her to go into a trance, thereby allowing Apollo to speak through her. She was consulted about matters of public policy and personal affairs. When there was too ...
... towards each other, while a recording was taken from the middle of the circle, and one was taken from around the circle. After this mini performance, we were given some free time to do as we pleased. It was then that we found that the Greeks really don't like people taking pictures of any kind of ruins with flags or any kind of labeling item. A very irate woman came running towards my brothers and myself, waving her hands and yelling for us to ...
We are on the coffee shop street near the Acropolis Museum the a young woman said had wifi cafes for sure. Not so simple. The first one connected to the shop's wifi but it seemed to be connected to nothing. This shop must be connected thru a 32Kb modem its so ...
... Stadium, which was built for the first modern Olympics in 1896 and financed by a private donor. It was reconstructed from the remains of a Greek stadium and is the only stadium in the world made entirely out of white marble. The stadium's track is formed after the old model (nowadays they are standardized to different dimensions), and can seat 45,000 spectators. From one side of the stadium spectators ...
... clog factory & also Anne franks house. Ann franks house was interesting & quite moving however it was slightly difficult to imagine just how crammed it was due to all the furniture been removed from the residence behind the bookshelf.
I caught up with Dan & Stu also in Amsterdam, we basically went out in the centre, looked about, went to a cafe & organised the plan for the following day.
The following day... Was a day of ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price