Travel Blogs from Athens
... but just that!
The "Nostos Blend" Manousakis on the other hand was an excellent wine with aromas of nutmeg, pepper and red fruits. Intense in color, leaving behind a pleasant taste.
SALADS: There are 5 on the list ranking from €8.00 to €9.50. The Alatsi salad with tomato, barley rusk and goat cheese, and the most expensive one is the one with white grouper, mayonnaise, potato and carrot for €18.00. I asked ...
... another. Jo asked about my wallet and I touched it in my trousers. It was OK. Protocol: Wallet securely velcroed in my front pocket. I thought, "Wow, I just avoided getting pick-pocketed!" Our stop came up and I maneuvered to get Joanne in place to go before me. Joanne has the passports in her neck pouch. Protocol: Money belts! Money belts and/or money neck strap pouches! We use them. Joanne left the train but when I tried to get out I ...
... both the presentation and Father John’s lecture taking pictures of us the entire time (it was weird, but I guess I should be used to it by now…). After Father John finished his lecture we had some free time to walk around Athens before dinner. In order to orient ourselves with the city we decided to find the general way back to the hotel so we wouldn’t get lost later. On the way we picked up some dog friends who followed us ...
... between the west and east - Persia’s conquest of the Greeks - Alexander’s empire in Mesopotamia - the dismantling of the Byzantine Empire by the Turks - the Crusader/Mujahid conflicts - the blossoming of art from rigid stoicism to the masterpieces that inspired Michelangelo and DaVinci I was looking forward to continuing my walk in the footsteps of time and to connect (in whatever way I can) with these figurative and literal giants of the past, ...
... Panathinaikos Stadium and many more places, each of which are completely beautiful!
After the tour I visited the National Archaeological Museum which is Athens biggest museum and is one of the most important in the ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price