Hotel Las Americas
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Las Americas San Juan
Travel Blogs from San Juan
... of our students. There was a little bit of crying, swearing, and anxiety, but once we hit 30,000 feet, the students realized that it wasn't so bad after all. We landed in Philadelphia with the hope that there would be some time to get food, but we only had an hour layover and had to quickly move from one terminal to another. (Plus it took FOREVER for us to get off of the plane since we were all in the back.) By the time we got to our next gate, we heard the final boarding ...
... the beautiful weather and fresh ocean breeze. El Morro is a really old (like 250-500 year old) fort that used to protect the San Juan port. Many of the walls surrounding El Morro are like 30 feet wide and vary in height. There are openings in the walls in certain areas for drainage, that you should probably not walk through, because there will be a big fall at the end. Also, there are some really cool little ...
... because the opportunities for beautiful and unique photographs are endless. We were surprised to see that a portion of the fort was added by the Americans in WWII to detect approaching maritime enemies, so the use of the fort for military purposes has continued into the 20th century.
After touring all the parts of the fort and enjoying the fresh sea air, we headed down the grassy hill from the fort to the San Juan cemetery below, which ...
... perhaps, “Hey, I was sleeping,” or, “Dad, I’m in here! Get me out!” Either way, it is our first direct interaction with our little one. We clink our glasses and settle into a lovely calm. It isn’t your typical honeymoon, but it’s ours, and we’ll never forget it.
Ingrid Lombardo McCoy is a freelance writer living in Northern Virginia; she writes travel fiction under her pen name, Ingrid Anders.
... filled with canned corned beef. We sampled our first local beers Medalla and Magna - we couldn't detect much of a difference, but we always enjoy taste testing. We got a sweet bun filled with pineapple at a local bakery for dessert.
Rested for 2 hours or so then went out to listen to music on the square and ate at Café Mojito. We were seated outside so we could watch the locals ...
Other places to stay in San Juan
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 4 star hotelfrom $153
- Enjoyed by stay
- The Wyndham Condado Plaza Hotel
- Christmas 2002
Downtown/City center, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $125
- May 2003 Trip
- Wyndham Old San Juan a total disappointment
- Just a place to sleep
Downtown/City center, San Juan | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Loved Our Stay!
- Why stay anywhere else?
- Puerto Rico the forgotten Jewel
Luyang District, San Juan | 4 star hotelfrom $32
- Great Hotel
- Can't really not complain at all about the hotel...
- Was worth the money. Would stay again...
Downtown/City center, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $151
- I agree, avoid this place.
- The ideal getaway hotel
- Pleasant Surprise
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $132
- Would Not Stay Again
- Nice Get Away!
- Good Value Near Old San Juan
1 Mariano Ramirez Bages, San Juan | 2 star hotelfrom $94
- Terrible Experience
- Not all that
- Low price, but you get what you pay for
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $140
- You can find better deal!
- Reasonable Rates, Excellent Service
- It's not the ritz, but it's not expensive either
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 4 star hotelfrom $150
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 2 star hotelfrom $84
- Rooms really really damp
- Look no further!
- Recent Stay in January, 2004 at the San Juan Beach Hotel
Airport, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $124
- Convenient, Quiet, and Near Beaches
- Perfect place to overnight when flying next AM
- Long on amenities for a short stay
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $108
Calle Clemenceau 6, San Juan | 1 star hotelfrom $57
- Good value; recent renovation.
- 2 star...
- Comfort Inn...great place and location
Downtown/City center, San Juan | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Beautiful, thoughtful, but noisy
- Charming Old world feel in great location, some service slips
Calle San Jose 202, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $34
7800 C.A. Henderson Boulevard, Oklahoma City | 2 star hotelfrom $285
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $103
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 2 star hotelfrom $131
- Diamond Dud
- Don't believe "Expedia's" hype!
- Worse hotel ever !!!!!!
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 2 star hotelfrom $85
- Hard to find but.....
- Great help, aging facility
- Very clean and comfortable
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Stay @ The Wind Chimes
- Romantic oasis in the Condado!
- What a great place
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $115
- Great Choice!!!! Will not be dissapointed!!!!
- BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE
- Me encantó el Acacia
Downtown/City center, San Juan | 3 star hotelfrom $106
- Comfortable stay
- Don't bother to stay here!
- Location is only asset.
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 2 star hotelfrom $118
- A little strip of Paradise...
- Beach Lover Paradise
- Relaxing, Beautiful, Pleasant
Condado/Santurce, San Juan | 2 star hotelfrom $82
- A Wonderful Time At Atlantic!
- EGAD! Marriott up street is what I would do.
- It's a nice place to stay
Downtown/City center, San Juan | 2 star hotelfrom $88
- Just got to love it
- Party Time
- Wonderfull for business trips