Hotel Lefkos Pyrgos
Travel Blogs from Athens
... speaks a bit of French and we were able to carry conversations with them! Apparently, they spend six months out of the year traveling the world! What a great life! Overall, the best experience yet! Once we were done swimming, we drove back up the hill to the Temple of Poseidon! It was gorgeous, for it was almost sunset and the sun was hitting the temple and the sea perfectly! We waited until sunset (got some great shots!), took a group photo, and drove ...
... that Greece is a poor country after the financial crisis and are really struggling, so it's nice that Germany has helped them. But I suppose it must be difficult now. Tuesday 13 August 2013 Went to the Acropolis, the National Gardens and the Temple of Zeus. Also contemplated whether I might change my flights to try to stay longer in France and actually work, because I have a visa to work. Maybe I will... For me it feels a bit reckless, and I ...
... turkish delight really has shocked the system. In hindsight, in Turkey, I was sugar overloading and my body got use to it. Now, its the opposite so I'll have an adjustment period.
After the museum, we walked up to the Acropolis which is not just the big temple but the whole hill. The big temple at the top is called the Parthenon, which unfortunately is under renovation for another 30 years so it was impossible to get a clean photo. The structures around it ...
Kept wandering up and down and found myself at a big arch which I discovered was called Hadrian’s arch and it was opposite the Temple of Zeus. I ...
... and stay here in town. We chose the latter because as I mentioned before the acropolis ticket gets us into the other sites as well. While we were up on top of the hill we took lots of photos of the amazing view of the city of Greece including the ocean and the port that our cruise ship will depart from. We then took our tourist shots with the Parthenon before wandering back down. On the way to the other sights we stopped at the hill where the apostle Paul preached to the ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $118
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $130
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $123
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $74
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $76
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $323
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $115
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $159
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $67
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $119
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $118
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $80
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $91
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $111
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $160
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $48
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $48
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $102
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $154
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $49
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $95
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price