Travel Blogs from Athens
... tourist attraction very popular.
We walked our way up and got the guided tour listening to the story of Athena - the goddess of wisdom, courage and strength. She is the virgin patroness of Athens for which the city is named after.
We had just over an hour up there to explore and take in the views of the city, then made our way down to the Museum.
The museum was three stories made majority out of glass (windows and floor) to ...
... to Patras we stop for a break near the Corinthian Canal built 2000 years ago to save boats traveling all the way around the peninsular.
The ferry is due to depart at 7:00pm but when we arrive at the port it hasn't arrived from Ancona, it has been delayed by a maritime inspection. Finally depart around 11:00pm while we are having a very late dinner on board.
Having been on the go for about 18 hours we hit the sack totally knackered.
... graffiti left unchecked and some buildings in the need for urgent renovations. Still the city was clean (much cleaner than Cairo) and although very dense, inviting and a non-threatening place to visit.
I could spend a lot more time in Athena and would salivate over the Souvlakis, Gyros and Mythos beer. Thanks for having us.
You’re Athena & Acropolis Adventurer,
* From the information panel at the ...
... SWEET PRESERVES: (Γλυκά κουταλ 53;ού) Wow! Every bite out of the 4 different fruit desserts was so tempting! I tried hard to resist. I urge you to try all four. (Grapes, Firiki Piliou, Pergamot orange, Quince).
The complimentary glass of raki at the end of the meal is ideal for digestion and I consider it an excellent treat from the owner.
... Greece will not be quite as expensive as Italy has been especially Florence and Venice. Arrived Athens and found our way via the metro to our hotel. Actually once we exited the metro at the correct stop, we were a little uncertain of what to do next. Fortunately found some helpful people and it turned out our hotel was a mere 100 metres away. Checked in and headed for the bar on ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Circle - IX, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $12
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price