Travel Blogs from Athens
... these structures. Was interesting to see how they are restoring them. There were no lines and it was a bit busy but the site is so massive that it didn't matter.
We then wandered to the stadium but stopped in at the temple of Zeus. Thought why not we paid for it even though you can see it outside the gates. The pillars are massive!! it is amazing too think there was a big gold statue of Zeus once in there.
... After a bit of fussing and trying to figure out what time it really was, I realized, too, that it was not yet time to get up.
Now it is important to note here, that because we turned our data off, our phones did not automatically reset to the local time. Our watches were right, but our phones were wrong. I was using my phone as my alarm and just calculated what time I needed to set it to in order to be up and ready to leave for the airport at 4:45 ...
... View Hotel would be very convenient and easy for a school group to use because both the airline and the hotel are reasonably priced and look after their customers well. They provide most of the things you would need so there is less dilly-dallying around which would save time.
The Sea View Hotel provides clean spacious rooms, ...
... small island, Aegina. There we had our first seafood meal at a local taverna - a whole small snapper, fried small shrimp, and calimari. Andrew got I think spaghetti for his main course. Since the starters also included Greek salad, fried zucchini. Tzadziki and bread, he seemed to have plenty to eat. After lunch we went by bus to the ancient temple of Aphaia, perched high on a hill, from which you can see Athens in the distance. The kids swam this morning on the way; the sailboats ...
... happy to share any information I have.
Thanks to those with whom I've shared my memories. Hope you liked the little stories and pictures that I've shared with you.
Hope you get to visit this country and enjoy the sites and food.
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Circle - IX, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $12
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price