Travel Blogs from Athens
... 1092;ины – грязн
Но если кто-то захоч 77;т копну 90;ь самую малос 90;ь глубж 77;, он ...
Today we are in Athens. It was a very long day. We had to meet our group at 7:00 AM! Due to the German chancellor's visit, a lot of excursions were canceled. Ours was not. We drove from the port into the city and past the restored Olympic stadium from the first modern Olympic Games in 1900, or whenever it was held. We also drove past the building where the Tomb of the Unknown soldier is buried, with the ceremonial guards. Then we ...
... got the bus to Central market we noticed that all the shops along the main street were closed. The Fish and Meat market was empty. So I asked the driver whether it was a public holiday and he confirmed that it was indeed a holiday. Since the markets were closed we decided to go to the Archaeological Museum. However, Lucky refused to walk there as the walk took us through Omnia Square which wasn’t considered a safe place to walk by. The option was to take the tour bus ...
... do some more shopping. Brian and I went back to the hotel rooftop to have a few more drinks.
After the girls returned, we organised ourselves to go out for tea to another restaurant in the Plaka districts. We then returned back to the Hotel to go up on the roof to get some pictures of the Acropolis by night.
Tomorrow we leave for Preveza to pick up the ...
... is my chance to retrace my (rather small) footsteps, meet up with old friends, but also be a tourist and enjoy New York's cultural side, which I was too young to appreciate back then. I decided to blog about this experience, because my dream is to become a travel journalist and I wanted to try my hand at writing ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $108
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $234
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $144
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $79
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $74
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $96
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $280
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $111
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotel
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $64
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $155
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $150
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $77
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $95
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $98
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $120
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $214
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $39
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $50
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $48
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $107
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $85
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $98
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $131
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price